ADVERTISEMENT

I just got two free avocados by mistake in my grocery order. I've never had avocado like some of you rich people. What...

Cut them in half, remove the seed and scoop them clean with a spoon. Mash them up and add two diced Roma tomatoes, a quarter cup red onion, a finely diced jalapeño and a squirt of lime juice. Grab some lime tortilla chips from Kroger and some Sol and you’re set.

Cut them in half, remove the seed and scoop them clean with a spoon. Mash them up and add two diced Roma tomatoes, a quarter cup red onion, a finely diced jalapeño and a squirt of lime juice. Grab some lime tortilla chips from Kroger and some Sol and you’re set.
This if you wanna get fancy.

Alternatively, mash that junk up in a bowl and dip some tortilla chips in

I've heard talk of avocado toast. Is it worth using these FREE avocados for that?

Slow down! Out of all of that I only have a large tomato of questionable quality.

Slice them up and put on a Turkey sandwich - it adds great flavor and you don’t need any mayo if that’s your thing.

The avocado toast is good. Mash them up, stir in a small bit of EVOO, garlic powder, salt and pepper and spread on the toast. That’s it. You could top it with some finely diced red onion, or really anything you want. You could cut up some crispy bacon and stir in or put on top. The world is your avocado toast oyster.

Reactions: jsusc
So I've been reading online and I think I'm about to try to make an egg stuffed avocado. What's the worst that could happen?

All of these ideas are good. But then again I usually just eat the avocado plain, so anything would be good.

Reactions: uscedge21
So I've been reading online and I think I'm about to try to make an egg stuffed avocado. What's the worst that could happen?
Here they are before going into the oven.

188280332_3959472400754516_4326177267953218925_n.jpg

And as a bonus, me wearing my ancient SAN DIEGO Chargers jersey.

188204444_3959475337420889_6995348917896258080_n.jpg

Mine is similar to Dizzy but I think I'm just more lazy then he is, so:

When the Avocado is ready, I scoop out the green and smash some cherry tomatoes in and put some pepper and and mash and mush it up with a spoon and I have a dip for Celery or tortilla chips or whatever I want.

Reactions: Dizzy01
So here is the finished product. I don't know about this. But they were free. I just hope I haven't rurnt two otherwise good eggs.

187783375_3959504647417958_7794997622671877615_n.jpg

Reactions: Gradstudent
Agreed! In addition to the above ingredients, I add a little garlic and salt to taste.

Reactions: Dizzy01
Wait until the avocado gives a little when pressed. Rock hard avocados are no use to anybody. Peel, scoop the seed, slice. Squeeze lemon juice on it. Salt and pepper. Eat. Or chunk it up in a salad. If you have a good orange handy, orange and avocado marry well together (odd, I know, but there is a citrus guacamole that’s pretty good).

Reactions: atl-cock
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT