ADVERTISEMENT

I rooted for MissSt yesterday

lawcalcock

Apr 8, 2016
Now i resent it... After watching them choke away a 15 point lead with 5 minutes to go in the 3rd..Then blow a 5 point lead with 1 minute 43 seconds to go made me wanna puke...Vic Schaefer is a better HBC than that... Just awful... I know Ogunbowale hit a great shot...But it should never have come to that

Now i resent it... After watching them choke away a 15 point lead with 5 minutes to go in the 3rd..Then blow a 5 point lead with 1 minute 43 seconds to go made me wanna puke...Vic Schaefer is a better HBC than that... Just awful... I know Ogunbowale hit a great shot...But it should never have come to that
I know how you feel.

I feel bad for their fans, though. Many are calling it the worst loss in school history. That was their golden opportunity to win a national championship. They were a senior-laden team who made it to the final without having to face UCONN or USC, the perennial thorn in their side.

I feel bad for their fans, though. Many are calling it the worst loss in school history. That was their golden opportunity to win a national championship. They were a senior-laden team who made it to the final without having to face UCONN or USC, the perennial thorn in their side.

You've got to feel awful for Schafer and his team. They have been dominant over the last two seasons, but have no championships to show for it (SEC or Natty). That was a tough one to take.

Vic did not turn the ball over or miss a two foot bank shot. Refs also blew one very obvious foul call.

You've got to feel awful for Schafer and his team. They have been dominant over the last two seasons, but have no championships to show for it (SEC or Natty). That was a tough one to take.

They won the SEC this year, just not the SEC tourney.

Reactions: king ward
In my opinion Vic got out coached in the two Championship games. With 5 minutes to go in the game Itty Bitty is sitting on the bench in each Championship game.

In my opinion Vic got out coached in the two Championship games. With 5 minutes to go in the game Itty Bitty is sitting on the bench in each Championship game.

Not his best moments, but I seriously doubt that get to another Championship game without him. Schaefer is an A&M alum and spent a decade there as an assistant. State fans are concerned he'll leave, if Gary Blair retires (Blair is 72).

Didn't really pull for either team. Actually, I only watched the last 5 minutes as I don't really care for basketball unless the Gamecocks are playing.

It was a heck of a finish.

That is correct BCM shut her down, but with the game on the line, I want her in there. Her ability to create opens up opportunities for Vivians and Shafer.

Yes they did and IMO should have used it. Saw an interview where Vivians said fouling was not discussed in the time out right before.

Guess the only downside to fouling would have been if the ND player could have somehow immediately gotten into the act of shooting. Then ND could have won the game from the foul line instead of with the contested 3.

Yes they did... I did not blast Coach Schaefer for that.. You pull that fast one on ND or UConn, they are likely shooting 3 free throws.... The refs coddle certain programs when the going gets tough
Didn’t MSU have a foul to give with the last play of the game?

Reactions: 76gintcock
Guess the only downside to fouling would have been if the ND player could have somehow immediately gotten into the act of shooting. Then ND could have won the game from the foul line instead of with the contested 3.
Should have never gotten to that point with a 5 point lead, not to mention the earlier 15 point lead, with under 2 minutes to play. I did feel bad for the Miss St players.

Reactions: lawcalcock
Should have never gotten to that point with a 5 point lead, not to mention the earlier 15 point lead, with under 2 minutes to play. I did feel bad for the Miss St players.

During the last 5 minutes of the 3rd, they give up 16-1 run... That can't happen in a championship game... They gotta be tougher than that... After punking out in the 3rd, I think the pressure ate em up

Plus it was a tie game. The only players around Ogunbowale were Vivians with 3 fouls and Schaefer with 4. McCowan had already fouled out. Mississippi State would have been up against it in OT with that kind of foul trouble. I think if MSU were ahead, Schaefer may have played it differently. Perhaps the most valid criticism is that MSU should have trapped Ogunbowale and gotten the ball out of her hand and made someone else beat them.

During the last 5 minutes of the 3rd, they give up 16-1 run... That can't happen in a championship game... They gotta be tougher than that... After punking out in the 3rd, I think the pressure ate em up
Not enough iron in the belly. This was their moment to shine and they could not grasp it. I hate ND in everything, but they are as gritty as hell. No team ever did more with fewer able-bodied people. I just hope we can hold on to the better players we have and add a couple of difference makers. Do you have a strong feeling that the big girl form A&M could transfer here?

Plus it was a tie game. The only players around Ogunbowale were Vivians with 3 fouls and Schaefer with 4. McCowan had already fouled out. Mississippi State would have been up against it in OT with that kind of foul trouble. I think if MSU were ahead, Schaefer may have played it differently. Perhaps the most valid criticism is that MSU should have trapped Ogunbowale and gotten the ball out of her hand and made someone else beat them.

Agree 100%... Also a foul is too risky in a tie game... When I saw Ogunbowale throw that thing up I said OT then quickly afterwards oh shit... It was a 1-10 kinda shot... But the young lady has the clutch gene

Not enough iron in the belly. This was their moment to shine and they could not grasp it. I hate ND in everything, but they are as gritty as hell. No team ever did more with fewer able-bodied people. I just hope we can hold on to the better players we have and add a couple of difference makers. Do you have a strong feeling that the big girl form A&M could transfer here?
No it's early... She is originally from Georgia and follows our staff on twitter.. We will be considered... But its too early... She doesn't graduate until August.. So she can't work with the team over the summer.. But with that kind of talent, Dawn would still accept her

I hated that the refs felt it necessary to put .1 back on the clock and call the MSU players back out to the court.
If there was ever a time to bend the rules, that was it.
Talk about adding insult to injury. Guess the refs were letting everybody know who was in charge.

what!! u pulled against the bead stringers? ..... but not 2 worry......the prince of darkness will have a special place 4u

They made a big mistake getting the ball inside to McGowan. Two-thirds of her inside shots were missed -- she was 7 of 19. In most cases, when she touched the bball the end result was a turnover. In trying to get the ball inside, Vivians and Johnson passed up some great shots.

Reactions: lawcalcock
They made a big mistake getting the ball inside to McGowan. Two-thirds of her inside shots were missed -- she was 7 of 19. In most cases, when she touched the bball the end result was a turnover. In trying to get the ball inside, Vivians and Johnson passed up some great shots.
Well that is a bit surprising cause it seemed to me that the announcers thought she was the best thing since sliced bread.

Well that is a bit surprising cause it seemed to me that the announcers thought she was the best thing since sliced bread.
Announcers were full of crap... In crunch time you put the ball in the hands of your best player...That's Vivian's no doubts about it

Reactions: GarnetGhost
I'm sorry, heard too much nastiness from MS fans to have pulled for them. Also, their attempts to say they had the best attendance this year were cheap,completely incorrect, and direct shots at us. In addition, all year MS fans have said we really didn't win the NC because they beat UConn. Plus, MS players showed some real disrespect to A'ja by making faces while she was receiving an award. Just disgusted & tired of MS. ND played through some real adversity to win.

I'm sorry, heard too much nastiness from MS fans to have pulled for them. Also, their attempts to say they had the best attendance this year were cheap,completely incorrect, and direct shots at us. In addition, all year MS fans have said we really didn't win the NC because they beat UConn. Plus, MS players showed some real disrespect to A'ja by making faces while she was receiving an award. Just disgusted & tired of MS. ND played through some real adversity to win.

Your points are well taken and irrefutable... But i just can't root for Notre Dame in any sport unless they are playing Clemons

I wanted Miss St to bring the ring back to the SEC for a 2nd time but they blew their lead. Congrats to ND - they've come up short so many times

ADVERTISEMENT