ADVERTISEMENT

I meant to ask this yesterday...

JKC4USC

Gold Member
Sep 24, 2007
I was listening to a sports show here in Flo Town yesterday morning, and the were talking about the ladies USC vs UNCheat matchup. They were going over reasons the two teams don't really like each other, and they mentioned that "USC had turned in UNCheat for recruiting violations." When did this happen? Somehow I missed that story.

I don't have an answer...but I am wondering if they aren't talking about the 'dark ages' when we were in the ACC.

Originally posted by nikolas22:
I don't have an answer...but I am wondering if they aren't talking about the 'dark ages' when we were in the ACC.
I don't know this to be true, but if they (UNC) were cheating, and Paul Dietzel knew anything about it, then they got turned in.

It goes back farther thank that, that is for sure. You can say it goes back to the Frank McGuire era. Heck, you could say it goes back to when the two colonies split.

Originally posted by ReadR00ster:
It goes back farther thank that, that is for sure. You can say it goes back to the Frank McGuire era. Heck, you could say it goes back to when the two colonies split.
LOL! When Sherman's troops were poised on the NC border on their 'Arsonists' Tour' of GA-SC. Sherman gave a direct order to his troops, 'We are about to enter the state of North Carolina. Do NOT burn, pillage, or otherwise commit any mischief on these people. It will serve to foment the discontent between them and South Carolina'.

. . . and so it was. NC was unscathed during Sherman's March through the Tar Heel state. His troops knew that to disobey a direct order from the ole redhead meant a quick meeting with a firing squad. This, despite the presence of thousands of Tar Heel women who lined the roads to spit on the Union soldiers as they passed by. Btw, NC supplied more troops to the Confederacy than any other state, so there was no special love that existed between Sherman and Tar Heelia.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT