ADVERTISEMENT

I think anything less than replacing the Head Coach is the prolong another bad season to come

I am think we just all wear brown bags to next year's games if chad is the coach. It allows us to still support the team, but protest Chad.

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
Replacing all assistant coaches just to save the head coach is pretty much assuring us a jackleg last season...

What I don't see from this staff..

The development of players... Sound fundamental coaching... Hitting has been horrible... We can't run the bases...

The little things that made a team a winner...
And I think it's a sign that we don't have the right AD.

Ray needs to admit to himself that he screwed the pooch and clean house.

Now he's going to have to pay some big money to fix it.

"Screwed the pooch"? How? When Ray retired, he made the move everyone thought he would make, and the vast majority agreed with the move. I'm sure there are some out there now, who will say they never thought Holbrook was a head coach, but they are full of it!!
Ray made a decision, it didn't pan out like we all hoped, now it's just time to do his job.
Really find it funny to hear those that say he just isn't AD material...now that's funny!!

Reactions: atl-cock
"Screwed the pooch"? How? When Ray retired, he made the move everyone thought he would make, and the vast majority agreed with the move. I'm sure there are some out there now, who will say they never thought Holbrook was a head coach, but they are full of it!!
Ray made a decision, it didn't pan out like we all hoped, now it's just time to do his job.
Really find it funny to hear those that say he just isn't AD material...now that's funny!!

Chad sucks, soooo Ray screwed the pooch.

Reactions: sadd66
Replacing all assistant coaches just to save the head coach is pretty much assuring us a jackleg last season...

What I don't see from this staff..

The development of players... Sound fundamental coaching... Hitting has been horrible... We can't run the bases...

The little things that made a team a winner...

If Tanner goes that route, it's a tremendous mistake...It will feed into the negative crap some posters are saying about him...If the crew is not ship shape, how is the Captain not to blame? FIRE HOLBROOK'S ASS..Chad Holbrook is the biggest issue...Staff changes alone wont work

Reactions: NooNoo
Chad is a micromanager and changing assistants won't do a thing. I don't know how someone can be around baseball as long as Chad has and make the idiotic decisions he does. Cullen at 1st, Destino in LF, nonstop bunting even though we are extremely poor at it, etc. make no sense. Of course he also subs Williams for Hogan to bunt. The signs were there in his first year and have been every year since. Bunting Pankake in UNC was one of the most idiotic things I've seen. He takes too many risks and is rarely rewarded. His hand isnt on the pulse.

So then I guess ALL AD's everywhere have "screwed the pooch" as a good number have probably hired a coach in some sport that hasn't worked out.

If said ADs presided over the premiere program in all the land, like Tanner did, sure. Sure.

If he doesn't fire Chad then he's not AD material, IMO.

Tanner has to prove himself and it's going to be hard to do with Chad being his buddy.

If he's smart he won't hire anyone he's had a previous relationship with that hasn't been a proven head coach somewhere.

If said ADs presided over the premiere program in all the land, like Tanner did, sure. Sure.

"premiere program in all the land," Who? Us? You do remember Tanner's last season, we were swept by Arizona. Didn't come close to beating them. I'll give you the fact we were a top 5 program, maybe. Premiere program, makes it sound like we were the ONLY college baseball program around. Sounds like some on here think that.

If he doesn't fire Chad then he's not AD material, IMO.

Tanner has to prove himself and it's going to be hard to do with Chad being his buddy.

If he's smart he won't hire anyone he's had a previous relationship with that hasn't been a proven head coach somewhere.

He IS AD material, he has already shown that. This year, through the winter sports season, we have the 14th best sports program in the country. We had ONE sport that didn't score points. That is Tanner's job!

"premiere program in all the land," Who? Us? You do remember Tanner's last season, we were swept by Arizona. Didn't come close to beating them. I'll give you the fact we were a top 5 program, maybe. Premiere program, makes it sound like we were the ONLY college baseball program around. Sounds like some on here think that.

I thought that's 3rd CWS Championship just didn't feel right against Arizona...

WOW!! Your post is way out in left field...We appeared in 3 consecutive championship series...Before the loss to Arizona we owned the longest world series winning streak in NCAA history...There is no doubt in rational minds it was the premier program in the nation...Thanks the Chad Holbrook that certainly is not the case right now

WOW!! Your post is way out in left field...We appeared in 3 consecutive championship series...Before the loss to Arizona we owned the longest world series winning streak in NCAA history...There is no doubt in rational minds it was the premier program in the nation...Thanks the Chad Holbrook that certainly is not the case right now

The key word..."BEFORE"!!!

Maybe top five? So youre going to diminish our accomplishments to build up Chad? We went to three consecutive title series and won two of them. We were top program at that time. How many teams have ever done that? Southern Cal?

Chad is a micromanager and changing assistants won't do a thing. I don't know how someone can be around baseball as long as Chad has and make the idiotic decisions he does. Cullen at 1st, Destino in LF, nonstop bunting even though we are extremely poor at it, etc. make no sense. Of course he also subs Williams for Hogan to bunt. The signs were there in his first year and have been every year since. Bunting Pankake in UNC was one of the most idiotic things I've seen. He takes too many risks and is rarely rewarded. His hand isnt on the pulse.
Williams for Hogan had me going ballistic. Glad I was home and not in public.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Well he has screwd up his first 2 coaching hires..Holbrook and the fiasco that was the head football coaching search. So please explain how he is AD material...ill.wait

So you would argue that a baseball program that played in 3 consecutive national championship series, winning 2, was not the premiere program in the land? You argue that Arizona was because they won the last game of the 2012 season, taking home the big trophy. I'd say that made them national champions, but South Carolina baseball, playing in 3 straight national championship series, was the premiere program in the NCAA. Most sensible human beings would agree with me.

He IS AD material, he has already shown that. This year, through the winter sports season, we have the 14th best sports program in the country. We had ONE sport that didn't score points. That is Tanner's job!

So if he doesn't fire Chad you think he's a good AD? Good ADs don't let a premiere baseball program burn to the ground when that's what USC is known for.

Clemson beat Bama for the national championship in football this year but is their any doubt Bama is still the premiere team. The top dog?

USC was the top dog when Holbrook took over

First off......let me AGAIN let you know, I am NOW in favor of a change. I like Holbrook, he was a MAJOR part of our championship teams. However, as a head coach, the consistency is NOT there.
Maybe top five? So youre going to diminish our accomplishments to build up Chad? We went to three consecutive title series and won two of them. We were top program at that time. How many teams have ever done that? Southern Cal?

Do you have selective reading? I feel like it's probably time for Chad to move on and not diminishing our accomplishments AT ALL! Just tired of reading how some think we were God's gift to the college baseball world, and Chad has flushed us down the toilet. We had a great program, we have the record for most consecutive wins in the NCAA tournament. I have never said otherwise. Just saying that if Tanner was still coach, we would not have continued going to the championship series every year. Doubt we would have had the dropoff we have had. Have a feeling it probably didn't matter a whole lot who we got, after the way Tanner's teams finished, the new coach wouldn't have lived up to that.

I've stated previously that Holbrook will be back next year and still believe Tanner wont fire him.....
......In saying that, I don't think this is a well coached team

So you would argue that a baseball program that played in 3 consecutive national championship series, winning 2, was not the premiere program in the land? You argue that Arizona was because they won the last game of the 2012 season, taking home the big trophy. I'd say that made them national champions, but South Carolina baseball, playing in 3 straight national championship series, was the premiere program in the NCAA. Most sensible human beings would agree with me.

What part do some of y'all not understand? To say we were the premiere program in the land means...if Tanner had stayed on, I'm guessing you think we would have participated in a 4th consecutive CWSCS. THAT is what I'm trying to get across.Parity is tooooo great in college baseball today. Just have to look at last season with Coastal winning it all.

So if he doesn't fire Chad you think he's a good AD? Good ADs don't let a premiere baseball program burn to the ground when that's what USC is known for.

Some of you have such tight blinders on, you don't read the entire message. Ray Tanner is the athletic director for the USC athletic program. that means for EVERY SPORT, not JUST baseball, not JUST football. He is responsible for ALL, plus the academic performance of our student athletes. I'm sorry if you don't like that, but that is his job description. Could he possibly make a mistake in one sport? Of course, he is human...but YES, the overall department is doing well, so he is doing well as our AD.

What part do some of y'all not understand? To say we were the premiere program in the land means...if Tanner had stayed on, I'm guessing you think we would have participated in a 4th consecutive CWSCS. THAT is what I'm trying to get across.Parity is tooooo great in college baseball today. Just have to look at last season with Coastal winning it all.

If Tanner was in the dugout in 2013, we'd have been in Omaha. That was a large collection of talent squandered by the buffoon known as Chad Holbrook.

Reactions: rogue cock
Well he has screwd up his first 2 coaching hires..Holbrook and the fiasco that was the head football coaching search. So please explain how he is AD material...ill.wait

Nothing but a difference in opinion. Most experts expected Holbrook to be named to replace Tanner, not a poor decision at the time. Not sure what you are talking about as far as a "fiasco" with the head football coach search. I think we got a pretty darn good coach myself. The verdict is still out, but he won't be out performed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT