ADVERTISEMENT

I will now accept apologies from all of you....

....who gave me the absolute devil when I said, back in 2014, that Chad Holbrook would be our Smoke Laval.

If Ray Tanner doesn't relieve him of his duties following the 2017 duties, then Ray needs to be relieved of his as well.
I concurred and have always been doubtful of Chad. Hate to say I was right too.

Reactions: sadd66
....who gave me the absolute devil when I said, back in 2014, that Chad Holbrook would be our Smoke Laval.

If Ray Tanner doesn't relieve him of his duties following the 2017 season, then Ray needs to be relieved of his as well.
not me

Not me. I've been calling for his head after that first year. Holbrook is destroying what was once one of the premier college baseball teams in America. He is NOT the man for the job and neither is Tanner the man for AD, either.

Hey, Dr. Pastidis! We have a problem!

Fire Holbrook and let the college baseball world know that we will not settle for mediocre crap.

We hired the wrong USC assistant.

Not me. I've been calling for his head after that first year. Holbrook is destroying what was once one of the premier college baseball teams in America. He is NOT the man for the job and neither is Tanner the man for AD, either.

Hey, Dr. Pastidis! We have a problem!

Fire Holbrook and let the college baseball world know that we will not settle for mediocre crap.

We hired the wrong USC assistant.
Did we ever. And to not even interview him when the position opened...unbelieveable.

Did we ever. And to not even interview him when the position opened...unbelieveable.

Tanner wanted the AD job. Pastidis was afraid that Tanner would go elsewhere if he didn't get the job. Pastidis blinked and Tanner took the easy road by immediaetly choosing Holbrook for HC of baseball. Hey, national coaching searches can be stressful and hard work - Tanner's hard work/ stress days were history when he strong-armed his way into the AD's job . i.e. pie-job city - comparatively.

So, here we are - stuck with an OJT AD and an OJT for a baseball HC, and we wonder why the clemmies are smiling - other than their NC in football.

If Ray Tanner doesn't relieve him of his duties following the 2017 season, then Ray needs to be relieved of his as well.
Not that i believe it will happen; but, what will you say if the team develops and battles it's way to Omaha

Pastides, Tanner and Holbrook.....they will all be gone in 3 years....sadly.

Pastides, Tanner and Holbrook.....they will all be gone in 3 years....sadly.

I think they should be gone in 3 months at the longest. Pastides is spineless, that's why he hired Tanner to be AD, because Tanner won't stand up to him. He's busy virtue signaling at every opportunity while the front porch of the school he's in charge of rots.

Reactions: SliderUSC
As the official "sidekick", i would never give you the devil

It funny you make a point based on some valid argument, that indicates maybe Holbrook isn't as competent as everyone thinks, and the response is why would even think a ridiculous thing? You provide more justification and actual logic and posters say shut up. Of course I don't see those guys posting a lot today.

I think the series was lost when Holbrook took Clemson's side in as public a fashion as possible with his comments on the post game incident in game 1, and acted all embarrassed and peeved by some "Chippiness" by Cortes. God forbid a player showed some animosity.

The Chad, “One of our players popped off and embarrassed me and our team and our program tonight. We will handle it and that won’t happen again.”

Well I'm glad you straightened the team out after a win, Chad, good Job on setting a tone for the next 2 games.

post-19039-Scrubs-batman-robin-gif-M34P.gif

Last edited:
It funny you make a point based on some valid argument, that indicates maybe Holbrook isn't as competent as everyone thinks, and the response is why would even think a ridiculous thing? You provide more justification and actual logic and posters say shut up. Of course I don't see those guys posting a lot today.

I think the series was lost when Holbrook took Clemson's side in as public a fashion as possible with his comments on the post game incident in game 1, and acted all embarrassed and peeved by some "Chippiness" by Cortes. God forbid a player showed some animosity.

REALLY valid stuff right here. Read this, people!

Believe me...The Board of Trustees and Pastides have had an earful about Chad Holbrook and this weekend. Without a doubt, the unhappiness of the fans will trickle down to Tanner.

I concurred and have always been doubtful of Chad. Hate to say I was right too.
I hate to say it because I really like him and had so hoped he'd be the guy to continue our dynasty! We DID have a dynasty built & with continued great recruiting years he had NOTHING to build - it was IN PLACE & his recruiting has been fantastic! Talent & facilities are NOT a problem! If he goes to Omaha & wins a few I'll be encouraged again, but we need to beat our rivals in order to keep the fanbase happy AND continue our established program. Can't ever overlook that IMO! I just don't believe at the moment he has the coaching skills to take us there, but we'll see how the year ends (and he definitely should have a huge weight on his shoulders after losing this series to Clemson 3 yrs in a row)!

Reactions: SliderUSC
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT