ADVERTISEMENT

I heard on the radio this morning that Felder had some comments...

aj&uscgrad

Jul 16, 2000
about Jefferson's reactions during the game. I had to stop listening before I heard any further. Anybody hear this? Thanks in advance

He yelled to the refs, then dropped a F bomb, then went back to yell at the refs. Then he went to the bench to get pink eye and came back to the refs to yell at them some more. Then after we made our first foul shot, he yelled at the ref some more.

Kennard is the other punk that pushed Felder into the goal on a fast break.

Put anything other than "Duke" on the front of their jersey and they get technicals.

It may not be their fault - their great coach was taking off his jacket and throwing it around in a tantrum around the 12 minute mark of the first half. Not exactly the best role model. There was a clear distinction in the men playing for Frank and the boys from Duke.

Seemed like Coach K gave up. Took out the Sr. with 16 seconds left.
Down by 7 with :16 left, he calls off the pressure. Thought that was a little strange.
I'm guessing he figured that the remaining 16 seconds would probably go like most of the previous 19:44, and now was the time to act classy.

Might have been different if they were down by 5 or less.

Reactions: IH8FATBRAD
Seemed like Coach K gave up. Took out the Sr. with 16 seconds left.
Down by 7 with :16 left, he calls off the pressure. Thought that was a little strange.

Duke played a 7 man rotation. That was the 3rd player to foul out. So, Coach K had 2 players out there who never play. He knew it was over. Jefferson was one foul away from fouling out. Basically he was depleted.

Reactions: wentzel25
He yelled to the refs, then dropped a F bomb, then went back to yell at the refs. Then he went to the bench to get pink eye and came back to the refs to yell at them some more. Then after we made our first foul shot, he yelled at the ref some more.

Put anything other than "Duke" on the front of their jersey and they get technicals.

It may not be their fault - their great coach was taking off his jacket and throwing it around in a tantrum around the 12 minute mark of the first half. Not exactly the best role model. There was a clear distinction in the men playing for Frank and the boys from Duke.

Cockydev, you are incredibly insightful. Thanks.

I took the quote provided here from Felder and posted it on the UK board, they really liked it

I was yelling "T HIM UP!!" at the ref on two different occasions with Jefferson. That was unreal what he got away with.

When this happened Derrick Scott on the radio broadcast could not believe that the ref didn't Tee him up and said "obviously Jefferson has been elected mayor of bracket town, I just wish they had informed us about it!"

Easy there. I know you're a Carolina fan, but Coach K is very respected.

I also noticed that Kennard gave Felder a shove and grab after the whistle on a foul and Felder had to push his hand away.

Those guys like to get in little cheap shots all the time. Guess we were too physical for them and not some cheese and wine team.

Reactions: vacock#
I also noticed that Kennard gave Felder a shove and grab after the whistle on a foul and Felder had to push his hand away.

Those guys like to get in little cheap shots all the time. Guess we were too physical for them and not some cheese and wine team.

That shove was awesome. I'm no lip reader, but I swear it looked like Felder yelled "get off me" as he shoved him. I love it!
A little attitude plus a lot of confidence is a good thing for us

Reactions: fire ant
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT