ADVERTISEMENT

I just don't like Holbrook's attitude. He said after the Saturday win

Freddie.B.Cocky

Jul 19, 2002
regardless if they won game 3 or not they would be a better team down the road. Heck, man be positive about the quempsum game. Man, the loss today sucks out loud.

agreed, the only thing to say after a win like that is "we were fortunate to play well enough to win, and we're going to come back to Columbia and hopefully put it together again and win the series", and thats IT. You know we're in trouble when the coach starts volunteering more information than that.

Originally posted by CaliCock:
agreed, the only thing to say after a win like that is "we were fortunate to play well enough to win, and we're going to come back to Columbia and hopefully put it together again and win the series", and thats IT. You know we're in trouble when the coach starts volunteering more information than that.
Basically, the same thing Holbrook said right before we played Maryland in the Regionals last year.

Tanner got involved during the game. You knew he was managing. Hell, he'd go talk to a player in the middle of an at bat. I miss that.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

After watching his team in today's game, I see why he said that.

You are right Freddie. To hear Holbrook say what he did is like rubbing salt in a wound. I would like to think he is just saying that to the public, and something else in the locker room-I don't think he is.

Originally posted by bogiecock:

You are right Freddie. To hear Holbrook say what he did is like rubbing salt in a wound. I would like to think he is just saying that to the public, and something else in the locker room-I don't think he is.
Funny, you should mention that because I was thinking the same thing yesterday. But, I am like you I certainly hope he was saying something different in the locker room.

I will say this for Jackleg, he sounded a lot more positive after the Saturday game than Holbrook.

Attitude all around seems to be a problem. Look no further than on-the-field leadership. One of the team's senior leaders was suspended for opening day. That just can't happen. As a leader, how do you do something stupid enough to get yourself suspended for opening day?

At least Holbrook showed some anger after the game and said that he was going to sit some people who are making lame excuses. He made Martin and Schrock face the media to publicly answer for the embarrassment. This may be the last time we see them for awhile.

And I'm sick of hearing that they can't dwell on a bad game. That they have to "look forward and prepare themselves better". How on earth are you not prepared for the rubber game of a series with your rival, on your home field? No "energy"? Seriously? I hope you dwell on this game all season. You should be losing sleep over it. It's the only way to tell whether or not you actually give a shite about the fans, your opportunity, and your school, and whether or not you are ashamed enough of the way you played to get angry.

This post was edited on 3/2 9:15 PM by coq-au-vandy

Thought the same thing but Martin struck out again so not sure it mattered. Don't think middle of lineup did anything this weekend that would make you feel good about them hitting with men on.

That being said, it is one series and we have a long season in front of us. Bats will heat up and I think we will get on a roll.

Told a guy this morning that Gore and Cone looked like they wanted to play but not sure about anyone else.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT