ADVERTISEMENT

I keep hearing Kevin Sullivan because he and the UF Ath. Dir.

permacock70

Aug 31, 2000
don't get along. Frankly, Sullivan has under achieved over the years with superior talent, at least in my opinion.

don't get along. Frankly, Sullivan has under achieved over the years with superior talent, at least in my opinion.
WOW! underachieve is such a harsh exaggeration...How many supremely talented teams did Ray Tanner field before he finally broke thru...Getting great talent is part of the job..

Reactions: 38gamecock
UF talent isn't any better than anybody else. In Omaha
Sssshhhhhh...Don't say this. Our "baseball expert" will come in to tell you that Sully is a bum for not winning multiple titles and that he is evil incarnate, since he worked for Clemson for 8 years.

Reactions: bchav307
Yep, if Chad didn't have to deal with unrealistic, greedy fans he could have missed the tournament every year, had no stress and continued to collect a nice check. Chad should coach at Wingate. That way if he wins or loses, nobody really cares.
speaking more to the comment that O'Sullivan is an underachiever with 6/8 trips to Omaha. That is quite different than what Holbrook produced.

Reactions: sclawman77
It took Ray Tanner 14 yrs as a head coach just to make it to Omaha. 23 years as a head coach to win it all. Just to put it in perspective. O'Sullivan could be the next Mike Martin but I'd take 6 trips to Omaha out of 8 over what we had with Holbrook. Not to mention McDonnell and schlosnagle still haven't won one either

Reactions: conwayscock
WOW! underachieve is such a harsh exaggeration...How many supremely talented teams did Ray Tanner field before he finally broke thru...Getting great talent is part of the job..
2002 with the Killer B's....and ULALA took us out.

1. ddw1263 likes this.

2. IrmoRedActive Member
    New

2000...We lost to Texas in the Championship game in 2002.

I don't know Kevin Sullivan had a successful career as the taskmaster in WCW. If you can get past all that devil worship stuff Sullivan did in Florida Championship Wrestling I think he had a good career

Reactions: IrmoRed
UF has made the CWS 6 out of 8 years. That is not underachieving. Think what he could do with our facilities and fan support. Underachieving is missing the tournament 2 out of 3 years.
Sssshhhhhh...Don't say this. Our "baseball expert" will come in to tell you that Sully is a bum for not winning multiple titles and that he is evil incarnate, since he worked for Clemson for 8 years.

This! Sully is a great coach. I hate ClemSux as much as any true SC fan, but Sully is NOT a ClemSux alum...he left for a head coaching job in the best conference ...SEC. He has ties input great state and would be a home run for our next coach! But...I'll be surprised if the board approves what it will cost to buy him out. My 2nd choice would be Wake Forest head coach

We all know Kevin Sullivan has underachieved...

But, I'll take Kevin O'Sullivan over Kevin Sullivan any day...

b348afd477b95923e7a311296593662b4399860d_hq.jpg

It is astounding how often you're wrong.

Reactions: IrmoRed
Kevin Sullivan is looking likely to face off with Oregon State in the championship series

I agree that Kevin would be a great hire for us but his coaching was not very impressive last night. Played a player with an injured throwing arm, bunted with a runner on second and one out that I disagreed with and left the starter in too long imo. but he won and I haven't won a single college game as a coach so maybe he knows more than me. LOL

Reactions: coolcock2001
I don't know how much he really knows about the situation, but I had a gentleman tell me the other day that O'Sullivan and his wife are separated. She is from SC and is planning to move back here with their child. So an added reason for him to come here is that he can have regular visitation with his child. Anyone else heard this? Could be BS for all I know.

I don't know how much he really knows about the situation, but I had a gentleman tell me the other day that O'Sullivan and his wife are separated. She is from SC and is planning to move back here with their child. So an added reason for him to come here is that he can have regular visitation with his child. Anyone else heard this? Could be BS for all I know.
They are already divorced.

I don't know Kevin Sullivan had a successful career as the taskmaster in WCW. If you can get past all that devil worship stuff Sullivan did in Florida Championship Wrestling I think he had a good career

Might have had a successful career in wrestling but has obviously underachieved in baseball. His record is 0-0.

Kevin_Sullivan_and_Steve_Williams_zpsdlky0qrm.jpg

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT