ADVERTISEMENT

I just had Darius Rucker ask me to give money to Carolina.

You won't be guaranteed anything, but your professed desire to see Carolina succeed will be taken more seriously if you put your support where your mouth is!

You won't be guaranteed anything, but your professed desire to see Carolina succeed will be taken more seriously if you put your support where your mouth is!
giphy.gif

When our Board of Trustees shows me that they meet this simple standard and remove Coach Tanner from the position of Director of Athletics, I will begin donating again. Not a cent until that happens.

This will be the tipping point. Change will come as a result of this indignant post.

We need to get better at sticking together as a fanbase. Give money, show up to the events, wear the gear, put the stuff on your car. Y'all always wanna beat You Know Who right...you notice how they are nauseatingly good at this? Stick together. Support Carolina. We outnumber them; it should be easy if we could just back Carolina and not devolve into all this "well, I'm not gonna pay/show up until xyz happens."

We need to get better at sticking together as a fanbase. Give money, show up to the events, wear the gear, put the stuff on your car. Y'all always wanna beat You Know Who right...you notice how they are nauseatingly good at this? Stick together. Support Carolina. We outnumber them; it should be easy if we could just back Carolina and not devolve into all this "well, I'm not gonna pay/show up until xyz happens."
Yeah, because all of that has worked so well in the past.

Reactions: jonesz21
You want to know what Clemson fans do WAY better than we do? They incite change when it is needed (and occasionally when it isn’t.) Still...when they wanted Hatfield gone, they quit giving and stayed away...except to protest and make themselves heard. When they wanted West gone, same thing.
They know that as long as the money is given, tickets are sold, and butts are in seats the AD has zero motivation to replace mediocre coach, and the school has zero motivation to replace mediocre ADs.

Now, I’m not advocating staying away from any USC sports. Football is moving in the right direction, Imlike Frank (he must find a better way to evaluate and recruit, but I think he will be a success) and we JUST had a change in baseball.

It’s a shame that leading up to 2014 donations dropped off, attendance dropped off, people quit wearing Carolina gear and we never recovered.......which resulted in poor football.

Oh wait, that wasn’t the issue......

You want to know what Clemson fans do WAY better than we do? They incite change when it is needed (and occasionally when it isn’t.) Still...when they wanted Hatfield gone, they quit giving and stayed away...except to protest and make themselves heard. When they wanted West gone, same thing.
They know that as long as the money is given, tickets are sold, and butts are in seats the AD has zero motivation to replace mediocre coach, and the school has zero motivation to replace mediocre ADs.

Now, I’m not advocating staying away from any USC sports. Football is moving in the right direction, Imlike Frank (he must find a better way to evaluate and recruit, but I think he will be a success) and we JUST had a change in baseball.
The AD in taterville is just a body in a suit. He has no power whatsoever. The decisions he makes are first ok'ed by the guys behind the curtain up there, and yeah they do exist. Tanner actually has pull here and freedom to do his job, he's not doing his job based on how someone tells
him to do it. Even the president at Clemson has no say when it comes to anything athletic related, he's pretty much told to sit down and shut up and run the academic side.

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
The AD in taterville is just a body in a suit. He has no power whatsoever. The decisions he makes are first ok'ed by the guys behind the curtain up there, and yeah they do exist. Tanner actually has pull here and freedom to do his job, he's not doing his job based on how someone tells
him to do it. Even the president at Clemson has no say when it comes to anything athletic related, he's pretty much told to sit down and shut up and run the academic side.

Can we get the guy behind the curtain to change his allegiance? I’ll have what you are drinking.

I will admit that it is becoming unbearable this cycle we are in with that upstate clan, but we just hire a new coach in baseball, football is trending up (need to keep closing the gap - I don’t even mention SEC/ACC doesn’t matter) and Frank needs to tighten up in basketball. Still, got to trust the process. Ray needs to be in Kingston ear even to the point of telling him what to do next. Give him the NC trophies to take on recruiting trips.

I never thought about "taters demanded Hatfield gone" and he was gone w/i a year. The man won 9-11 games each year, but fans got rid of him. But I am not in favor of boycotting our teams. Demand some changes (when needed), I would be in favor of. The last thing we need to do is hurt our student-athletes and not support them. More pressure on Administration, yes.
How do you think any demands will be listened to, if not by boycotting? When fans complain, but keep donating their money and keep buying tickets 2nd going to games, what reason would Ray or the BOT have to make changes?

That seems to be working.

When people like Joe Rice pull a donation the AD/BOT listen. When you go on Gamecock Central and threaten to drop your half scholarship it doesn't do as much as you think it does

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT