ADVERTISEMENT

I think anything less than replacing the Head Coach is the prolong another bad season to come

Some of you have such tight blinders on, you don't read the entire message. Ray Tanner is the athletic director for the USC athletic program. that means for EVERY SPORT, not JUST baseball, not JUST football. He is responsible for ALL, plus the academic performance of our student athletes. I'm sorry if you don't like that, but that is his job description. Could he possibly make a mistake in one sport? Of course, he is human...but YES, the overall department is doing well, so he is doing well as our AD.

Where did I say he wasn't? I SAID "IF" he didn't do a certain thing.

Ray happens to be our AD who built the best freaking baseball team in the country, and it's a huge issue that he has made a bad hire. How many hires has Tanner made? 2? Muschamp and Holbrook. Batting .500 as an AD (at best) with your hires isn't doing very good.

He might end up being the best AD in school history, and if he fires Holbrook I wouldn't bet against him being the best, Im just concerned he won't do it. And as of right now the baseball team is a house of cards, not the mansion that Tanner himself built.

I've stated previously that Holbrook will be back next year and still believe Tanner wont fire him.....
......In saying that, I don't think this is a well coached team
Agreed on both points. And while I don't think this is relevant, I friggin hate that pathetic, hangdog look on his face. Get your ass out of the dugout and do some coaching.

"premiere program in all the land," Who? Us? You do remember Tanner's last season, we were swept by Arizona. Didn't come close to beating them. I'll give you the fact we were a top 5 program, maybe. Premiere program, makes it sound like we were the ONLY college baseball program around. Sounds like some on here think that.

2010 - National Champs
2011 - National Champs
2012 - Runner Up

Yeah dude, we were merely a Top 5 program.

Fire Holbrook, fire him now.
Give him the hook, holy cow.
He so bad, he makes me sad.
If he's not gone, I'll be mad.

You know, I hope the guy saves his job just so I can read all the angry fan posts on this board.

Reactions: atl-cock
2010 - National Champs
2011 - National Champs
2012 - Runner Up

Yeah dude, we were merely a Top 5 program.

Sorry, let me spell it out for you. OK, maybe I should have said a Top 2, or Top 3 program, in that time frame. Many, many on here make it sound like it was Carolina baseball, way up top, then every other program, several steps down. That has been the point I have been trying to make. With the players we lost, it would have been doubtful for even Tanner to have gotten the 2013 back to the CS, or even Omaha.

Where did I say he wasn't? I SAID "IF" he didn't do a certain thing.

Ray happens to be our AD who built the best freaking baseball team in the country, and it's a huge issue that he has made a bad hire. How many hires has Tanner made? 2? Muschamp and Holbrook. Batting .500 as an AD (at best) with your hires isn't doing very good.

He might end up being the best AD in school history, and if he fires Holbrook I wouldn't bet against him being the best, Im just concerned he won't do it. And as of right now the baseball team is a house of cards, not the mansion that Tanner himself built.

Well, you are welcomed to have your concerns, I don't. Feel pretty sure he doesn't want "his" program to fall further than it has. It is not so bad that it can't be straightened out in a year or two.

"Screwed the pooch"? How? When Ray retired, he made the move everyone thought he would make, and the vast majority agreed with the move. I'm sure there are some out there now, who will say they never thought Holbrook was a head coach, but they are full of it!!
Ray made a decision, it didn't pan out like we all hoped, now it's just time to do his job.
Really find it funny to hear those that say he just isn't AD material...now that's funny!!
Just what has Tanner really done to make you think he is such a good AD choice?

Just what has Tanner really done to make you think he is such a good AD choice?

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT