ADVERTISEMENT

I still love the Army/Navy game.

hahnenkampf

Aug 7, 2005
As an Air Force veteran I’ve always loved the annual game. It’s patriotic and is an exhibit to the public of the military mantra of “upon these fields of friendly strife….” Plus, whenever the game is played, I receive my annual USAA subscribers account check a day or two later. 😁😁 $$. That said, Go Air Force!!

AF has their work cut out for them with Baylor. I'll be pulling for them tho. Shame Army couldnt play in a bowl this year with 6 wins. Should have had a better schedule.

AF has their work cut out for them with Baylor. I'll be pulling for them tho. Shame Army couldnt play in a bowl this year with 6 wins. Should have had a better schedule.
The football is awful unfortunately.
Yep — long gone are the days of Army and Navy being powerhouses. Even more amazing when today’s kids hear that Army has had three Heisman Trophy winners and Navy has had two winners.

Although I served in the Army I grew up pulling for the Naval Academy as my brother went there. He played in the Drum and Bugle Corps and as a kid I remember crowding around the old Philco TV trying to get a glimpse of him at halftime. Back then they showed the bands at halftime.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT