ADVERTISEMENT

I was asked to speak at a friend's funeral...

I gave one recently. Looked up several online and from that point wrote one out in my own style. I then reread and refined it and gave a presentation to a friend. After I gave the eulogy, the minister chased me down and gave me a huge compliment. Several others also said it was great, including the funeral director. Preparation is the key, good luck.

Reactions: OldBluJacketJr
I gave one recently. Looked up several online and from that point wrote one out in my own style. I then reread and refined it and gave a presentation to a friend. After I gave the eulogy, the minister chased me down and gave me a huge compliment. Several others also said it was great, including the funeral director. Preparation is the key, good luck.
Preparation is key with any public speaking! Glad it went well! Maybe you got a future speaking in public?!

Reactions: cockgun
My best friend and I went to another friends' funeral. During the service, the deceased's best friend got up and spoke. I looked at my friend and said if you go first, don't expect me to be able to do that at your funeral. He looked at me and said - there was no way I can do that either..

Friends that understand each other....

My best friend and I went to another friends' funeral. During the service, the deceased's best friend got up and spoke. I looked at my friend and said if you go first, don't expect me to be able to do that at your funeral. He looked at me and said - there was no way I can do that either..

Friends that understand each other....
Love that. Glad you guys are close. Hope neither of you have to even think about each other’s funerals anytime soon!

Reactions: Silverspur02
I've done two funerals and one wedding. Both carry a lot of responsibility. One of the funerals was at the graveside for a man I had never met and with almost no notice but with the family there expecting a real funeral. Try that one on for size.

You have me beat. All three funerals I've spoken at were for close family members. My Mother-in-law tells me I have at least one more to do, and that will be hers when the time comes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT