ADVERTISEMENT

I saw a great College Football 150th anniversary documentary today on ABC.

Freddie.B.Cocky

Jul 19, 2002
It covered the greatest games of the century, both last century and this century. The funny thing is or bad thing depending on the way one chooses to look at it, is I saw most of those games on TV. Like the '71 game between Nebraska and Oklahoma. That was a great game and the so called Catholics vs Convicts game; the Penn State vs Miami game for the National Championship game. Gosh, I'm getting old. LOL!

The documentary also featured the 1946 game between Army and Notre Dame which ended in a 0-0 tie. There were four Heisman Trophy winners (either had won the Heisman or were future winners) in that game. Now, I was on the planet earth at that time but I didn't see that particular game. LOL! I was like one year old. In fact, I'm not even sure there would have been any TV sets in Greenville at that time.

Last edited:
I would love to see all of those College Football 150th documentaries. Maybe I can find them on You Tube.

It covered the greatest games of the century, both last century and this century. The funny thing is or bad thing depending on the way one chooses to look at it, is I saw most of those games on TV. Like the '71 game between Nebraska and Oklahoma. That was a great game and the so called Catholics vs Convicts game; the Penn State vs Miami game for the National Championship game. Gosh, I'm getting old. LOL!

The documentary also featured the 1946 game between Army and Notre Dame which ended in a 0-0 tie. There were four Heisman Trophy winners (either had won the Heisman or were future winners) in that game. Now, I was on the planet earth at that time but I didn't see that particular game. LOL! I was like one year old. In fact, I'm not even sure there would have been any TV sets in Greenville at that time.

WHAT! NO COMMENTS?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT