ADVERTISEMENT

I think it's safe to say Gamecock Baseball is back

Cocky 45

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2019
Columbia, SC
Back from the abyss, great job by Kingston to get this program back on track, this team reminds me of the Tanner teams, they refuse to lose! Fun to watch again, credit to RT looks like he got this hire right

Back from the abyss, great job by Kingston to get this program back on track, this team reminds me of the Tanner teams, they refuse to lose! Fun to watch again, credit to RT looks like he got this hire right
Agree on all points. Sadly some will race to the well of negativity after every loss this year. I'll take what we have leading our baseball program over Clemson any day.

Thought Monte made great calls on the hit and run and the squeeze. Two days in a row he got beat by good hitting. As the announcers said, two good teams. Anybody know easy was up with the axe after win. ???

Kingston said it perfectly in the post game:”this was a great weekend but this was not a Super Regional where they hand out a golden ticket to Omaha at the end”.. He has his eyes on the right prize. This is an Omaha caliber team. Nothing short will be well received.

Kingston said it perfectly in the post game:”this was a great weekend but this was not a Super Regional where they hand out a golden ticket to Omaha at the end”.. He has his eyes on the right prize. This is an Omaha caliber team. Nothing short will be well received.
Sounds like a similar mindset as Tanner's was as coach.

Reactions: Gamecock Lifer
Agree on all points. Sadly some will race to the well of negativity after every loss this year. I'll take what we have leading our baseball program over Clemson any day.
Look I have been the biggest critic of RT as AD as anyone, but give credit where it is due, those were two big wins.

Any hitter we have can go yard and I dig it. The great teams win the one run games.
The team and coach seems to have a great mindset, does not panic...and, perhaps more importantly, is having a lot of fun.

A lot that was missing under Holbrook....and you could see some of those changes early on in Kington's tenure.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
I’m thrilled to see baseball off to a hot start and relieved to win at least 2 against Clemson. I’m cautiously optimistic, but we will know what the team is made of after 3 or4 SEC weekends. Here’s to hoping we’ve turned the corner!
You’ll see what the team is made of at the end of the season.

We are 16th in nation but there are 7 SEC teams ranked above us! This team is middle of the pack in the SEC? Every weekend in the SEC will have this kind of intensity. The best of college baseball plays in the SEC without a doubt. I hope we can get enough wins to make or host a regional. Time will tell.

Does this team have a bunch of talent? I like the attitude and resolve of the team. Also, I've never seen such a variety of body types on a baseball team. I know we've recruited well. Anyway, excited that everyone is excited again.

We are 16th in nation but there are 7 SEC teams ranked above us! This team is middle of the pack in the SEC? Every weekend in the SEC will have this kind of intensity. The best of college baseball plays in the SEC without a doubt. I hope we can get enough wins to make or host a regional. Time will tell.
16th in the nation? pre season rankings mean nothing, we are playing like a top team right now, but the question is if or how long it will continue.

I said it before and will say it again, Kingston was the right hire. I’m a negative person, well that’s what I’ve been told but there is a lot of talent on this team and on the bench. We have a lot of players that are on the bench that would start at 90% of college baseball teams.

Pump the breaks there kid. Good weekend but let's wait to see. I'm excited too.

Reactions: USC2USC
Long way to go but the makeup of this team is the best I have seen in several years. The good recruiting is starting to show up now throughout the team.

Great win!!

USC baseball won't be back until they prove it in SEC play. Beating Clemson is great, but Clemson isn't close to Vandy, UF, or Arkansas anymore. Clemson is at best a middle of the pack SEC team and Lee is on the hotseat

I like the teams attitude. If Clemson scored, they just came right back and scored. It reminds me of the "Reptar" teams that just refused to lose. If we have that sprit, we can be successful. The talent appears to be there. This team appears to play loose and easy. keep it up.
This. They are back out there having fun, and honestly believing that they can beat anyone at any time. And they seem to be a "team" again, not out for themselves. That was missing in the last regime.

Reactions: rogue cock
I dont get the wait and see crowd. This team is good and it's right in front of you. I dont think anyone can deny that. And the thing is, (with a few tweeks) can be even better.
What matters is now. What happens later will matter then. Wait and see if you like if you're worried your feelings will be let down I guess. This team is not the teams that came before them and shouldn't be treated as such imo.

I dont get the wait and see crowd. This team is good and it's right in front of you. I dont think anyone can deny that. And the thing is, (with a few tweeks) can be even better.
What matters is now. What happens later will matter then. Wait and see if you like if you're worried your feelings will be let down I guess. This team is not the teams that came before them and shouldn't be treated as such imo.
They just want to be able to say "I told you so".

We won the clemsux series two years ago and missed the NCAA tournament. We open the SEC with #2 Vanderbilt and follow that up with Preseason #1 Florida, now #6.

Mercer is a good baseball team. Don't overlook them...

Baby Steps....

Reactions: sgacock
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT