ADVERTISEMENT

I just got banned from another site for 2 years.....

Yeah I had go one last round with them. The sad thing is it took me several try's to remember my username and password over there. Shows you how frequently I visited that site.lol

So you are SO unconcerned about that other site that you go over there and troll them, essentially asking to be banned, and then you come over here and post about it a good half dozen times? Methinks the lady doth protest too much.

I guess echo chambers are okay so long as the echoes resemble your voice.

Reactions: GamecockWarrior
So you are SO unconcerned about that other site that you go over there and troll them, essentially asking to be banned, and then you come over here and post about it a good half dozen times? Methinks the lady doth protest too much.

You must be the butthurt mod that banned me. Guess what, you aren't on Cockytalk anymore so you better stay in your lane over here.

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield

^^^^Cockytalker!^^^^

Reactions: robertfootball

Member since 2001... and this is your first post?
The McCock is full of special sauce.

Ok, I got curious. So I went over there and here are some of the other threads I saw: "Bentley's offensive philosophy", "107.5 is terrible," "Should Hurst sit out?" Basically the same thing as here. Plenty of belly-achers like robertfootball on there as well.

I've never had a post censored on FGF, so I have no complaints. If you've been suspended here, you must have really crossed the line.
there's a line you can cross?

Member since 2001... and this is your first post?
The McCock lacks the special sauce.

Actually, it's been quite a while since I have posted but was once a very active poster on FGF for years, all the way back to its pre-corporate days. I'm pretty sure I've posted here in the past year or two, so I think my post count was reset at some point when the site was re-formatted. Used to do some basketball content for Shoe back in the day, and we talked a bit about my taking a position with the site as a writer but I wasn't in a position to do so.

Per a previous post, yes, I do post on Cockytalk but only very occasionally (I have read much more than I write since starting a family years ago) and have been a member there since its early days as well. I was also a poster on Rusty the Rooster's board all the way back in the old AOL days, on Plano's Page 3, Order of the Spur, etc.

I have posted plenty of posts critical of players and coaches on Cockytalk (and other sites) over the years, and I have never been banned and I can only recall one post that I ever made that was removed or moved to a different forum... I asked a mod why in a PM and was told that it was not strictly about USC football so it was moved to their more generic forum for sports.

I assume that the reason I was never banned is that I read Cockytalk's posting rules, understood what the mods/owners do and don't tolerate, and posted by their rules because I recognized I was a guest on their site... their house, their rules. I can't speak to the fairness of others' experiences with that site or any other, just my own. The corporate-run boards are certainly more liberal in what they tolerate, but the easy answer to a problem seems to be to post where you like and avoid the places you don't.

I just thought it was kind of ironic that someone would go to the trouble of posting something they knew well would get them banned just so they could go someplace else and complain about it. Like I said, everyone hates an echo chamber unless it's their own voice that's echoing.

Last edited:
Reactions: GamecockWarrior
When a site bans someone this should be the gif

BxvQPxa.gif

Reactions: FORKCOCK
I was on the Go Gamecocks/The State forums until they were closed. After that, I went to CT. I posted some, but mostly just read because a lot of football threads would get hijacked and it would be 2-4 people or so bickering back and forth with each other. It was during the 2014 season that I began to notice the excessive number of bans and deleted threads, even the "vent" threads would be closed. It was almost pointless to go over there after a loss/bad game because the majority of the threads would be closed.

One of the rules over there was that you were never to criticize players or coaches. I had no problem with the players part, but I disagreed with the coaches part. They weren't kids, they were very handsomely paid professionals that weren't doing their jobs very well when the 2014 season rolled around. I made that same statement (never called anyone out in particular that I recall and definitely didn't participate in name calling) over there and that got me banned for two weeks.

I wish I had known sooner that you could sign up for a free account here. I really appreciate the fact that you're more free to express your opinions over here without worrying about getting banned. So thank you mods for allowing us to have a voice/opinion without being extremely petty when things don't go so well. Based on my brief experience, this is how a forum should be run.

One of the rules over there was that you were never to criticize players or coaches. I had no problem with the players part, but I disagreed with the coaches part.

I don't know what the issues are/were, other than it has appeared at times that their mods over-correct when the class gets rowdy. Like I said, I have been critical of both players and coaches from time to time there with no reprisal from the mods.

I think that sometimes posters don't get the distinction between criticism and "bashing" (which is what their rules refer to). It's a matter of degree I guess, and you only figure out where the line is once you cross it.

Actually, it's been quite a while since I have posted but was once a very active poster on FGF for years, all the way back to its pre-corporate days. I've posted here probably in the past year or two, so I think my post count was reset at some point when the site was re-formatted. Used to do some basketball content for Shoe back in the day, and we talked a bit about my taking a position with the site as a writer but I wasn't in a position to do so.

Per a previous post, yes, I do post on Cockytalk but only very occasionally (I have read much more than I write since starting a family years ago) and have been a member there since its early days as well. I was also a poster on Rusty the Rooster's board all the way back in the old AOL days, on Plano's Page 3, Order of the Spur, etc.

I have posted plenty of posts critical of players and coaches on Cockytalk (and other sites) over the years, and I have never been banned and I can only recall one post that I ever made that was removed or moved to a different forum... I asked a mod why in a PM and was told that it was not strictly about USC football so it was moved to their more generic forum for sports.

I assume that the reason I was never banned is that I read Cockytalk's posting rules, understood what the mods/owners do and don't tolerate, and posted by their rules because I recognized I was a guest on their site... their house, their rules. I can't speak to the fairness of others' experiences with that site or any other, just my own. The corporate-run boards are certainly more liberal in what they tolerate, but the easy answer to a problem seems to be to post where you like and avoid the places you don't.

I just thought it was kind of ironic that someone would go to the trouble of posting something they knew well would get them banned just so they could go someplace else and complain about it. Like I said, everyone hates an echo chamber unless it's their own voice that's echoing.
Nothing wrong with respecting their rules and going by them. We are just pointing out how over the top that site is and how it's basically dead. It's overrun with taters and fans of other teams and a few Gamecock posters that make you just shake your head. I'm not saying the site was never good but it's awful now and has been for some time. This place is a million times better and CT offers nothing that this site doesn't. Well, besides loving on taters and ban happy mods.

Shoot, uscbeckham (mod on here) even posts in the game threads sometimes and gets into it.

We had one guy lose his mind and want to buy coffee for people and fight. Good times!

Reactions: joplin gamecock1
I have been banned for eternity at TigerNet for posting the following....

"DeAndre McDaniel"

A few years ago, the Bible Study group on TaterNet was discussing just how horrible our school was for allowing our heathen QB Stephen Garcia to play.

I merely posted "DeAndre McDaniel".

I was perma banned in 5 minutes.

Nothing wrong with respecting their rules and going by them. We are just pointing out how over the top that site is and how it's basically dead. It's overrun with taters and fans of other teams and a few Gamecock posters that make you just shake your head. I'm not saying the site was never good but it's awful now and has been for some time. This place is a million times better and CT offers nothing that this site doesn't. Well, besides loving on taters and ban happy mods.

Shoot, uscbeckham (mod on here) even posts in the game threads sometimes and gets into it.

We had one guy lose his mind and want to buy coffee for people and fight. Good times!
Yeah, that site is terrible. For years, it was basically Pravda. Only sunshine and kittens. For some unknown reason, probably because they banned all but a few posters, they opened the floodgates. Now it's overrun by taters.

Yeah, that site is terrible. For years, it was basically Pravda. Only sunshine and kittens. For some unknown reason, probably because they banned all but a few posters, they opened the floodgates. Now it's overrun by taters.
Oh they welcome the taters with open arms and if you get into a debate with one, it's you that's gone not the tater.

I have been banned for eternity at TigerNet for posting the following....

"DeAndre McDaniel"

A few years ago, the Bible Study group on TaterNet was discussing just how horrible our school was for allowing our heathen QB Stephen Garcia to play.

I merely posted "DeAndre McDaniel".

I was perma banned in 5 minutes.
Many years ago I created an account there with the handle ClemsonPlayersBeatWomen. They didn't take too kindly to me. That was my first and last attempt to be a troll.

I'm not sure where I've been but I have never heard of that site. Question....Is it a paid subscription site ? If so, mods are pretty lenient for paying customer's opinions and prefer to delete inappropriate topics and posts rather than ban someone. If they are not doing that over there then they are shooting themselves in the foot. Back in the day I got kicked out of a chatroom by Coupe because my Uga brother-in-law got on there with my username behind my back. No more drunk messaging......too easy for the enemy to sneak up on you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT