ADVERTISEMENT

I realize it is Lamont Paris' first year, but..

Really not sure what anybody was expecting. I won’t really judge him until year three. Other than GG, who basically signed with USC because he figured he would be the whole show in his audition for the NBA, this team has nothing. The roster, which wasn’t a threat to win anything to begin with, was gutted with Frank’s dismissal. You have a transfer from the Citadel, think about that a minute. The Citadel. And he has become an important cog that people fret over being out of the lineup. You cannot compete in a major conference with that type of talent. This team probably would be a mid pack team in the SoCon. It is what it is. Got to give this guy time to bring in at least some competent talent as right now as this years squad could be the best coached team in the world and the results would always be the same. Remember, on 98% of nights it is truly about talent. And currently USC cannot compete on that front.

Last edited:
This team has shown no improvement. They aren't even competitive.

Well, I think this was easily predictable. We sort of blew up what we had and started over. I'm not saying that was right or wrong, but that's what we did.

A not very talented team is in the middle of the SEC Conference grind. Such a team is not likely to show improvement in such a situation.

This team is playing as individuals.
They seem to be saying look at me!
Now is the time to bench one night stars
Go with the future.
No player deserves playing time just to keep them happy.
This last game with Florida,
Midway through the second half there was one sunstitute who made so many turnovers that he should have been immediately taken outv of the game. But it did not happen. This is not good coaching

Really not sure what anybody was expecting. I won’t really judge him until year three. Other than GG, who basically signed with USC because he figured he would be the whole show in his audition for the NBA, this team has nothing. The roster, which wasn’t a threat to win anything to begin with, was gutted with Frank’s dismissal. You have a transfer from the Citadel, think about that a minute. The Citadel. And he has become an important cog that people fret over being out of the lineup. You cannot compete in a major conference with that type of talent. This team probably would be a mid pack team in the SoCon. It is what it is. Got to give this guy time to bring in at least some competent talent as right now as this years squad could be the best coached team in the world and the results would always be the same. Remember, on 98% of nights it is truly about talent. And currently USC cannot compete on that front.
I don’t debate any of what your saying but I think it’s fair to say despite the lack of talent if this program wants to keep what little interest it has at the very least it can show some improvement in some areas. I’ve watched just about every game. It’s pretty painful to watch us get thumped by George Washington. They don’t have more talent than us. We barely survived a horrible Georgetown team. We’ve played bad even when there was little to no talent gap. Upstate almost beat us.

This team somehow beat Kentucky and Clemson. We might put it all together on one night and beat another good team. But more nights than not we’re going to take a pounding for all the reasons you mentioned. However getting beat by 40 pretty regularly isn’t going to cut it either for the few people still watching.

C'mon Dude. The man was given an empty pistol to bring to a knife fight.

Gotta ask .... And YOU wanted F-King Fat Frank for what, another ten next years???
Gotta ask .... How's WBB in Onionville??? Won ANY lately???
Gotta ask .... Do you realize that MORE Peaches are grown in Spartanburg & Cherokee Counties, SC than the rest of the world combined??? ... including THe PEACH STATE of Jawja???
Gotta ask .... Does Savannah still smell like a full, open toilet???
Gotta ask .... Do Y'all still drink & serve that sulphur water that smells like (expletive deleted)???
Gotta ask .... Does Lester Maddox still ride his bicycle backwards or is that just how the rest of your government operates???
Gotta ask .... Are you a SC fan because you couldn't get in Jawja???
Gotta ask .... Does it piss you off when the rest of the world laughs at JAWJA???
Gotta ask .... Is my skin thicker than yours??? PLEASE RESPOND.
Wait a minute. You saying Johnston and Edgefield Counties aren’t putting out enough peaches? They got a lot.

Every talk show host in town said a new basketball coach would be like blowing up the program we did have (good or bad) and starting over.

This should surprise NO surprise to basketball fans.

Anyone not giving coach 3 years to see how he can do isn't a fair broker.

Reactions: cockofdawn
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT