ADVERTISEMENT

I hope ESPN gets rid of Jay Bilas

TN-Gamecock

May 10, 2002
Erwin, TN/Originally from Greer
The huge disrespect he gave us after we beat Duke...then when the panel of 4 commentators were talking about us in the final four, the commentators were careful to,say Gamecocks and Tarheels...he kept saying South Carolina and Carolina...total disrespect...I despise that dude...

Reactions: vacock#
ESPN should get rid of 75% of the Duke, UCONN, Tennessee and Ohio St grads that flood their airways with obvious bias

I think ESPN is finally realizing that people watch for the sports, not for the personalities or commentary. Those only piss people off.

I would love to see a game broadcast with no announcers... just crank up the sound from the stadium and the PA annoucer. Show the same replays shown on the big screen at the stadium. In sort, make it like the viewer is at the game.

I think ESPN is finally realizing that people watch for the sports, not for the personalities or commentary. Those only piss people off.

I would love to see a game broadcast with no announcers... just crank up the sound from the stadium and the PA annoucer. Show the same replays shown on the big screen at the stadium. In sort, make it like the viewer is at the game.
That was one of the Superbowl Broadcasts. It was pretty awesome.

Last edited:
Reactions: FORKCOCK
ESPN should have let the fans pick the 100 who were to get the pink slips.

Reactions: FORKCOCK
I have a buddy that lives on Sea Pines, Hilton Head. He says they're quiet number of Ohio State fans/grads that live near him, and and they are some of the most insufferable a$$holes he's ever known. He is certainly not friends with any of them.

Reactions: lawcalcock
My God, he whined about Duke not gettin a #1 seed for 3 days. Yes, they won the ACC tourney, but they finished 5th in the regular season. And whined about Syracuse and their 84 RPI not getting in.

If you consider the talking heads that they did not fire (Stephen A. Smith, Mike Greenburg, Tony Kornheiser, and Jemele Hill for example) it is pretty obvious that ESPN is doubling down on the personalities and commentary. The folks that got fired (Ed Werder and Trent Dilfer for example) were either insiders with connections to inside information about teams or ex players with connections and playing/coaching experience. ESPN has not realized anything. They are putting their fate in the hands of loud mouths providing their opinion on sports, politics, and cultural topics instead of providing reporting on sporting events and matchups. The personalities they are keeping are the ones that sit around a desk and shout each other down. That is what ESPN believes its future is. Screw them!!

I would love to see a game broadcast with no announcers... just crank up the sound from the stadium and the PA announcer. Show the same replays shown on the big screen at the stadium. In sort, make it like the viewer is at the game.

I think NBC tried that about 30-40 years ago with an NFL game.

INo have a buddy that lives on Sea Pines, Hilton Head. He says they're quiet number of Ohio State fans/grads that live near him, and and they are some of the most insufferable a$$holes he's ever known. He is certainly not friends with any of them.
TOSU is probably the 3rd most represented school in Beaufort County behind South Carolina and Georgia. Your buddy sounds like a Michigan fan (who are also well represented). Got my MBA from TOSU....their fans aren't that bad, but they do love the scarlet and gray. Now the announcers for their sports shows are obnoxious as hell.

The best thing about TOSU fans is that they generally HATE Clemson.

Last edited:
Reactions: ulysses5
If you consider the talking heads that they did not fire (Stephen A. Smith, Mike Greenburg, Tony Kornheiser, and Jemele Hill for example) it is pretty obvious that ESPN is doubling down on the personalities and commentary. The folks that got fired (Ed Werder and Trent Dilfer for example) were either insiders with connections to inside information about teams or ex players with connections and playing/coaching experience. ESPN has not realized anything. They are putting their fate in the hands of loud mouths providing their opinion on sports, politics, and cultural topics instead of providing reporting on sporting events and matchups. The personalities they are keeping are the ones that sit around a desk and shout each other down. That is what ESPN believes its future is. Screw them!!

Why would they get rid of Greenburg, Kornheiser or Screamin A? Those are the only shows that get ratings

TOSU is probably the 3rd most represented school in Beaufort County behind South Carolina and Georgia. Your buddy sounds like a Michigan fan (who are also well represented). Got my MBA from TOSU....their fans aren't that bad, but they do love the scarlet and gray. Now the announcers for their sports shows are obnoxious as hell.

The best thing about TOSU fans is that they generally HATE Clemson.

I think the demographics are different north of the Broad River. Unaware of many B1G fans in Beaufort.

Would be a great time for Fox to rise up and give the four letter network some real competition especially with college sports. I am sure Disney would love to have some of the load taken off.

Its been done before ... didn't work

NBC did this in December ... either 1980 or 1981 ... NY Jets at Miami ... was a TOTAL disaster ... people like to listen and if they don't like what they are hearing, they simply mute ...

WO
Why would they get rid of Greenburg, Kornheiser or Screamin A? Those are the only shows that get ratings

Well I guess we know why they are failing then. And we know why they will continue to fail. Double down on a losing business plan. I'm not their target market so I won't be watching their crap.

When I tune in and see that loudmouth Stephen A. Smith talking all ghetto and all, you will not believe how cat like my reflexes are to turn off the TV.

Reactions: TN-Gamecock
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT