ADVERTISEMENT

I made a couple clips of Josh Kendall's remarks on Finebaum's Show about the Gamecocks

Aug 2, 2008
In the first clip, he giggles while he describes our fanbase following the Georgia loss as "Gloomy".

In the second clip, he says the Gamecocks do not have, "the players to compete in the SEC East."

I took the time make these because I consider Josh Kendall, a Georgia journalism graduate, is the enemy to Spurrier and the South Carolina program. These remarks on Finebaum's nationally syndicated show support my hypothesis.

It is my fervent hope that the Gamecocks players will listen to Josh Kendall and use his unfounded and inaccurate statements as motivation to finish out this season with a significant number of wins.

In the second clip, he says the Gamecocks do not have, "the players to compete in the SEC East."

So far, he's correct. 0-2 in the SEC East - but we did "compete" with KY in the 2nd half.

There isn't one thing that I can honestly say I like about Kendall; however, there also isn't one thing I can say he is wrong about in these clips. "Enemy" or not, he's right.

Reactions: scirish77
In the first clip, he giggles while he describes our fanbase following the Georgia loss as "Gloomy".

I took the time make these because I consider Josh Kendall, a Georgia journalism graduate, is the enemy to Spurrier and the South Carolina program. These remarks on Finebaum's nationally syndicated show support my hypothesis.

It is my fervent hope that the Gamecocks players will listen to Josh Kendall and use his unfounded and inaccurate statements as motivation to finish out this season with a significant number of wins.

he giggles while he describes our fanbase following the Georgia loss as "Gloomy".........I was about as gloomy as one could be following our loss. It was an extremely humbling experience to watch that game. I only watched it to the end to see what Nunez would do, and what changes the coaches would make. Game was over 3 minutes into the second half.

he says the Gamecocks do not have, "the players to compete in the SEC East.".........to say that we do would be to say that our players are better than Georgia right now. It was proven 5 days ago who has the better players. What else is there to argue?

Reactions: DirtyCock99

So far, he's correct. 0-2 in the SEC East - but we did "compete" with KY in the 2nd half.

Kentucky tried to grind the clock and played right into our hands. Granted, have to give it to our guys for not giving up, but it wasn't much of an ingenious game plan on Kentucky's part. They stopped passing the ball except for third down, when we were game planning for that. Still...yes....we hung in there when the players could have just given up.

he giggles while he describes our fanbase following the Georgia loss as "Gloomy".........I was about as gloomy as one could be following our loss. It was an extremely humbling experience to watch that game. I only watched it to the end to see what Nunez would do, and what changes the coaches would make. Game was over 3 minutes into the second half.

he says the Gamecocks do not have, "the players to compete in the SEC East.".........to say that we do would be to say that our players are better than Georgia right now. It was proven 5 days ago who has the better players. What else is there to argue?
if we played georgia 10 times, we would win like 0

Going off of memory, but i believe we are 1-6 in our last 7 SEC games. Doesn't take a journalism degree to figure out that we are not competitive in the SEC.

Reactions: JBM123
Dislike him all we want, ( and I do, seems smug) we have not proven him wrong.

You know how to get rid of your enemies? Win. It's really that simple. Just win and they can't say anything about you. The word for today is "win". W-I-N.

He giggled because the word 'gloomy' was an understatement....he was right about us not being able to compete in the SEC period...much less the East. I still think he is a lazy sports writer who doesn't put in a lot of effort to do informative stories. He is more of a shoot from the hip or read it somewhere and pass it on sort of guy.

Kendall is a piece of trash. No other SEC team has to endure a rival as their primary beat writer. It is ridiculous.

Every question he asks is trolling. Did you hear what he asked Nunez? He tried to bait him into running down Perry Orth or Spurrier. He is a piece of trash. Every question is confrontational.

You could tell it caused him physical pain when we would be Georgia. He covered UGA before he came here and he went to Georgia.

Again no other team has to endure the shit we do from a paper that is probably 500 yards away from the stadium itself. Its nuts.

Reactions: SCcocks4ever
He is right on both Even though I still can't stand him. Its sad to see all the talent georgia is about to bring in once again this recruiting class while we are sitting waiting for another 2 or 3 star to commit. Not sure this is how I pictured our class/program after those 3-4 good years.

We were 3-3 in the SEC East last season. We have a very reasonable chance to be 3-3 once again, or maybe better. The UK loss at home was bad. We should have won that game. But UGA is going to beat a lot of our SEC East rivals this year.

It is too early for Josh Kendall to make a pronouncement that Carolina does not have the players to compete. We have had good recruiting classes, top 25 in any case for the past few seasons. Like last season, we have the players to win 3-4 SEC East games this season. I have not been that impressed with either UT or Mizzou, and Florida just edged UK so we should be able to play with them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT