ADVERTISEMENT

I say keep Maybin, he has been a pleasant surprise, but if the Braves were to trade him what would

cockn'fyr

Mar 26, 2006
be a good deal? Don't think you can get a big bopper with out giving up some prospects or cash, but they could really use a HR threat to protect Freddie. They sure could use a really good middle reliever or two, just not sure you could get any value with just one reliever for an everyday player like Maybin! Anybody got any ideas?

At first I was excited about getting some young prospects for Maybin but the more I watch him the more I think he is blossoming into the stud everyone thought he would be when he first entered the league. I hope we keep him

be a good deal? Don't think you can get a big bopper with out giving up some prospects or cash, but they could really use a HR threat to protect Freddie. They sure could use a really good middle reliever or two, just not sure you could get any value with just one reliever for an everyday player like Maybin! Anybody got any ideas?
Keep Maybin and trade Freddie Gonzales if anybody will take him.

Reactions: anmjwf
I think the Braves need 1 more dependable starter and 1 good middle reliever. That still wouldn't be a WS team but at least they'd be able to hold onto a lead. They'd go from "eh" to "not bad."

Last edited:
img24611884.jpg

Now there's Grilli trade talk, if so they are pretty much conceding the season!

Keep Maybin they need a left field bat. They also need a catcher and 3rd base. Plus, Simmons and Peterson can't keep hitting .250.

Braves in for a long 2 months . 7 games out before the all star break.:D:D:D
Yep, getting swept 4 straight by the lowly Rox and scoring only 11 runs out there is pretty telling! No middle relief or not this offense is putrid, and this starting staff deserves better!

Yeah, that was tough to watch this weekend. I was hoping to take at least 3 of 4 from Colorado, after blowing the lead in the last game of the Milwaukee series. Freddie should never have let Wood bat with one out and the bases loaded in the sixth. I just knew Alex would give up the lead in the bottom of the inning. Happens every time. Why would you not bring in a pinch hitter in that situation? What was he saving the bullpen for, with the All-Star break coming up? I just don't get him sometimes.

Yeah, that was tough to watch this weekend. I was hoping to take at least 3 of 4 from Colorado, after blowing the lead in the last game of the Milwaukee series. Freddie should never have let Wood bat with one out and the bases loaded in the sixth. I just knew Alex would give up the lead in the bottom of the inning. Happens every time. Why would you not bring in a pinch hitter in that situation? What was he saving the bullpen for, with the All-Star break coming up? I just don't get him sometimes.
Freddie just could be worse than Holbrook.

Like Holbrook, Freddie don't go 0'fer and give up runs from the bullpen at a record pace and they've tried just about everyone they have with any experience!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT