ADVERTISEMENT

I see they took down the electronic sign outside of WB finally

robertfootball

GarnetTrust.com Member/Supporter
Gold Member
Sep 29, 2006
SC
That thing was an eyesore for years in my opinion! Good riddance. Is that where the statue of Big George is going to be?

Originally posted by pepsicock:

Originally posted by robertfootball:
That thing was an eyesore for years in my opinion! Good riddance. Is that where the statue of Big George is going to be?
I think it will be closer to the stadium for security reasons
Makes sense. They've also started the brick fence that will be going around the stadium. Looking nice so far!

just re-read you were answering the question about Big Georges Statue not the actual sign. Here is a short article about taking down the sign.

Sign at Williams Brice Torn down

Here is the pic of the sign:

signtorndown.jpg

This post was edited on 4/20 6:25 PM by OrigWhalofacock

This post was edited on 4/20 7:32 PM by OrigWhalofacock

The more you kill the past, the less meaningful the present. I'm really not comfortable where our athletic program and facility is going.
Seems to me in the future that American humans will grow 10 thumbs so they can type into their phones faster. As I typed that, the travesty of a small town in NC having to take down a memorial to our war dead. I know King (the town) and am surprised and ashamed of my birthstate as I'm disappointed of the stylists and punks who are ashamed of our stadium

Originally posted by OrigWhalofacock:

just re-read you were answering the question about Big Georges Statue not the actual sign. Here is a short article about taking down the sign.

Sign at Williams Brice Torn down

Here is the pic of the sign:

ec

This post was edited on 4/20 6:25 PM by OrigWhalofacock

This post was edited on 4/20 7:32 PM by OrigWhalofacock
Reminds me of the crane by the scoreboard years back

The more you kill the past, the less meaningful the present. I'm really not comfortable where our athletic program and facility is going.
Seems to me in the future that American humans will grow 10 thumbs so they can type into their phones faster. As I typed that, the travesty of a small town in NC having to take down a memorial to our war dead. I know King (the town) and am surprised and ashamed of my birthstate as I'm disappointed of the stylists and punks who are ashamed of our stadium

What past? That thing had only been there for about 14-15 years. It was originally at the Coliseum, but the city had a fit, saying it violated an ordinance.

It's not like it was some piece of our treasured past.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT