ADVERTISEMENT

I hope this will not interfere with Carolina's practice schedule... Football, business and school

world famous 3rd base hecklers

Sep 25, 2011
are more important than a stupid concert lasting 3 hours....

The Beyonce/Jay-Z concert will close this road for six days

COLUMBIA, SC

One week before the artists take the stage, traffic will be diverted near Williams-Brice Stadium in Columbia, SC, in preparation for Beyonce and Jay-Z’s On The Road II concert Aug. 21. The stages for the OTR II stadium shows are a complex puzzle of pieces that take about a week to be assembled in venues worldwide, and about two and a half days to take apart.

George Rogers Boulevard will be closed from Bluff Road to Key Road beginning at 6 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 16. All lanes will remain closed until 8 p.m.

Friday, Aug. 17, from 7:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.

• Saturday, Aug. 18, from 7:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.

• Sunday, Aug. 19, from 7:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.

• Monday, Aug. 20, from 8:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.

• Tuesday, Aug. 21, the day of the concert, George Rogers Blvd will be closed at 8 a.m. and will remain closed until Wednesday, Aug. 22, at 8 p.m.

• On Thursday, Aug. 23, from 6 a.m. to 4 p.m., the two lanes closest to Williams-Brice Stadium will be blocked from Bluff Road to Key Road.

Through traffic should avoid the area. There will be detour signs and notices in place to help direct motorists and pedestrians around the temporary road closures.

Alternative routes include:

On Assembly Street (headed to Bluff Road)

Take a right turn onto Rosewood Drive and a left turn onto Bluff Road

On Rosewood Drive (headed to Bluff Road)

Keep straight and take a left turn onto Bluff Road

Or:

From Assembly Street / Rosewood Drive

Make a left turn onto Key Road

Take a right onto Market Road

Coming from I-77 up Bluff Road

Take Bluff Road to Rosewood Drive to get to Assembly Street (Fastest Route)

Or:

Take a right turn onto Market Road (at Bojangles’)

Take a right turn onto George Rogers on Assembly Street (headed to Bluff Road)

Take a right turn onto Rosewood Drive and a left turn onto Bluff Road

Read more here: https://www.thestate.com/news/local/article216756885.html#storylink=cpy

Why do we invent things to worry about?

You don't think having Beyonce/Jay-Z concert, and blocking off the road for 6 days so they can prepare Williams-Brice Stadium for the concert will be on the minds of some of the players???

I see this as a distraction for the players, business in the area will have to deal with this for at least 6 -8 day...

This is not your typical Thursday night game...

We move our oldest son to USC on Monday, August 20 (along with 1000's of other students). It will be a madhouse just because it is "move in" day. I have a feeling these closures are going to make the process a little longer.

You don't think having Beyonce/Jay-Z concert, and blocking off the road for 6 days so they can prepare Williams-Brice Stadium for the concert will be on the minds of some of the players???

I see this as a distraction for the players, business in the area will have to deal with this for at least 6 -8 day...

Because the concert wouldn't be a distraction anyway? I would imagine a great many of our players are going to the show.

The concert might be on the players' minds as a matter of excitement. No use making it into a negative. People adjust.

I'll be happy just to send that concert to Clemson and be done with it...

Any other time between January - July playing in Columbia would be fine with me...
I wouldn't. Can hear Dabo telling recruits "We have these big concerts and they don't. Now where would you really want to go to school?"

I don't listen to them, but my kids and their friends do. This is a good thing....not a bad one.

The only thing legitimate to be concerned about is damage to the playing field, if there will be concert goers on the turf.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT