ADVERTISEMENT

I love the OBC but....its time for him to step aside

CAPTCOCK61

Aug 14, 2004
I dont say that lightly because ive been a big supporter of him and hes been our greatest coach in our history. They need to make his statue and he needs to go enjoy his later years on the course or wherever.
My reasons are as follows.

Hes lost the fire and hunger as evidence by his more low key self on the sideline and his reactions after each loss. Hes reached almost all the goals he came to reach here other than an sec title.
He has less than 5 years left and with the personell hessurrounded himself with has doomed his final years. Sos use to have a fine staff but as each one was hired away he replaced them with walmart type staff that no team in d1 or d2 would hire. The results are bad coaching and bad recruiting and worse poor talent evaluations. They tried to go juco to make up for lax recruiting but thats what losing teams do. If sos fired his whole staff and got top teir coaches in starting after this season it would still take 3 years to right the ship we sail on now. He doesnt have that many years left and wouldnt do it anyway. Take a look at our recruiting for next year and the product they put on the field this year. Sos tenure has bottomed and it will stay this way unfortunately.
Meanwhile the taters are doing what it takes to be top tier. Sos took his foot off the gas and decided to coast in to retirement in a few years. That hurts our football program. I hope he retires soon so we can start a new cause the next 2 or 3 years look bleak. Tanner needs to hire a hungry young coach who is a proven recruiter and put up the cas for top tier assistants. I speak the truth and cant believe how far we have sunk in the last 2 years. It is time for a change.

Whatever happens he's got no one to blame but himself. He led the whole staff to believe that mediocre recruiting could be balanced with good coaching. It can't. At UF he could put it on auto-pilot but here you have to keep pushing and pushing to stay on top. Thanks to his efforts we saw more wins than ever before and thanks to his efforts we are now dead last in a mediocre SEC East.

I will always be thankful for Spurrier. He has proven it is possible to win big here. Tanner and the university needs to open up the purse strings and offer some serious cash to bring the best aboard. Need a proven winner, proven recruiter with head coaching experience.

Reactions: NC_cock_fan
He does NOT need a statue of himself here, he has that at UF. Really, I can't imagine any mentally normal coach allowing an 85 foot banner of himself rolled down the side of the stadium. That might be a clue to the man's outsized ego. Yes, he did lead us to 5 straight over Clemson, three 11-2 records, and 1, count 'em, 1, SEC East titles, before we got slaughtered in Atlanta. He's also brought us to the present free fall at warp speed these past two seasons, leaving us arguably worse than when he came. He didn't succeed at the job he came to do, win an SEC title, not in 11 years. No sympathy from me.

Last edited:
He does NOT need a statue of himself here, he has that at UF. Really, I can't imagine any mentally normal coach allowing an 85 foot banner of himself rolled down the side of the stadium. That might be a clue to the man's outsized ego. Yes, he did lead us to 5 straight over Clemson, three 11-3 records, and 1, count 'em, 1, SEC East titles, before we got slaughtered in Atlanta. He's also brought us to the present free fall at warp speed these past two seasons, leaving us arguably worse than when he came. He didn't succeed at the job he came to do, win an SEC title, not in 11 years. No sympathy from me.

Sunshine puppets aren't going to like this one- haha

Charlie Strong

Right. Hire a coach who is an absolute disaster at a place where a blind man should be able to win. Today's Texas loss was the nail in the coffin for Strong. No team in the power 5 has or should have him on auto dial.

Just FYI, it was 11-2,11-2,11-2. Not 11-3 at any point. With a national ranking at the the end of the season of 7, 8, and 4.

Whatever happens he's got no one to blame but himself. He led the whole staff to believe that mediocre recruiting could be balanced with good coaching. It can't. At UF he could put it on auto-pilot but here you have to keep pushing and pushing to stay on top. Thanks to his efforts we saw more wins than ever before and thanks to his efforts we are now dead last in a mediocre SEC East.

Good coaching my aZz. Poor coaching and sissy practices have turned us into a joke. It will take 5 yrs to straiten this mess

fc35cc7658181c5d84468d506afeb2f5

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT