ADVERTISEMENT

I saw lots of tickets for sale Saturday,

Curious too...I was not there for the first time in a long time. I sold mine TO GAMECOCKS for a reasonable return. It appeared on TV there were open south endzone seats. Seems there always are these days.

Too many Clemson fans. Sad day for Gamecock football. We used to be known for our fan loyalty. Not yesterday! Now, like the rest of this country, our fans seem to feel entitled...not willing to support our team through adversity. I am embarrassed for all Gamecock fans that chose to stay home. Most of your tickets ended up in the hands of Clemson fans. You missed a great game. The student section was incredible!

we got $50/ticket for a pair in upper east. Sold them at our tailgate in fairground. I first was thinking price was $10 or so to low. But once I got to the stadium was glad we got $50.

The faculty/administration section of the stadium was almost 50% Clemson! Shame on you! Looking across the stadium and seeing all the orange in your sections makes me think how disheartened the players must have felt. Several people around us made the same observations.

What was the going rate?

I get 16 season ticket thru my 2 SS memberships. I only used 7 of my 8 seats in section 4 and none of the 8 in the upper deck. Started to give 2 to a young man(late 30ish) and his son(TEENish)...both wearing "new looking" USC tees and then noticed the tatar paw belt buckle and decided now way! Called them out. Decided to eat the $720(9x80) rather take a chance on giving to tatar tots in disguise.

FYI...the game never sold out as the ticket office held onto 1500-2000 seats rather than opening up sells to the general public and the tots buying them up. I bought 10 last Monday just to donate to the troups...the above 9 were back-outs on game day.

another FYI...sec4, rows38-43, seats25-33, there were aprox 20 tatar tots, all decked out in calf shit urnge, sitting in those seats.

SEMPER FI...Go Cocks!!!...

Too many Clemson fans. Sad day for Gamecock football. We used to be known for our fan loyalty. Not yesterday! Now, like the rest of this country, our fans seem to feel entitled...not willing to support our team through adversity. I am embarrassed for all Gamecock fans that chose to stay home. Most of your tickets ended up in the hands of Clemson fans. You missed a great game. The student section was incredible!
Thank your lord and savior, SOS. Some posters never learn. No coach is above the program. Nobody!

We have a pretty darn loyal fan base. This team got plenty of support through adversity. I'm not going to claim we're the most loyal fans in football or better than other fans, but we have a good, SEC caliber fan base.

I was there yesterday cheering like crazy, but I can't blame someone for not wanting to see that game, especially given how bad a blowout it was supposed to be. Had we not lost to friggin Citadel, we might of had even more fans show up. From my perspective, it felt like a true home game from beginning to end despite the large number of taters. Also, our fan base feels entitled to not lose to Citadel and win more than 3 games a year. Pretty modest request considering how much the YES program costs.

+1

I'm not going to miss a single game unless it is unavoidable and if that were the case I would burn the tickets before an opponents fan would sit in my seats. Wish more fans felt this way.

The faculty/administration section of the stadium was almost 50% Clemson! Shame on you! Looking across the stadium and seeing all the orange in your sections makes me think how disheartened the players must have felt. Several people around us made the same observations.
I bet the faculty/administration get FREE tickets...they should not be allowed to sell them! If not using...they should have to give them back!

Noticed this too. Completely unacceptable. The University has complete control over these tickets. There is no excuse for this to happen and I would hope that the administration would be embarrassed as well. Students are required to show ID. Faculity/Adminstration should be required to as well.

I was able to sell 2 of my tickets in Sectin 304 at face value $ 80 to USC fans. The orange shirts made the stands look more Clemson than they were. From my Row 1 upper deck seat, I check the three rows around me and their were only 2 on my row, 4 on the second row and 3 on the third row out of 26 seats/row. Looking down on the lower deck, I counted the orange in 8 or 9 rows and the number of orange shirts varied from 2 to 8 (had 4 in one group). You must remember that some Columbia businesses have Clemson owners or top executives. Families also have Clemson members - the reason I had two extra tickets was because my son-in-law (Clemson graduate) and daugher (USC) were not able to come at the last minute..Yes, Clemson had their 10,000 - 12000 seats in the East lower area and the top rows (including all of one end section) of the East Upper completely sold. Yes about 15 % - 20 % of the Gamecock Club tickets were used by Clemson fans.
I sat for many years with my brother at Clemson and he sat with me in Columbia until my children married and needed all of my 12 seats.

Last edited:
I get 16 season ticket thru my 2 SS memberships. I only used 7 of my 8 seats in section 4 and none of the 8 in the upper deck. Started to give 2 to a young man(late 30ish) and his son(TEENish)...both wearing "new looking" USC tees and then noticed the tatar paw belt buckle and decided now way! Called them out. Decided to eat the $720(9x80) rather take a chance on giving to tatar tots in disguise.

FYI...the game never sold out as the ticket office held onto 1500-2000 seats rather than opening up sells to the general public and the tots buying them up. I bought 10 last Monday just to donate to the troups...the above 9 were back-outs on game day.

another FYI...sec4, rows38-43, seats25-33, there were aprox 20 tatar tots, all decked out in calf shit urnge, sitting in those seats.

THANKS FOR YOUR GREAT FINANCIAL SUPPORT OF OUR GAMECOCKS!!

When we were beating Clemson and winning all the time the stands were still filled with taters. Maybe not as bad as yesterday but there were still rows of them in club seats and Zone seats and places you'd never expect them.

Think they announced around 81K for attendance.. I made it to the stadium approx 15 minutes before kick off and saw a ton of people selling tickets. Not sure what prices they were asking, but anytime you have that many people selling them that close to the kick off, they are not getting face value.. Unless they are prime seats..

It was a given, from our record and a holiday weekend, that there would be thousands of available tickets for this game. Anyone that wanted a ticket on Saturday could have gotten one.. IF the ticket office did hold back 2K tickets then all they did was help the scalpers keep the price up a little higher..

People tailgating next to us bought 4 for $200 and it included a parking pass.

It has nothing to do with Spurrier and everything to do with USC. Get your priorities straight and lose the hate!
It has EVERYTHING to do with SOS. Can't fix a problem until you define it. We can never hire a guy who believes he's bigger than the program. We can never again be held hostage.

It has EVERYTHING to do with SOS. Can't fix a problem until you define it. We can never hire a guy who believes he's bigger than the program. We can never again be held hostage.

So you didn't go to the game because Spurrier used to be our coach?SMDH!!!

sffok1.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT