ADVERTISEMENT

I wanna hear again how Deebo S. was wrong to miss the Nothing Bowl

I was more concerned about our head coach not using ALL of the allotted practices to prepare for the game. Don’t worry, it showed up on the field that day. That was embarrassing but then he topped it by losing to App State.

which we lost 28-0.

How being in that game was much more important than getting ready for the draft which may be potentially taking him to the Super Bowl assuming the 49ers can hold a 34-7 lead.
Your first line is my Exhibit A. What do you tell your teammates in the locker room after they went down hard while you stood on the sideline, in a position to help them but choosing not to?

I wish him no ill will and hope that he continues to be a star and makes a gazillion dollars while representing the Gamecocks. But on that day, he let his team down. It's not an unforgivable offense, but it is an offense.

Your health only lasts so long, especially for a football player. One false move in that debacle of a bowl game and his career was over. At some point you have to think about your career and money for a life time.
Why play in any game? You risk injury every time you wake up, go outside, or lace 'em up. One game is not more or less likely to cause injury.

Your health only lasts so long, especially for a football player. One false move in that debacle of a bowl game and his career was over. At some point you have to think about your career and money for a life time.
I find it hilarious that the mouth breathers here judge one guy for one game meanwhile they are fans of a historically .500 football program. You blame Deebo like he was gonna make up a four touchdown difference. Put those same expectations into the program in general instead of one kid who plays a sport where you're one play away from a career being over.

He quit on his team by putting himself above the team.

I do not wish him ill but have no respect for him.

If you have no respect for a former player who gave his all for this University and risked his career to come back for his senior year to give us one last ride then you are really not a TRUE Gamecock fan sir, and you should re-think about the priorities of a modern college athlete.
Yes the passion of playing for your school and teammates is still there and all but at the end of the day, the athlete has to look out for they’re own family and set them up for generational wealth. 1 play can change that dream he has been working for his entire life and it would be especially sour if it would happen in a somewhat meaningless bowl game at the end of a 6-win season..

To say that “He quit on his team” is an ignorant and selfish statement for you to say because if you were in his position, you would 100% choose to help set up your family and its not even a question

Deebo committed to the University of South Carolina. He stayed home when he could have gone elsewhere and played for us at a time when players were bolting for greener pastures left and right.

It is unfortunate that some of the fan base has chosen to be petty about him not playing in the Belk Bowl. Deebo has been the #1 receiver for the NFC champion for a lion share of this season. He showcased that yet again today. I have heard “University of South Carolina” about 50 times during the game and on highlights.

Deebo has done more for this school in one night than most will do in a lifetime, yet some want to cry. Georgia had several key players sit out their bowl game this season and they found a way to win.

If you’re still pissed off about the Belk Bowl, blame Bryan McClendon for running an offense that got shut out by Virginia. Blame Will Muschamp for not using all his practice days when the team was clearly unprepared. Blame the players who got their butt handed to them that day.

You are free to feel how you feel but I am damn proud Deebo Samuel is a gamecock. FOREVER to thee.

I think Deebo made the right call. He had watched his teammates go down to injury all season, our defense was depleted.

Deebo already had a documentary called "Tommow Isn't promised the Deebo Samuel story " about all injuries he had.

Everyone underrated the injury and impact of Zach Bailey.

Muschamp cut the practices due to injuries, which hurt the team. Should of questioned Dillman earlier and made change after the game.

The sooner Deebo got away from the incompetent Jeff Dillman and in a new training program the better.

My biggest issue with that game was the staff's insistence on playing Bentley the whole game and not playing Senior back up who proved himself earlier at some point to spark the team.

Last edited:
Had he played in this "Meaningless Bowl game", side by side with his teammates, the teamates that blocked for him, Supported him,etc etc would not have changed him going to the Super Bowl.. I support Deebo 100% but think he SHOULD have played wiith his teamates that worked their asses off to HELP him succeed..
You are making too much sense to be on here.

Reactions: cockofdawn
which we lost 28-0.

How being in that game was much more important than getting ready for the draft which may be potentially taking him to the Super Bowl assuming the 49ers can hold a 34-7 lead.
Because he was on the GAMECOCK team at the time. That could have used him. I consider him a former player. I do not consider him a Gamecock.

Jadaveon Clowney says hello.

Reactions: cockofdawn
It’s funny that people on here will go on and on about how comments on a message board impact recruiting or the impression of the team while supporting a guy bailing on his teammates and getting shut out in a bowl game when teams are typically the only thing going at that particular time.

It’s certainly telling that Muschamp has now had back to back years of guys shutting it down on him while guys like James Franklin have guys who are true first rounders playing their all for them in “meaningless” bowl games.

It’s great for him that he had a great rookie season but it doesn’t change that he walked out on his teammates and set the example for how to treat the program.

Because I paid for his education, meals, room and board, athletic wear, protection, etc. This list goes on and on. All he had to do was show his appreciation for my goodwill by playing a game that used to be a privilege to play. Pretty simple. If anyone else doesn't understand that, then you probably don't contribute your hard earned money to selfish athletic brats, or you are a millennial. Hallelujah, where's the Tylenol?

Well good news for Deebo haters is they don’t need to worry about this happening anytime soon because...

#1 We aren’t good enough to get into a “Meaningless” bowl the next 3 or 4 years
#2 We don’t have a single player on this roster good enough to sit out .

If we were a top 10 team and playing in a New Year’s Day bowl that millions of people were watching I can almost guarantee Deebo would have played . Hell most of us didn’t watch the Belk bowl . The coaching staff didn’t bother to show up so what’s the issue with Deebo . You guys crack me up . If you want players good enough to get you in position to play for titles this is par for the course . Dabo didn’t have any problem getting his top guys to stay in school . Wanna know why ?? THEY ARE PLAYING FOR CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!!! Kids are not gonna to risk their futures and generations of their families futures so old men like us can brag about beating “who cares” in the Weedeater bowl . Jeezz. Let it go already

I would vacate every win in one of our 11 win seasons to see Marcus Lattimore play 10 years in the NFL and go to the Hall of Fame or win a super bowl . What did he get out of those 11 wins ?? All rah rah “Do it for your teammates or your School” BS is OVER !! To much money guys . I watching Deebo on ESPN right now . You think anybody on that panel is saying “Well you know he sat out the Belk Bowl , right??” Give it a rest

Last edited:
yep, nobody in their right mind would blame him or muschamp over that..buncha whiny asses that think their having a chance to win the bowl game is more important than a mans career.. a man who has already dealt with many injuries..its shameful to know i pull for the same team as some on here...and 2 yrs later still wanna whine about it...absolutely amazing

Show me where someone said that game was more much important to Deebo than getting ready for the draft?
You are just making that sht up. Why?

These are the worst kinds of threads. Someone makes up an opposing point of view to create an opportunity for them to state their own opinion.

I guess some of you don't mind paying for a combo meal only to have the fries missing. Buying a home and not having HVAC. Car no wheels, ham no burger. Once again, I want to get a product that I pay for. Otherwise my money is best spent elsewhere.

I guess some of you don't mind paying for a combo meal only to have the fries missing. Buying a home and not having HVAC. Car no wheels, ham no burger. Once again, I want to get a product that I pay for. Otherwise my money is best spent elsewhere.
Never expect to get the whole Enchilada in a Exhibition game. Exhibitions aren't like the playoffs or the regular season.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Or whine without the cheese

Reactions: howard13

I thought everyone knew he wasn't playing in the Belk bowl. If you buy your tickets after he had indicated he was not playing. That's on you.

The money you spend is on regular season, which he played in all those games.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT