ADVERTISEMENT

I think it's up to the O.

jeff2001

Apr 5, 2003
I feel the D will keep up in the game next week. Can the Offense make some plays ?

Agreed, offense will have to play at higher level than it has all year.

I could be wrong but it seems like most big important match ups Clemson has to play somehow are in the Valley. I believe they will have trouble with our fans plus the team. It wouldn't be the first time we rattled them.

Reactions: gamecock ed
You better hope for a bunch of well timed breaks. Talent gap too wide to beat them straight up. WOnt be able to run the ball against them, and Bentley will be running for his life

You better hope for a bunch of well timed breaks. Talent gap too wide to beat them straight up. WOnt be able to run the ball against them, and Bentley will be running for his life
It ain't always about talent, football is 60% emotion 40% talent. I don't think there's that much of a gap as there was last you and beside this game ain't in the valley.

We have got, GOT to utilize some misdirection, motion...... SOMETHING, to give our run game a chance. If we run straight up the gut every dang time, we'll quickly become one dimensional....... and at that point, we're in trouble.

It ain't always about talent, football is 60% emotion 40% talent. I don't think there's that much of a gap as there was last you and beside this game ain't in the valley.
60% emotion 40% talent that doesn't leave much room for coaching and I was hoping that's where we would get our edge

I feel the D will keep up in the game next week. Can the Offense make some plays ?

We're not going to methodically move the ball on them. It's about making big plays and avoiding big turnovers. In course of just about any Clemson game, there are receivers running open in their secondary. Jake has to find them and connect.

I am pretty confident that you will see a very different team next week....for better or for worse.

Venebels believes in attack defense all the time. The Cocks need to go up tempo and neutralize it. Last time Roper allowed Bentley to get hammered time after time with attempted drop back passes. They need to defend the quick out pass and the QB run.

I could be wrong but it seems like most big important match ups Clemson has to play somehow are in the Valley. I believe they will have trouble with our fans plus the team. It wouldn't be the first time we rattled them.
Not this year. Clemson played ranked teams at Louisville, at NCSt, and ESPN Gameday at VT which had to be pretty rowdy. The best home game was Auburn which is still their best win. Obviously everyone expected FSU to be good but not so much. Not sure crowd is going to rattle them. Hopefully Cocks can keep the crowd engaged!

Bentley will have to play much better than last year in order for us to have a chance. Hopefully he won't be running to the sideline after every play or have to worry about clemson sticking a finger up his butt

This time of the year it’s about lining up and whipping the man in front if you..

You've lost it. Or you hope emotion is 60% of the equation that could get USC closer, which it isn't. Emotion is usually good for about the first series, or two. Then it becomes a matter of execution and talent.

You've lost it. Or you hope emotion is 60% of the equation that could get USC closer, which it isn't. Emotion is usually good for about the first series, or two. Then it becomes a matter of execution and talent.
Then why do we have upsets? So you are a Gamecock supporter posting on FGF the reasons we can't win? You should be typing in orange. There is a difference in adrenaline and emotion.

This time of the year either you're better than you were in the first game or worse. We're better.

I agree.. now it’s not about freshman/senior, scheme, injuries(everyone’s hurting),,, just line up and show the other man you want it more..

Reactions: jimnasium
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT