ADVERTISEMENT

I wonder if Carolina will be overlooked in hosting a regional if we remain hot and

world famous 3rd base hecklers

Sep 25, 2011
stay in the top 15 top 10 in the country?

I'm worried that limited capacity at the ball game could play a roll with the NCAA and hosting a Regional. This is a good team and not allowed to host a regional could hurt us getting a chance to win the Super Regional and going to the CWS.

Taking two out of three against LSU, Florida and UGA is a real big deal.

Does make you kinda wonder what our bid looked like since they were doing things differently this year with the sites grated the opportunity to host gets both regional and super regional.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
stay in the top 15 top 10 in the country?

I'm worried that limited capacity at the ball game could play a roll with the NCAA and hosting a Regional. This is a good team and not allowed to host a regional could hurt us getting a chance to win the Super Regional and going to the CWS.

Taking two out of three against LSU, Florida and UGA is a real big deal.

I dont think the NCAA would look negatively on that. If you look across the country, it seems to be the teams that have gone to large crowds (Ole Miss, Miss State) are the outliers.

Money is what really matters when it comes to hosting a Regional/Super. Not sure how we'll be able to guarantee any type of profit for the NCAA if we submitted a bid at only limited capacity.

Separately, they have had plenty of time to devise and implement a plan to have more than 2100 fans at each game this weekend with the #1 team coming into town when a home field advantage is going to be so very important. Yet here we are, 3 days from the Game 1 of the series, and crickets. They should have begun working on that the moment the Governor lifted the capacity and approval restrictions February 26, 2021.

This team is 16-2 at Founders Park. Despite limited capacity, that’s a heck of a home field advantage. Just 8-8 in neutral/road games. Now most of those losses were Texas and Vandy to be fair.

I think this team has a legitimate shot at Omaha if it can play it’s way into a top 8 and hosting through the supers. Obviously if we have to hit the road those chances diminish considerably.

Reactions: uscedge21
What the ncaa needs to look negatively on are those conferences who didnt play an ooc schedule. Do they deserve a regional? I mean they havent hosted an ooc school all year but now its ok? I dont think so. In fact I'd be tempted to limit the number of teams from those conferences that get in the post season because there is no way to judge them if they decided to stay in a box. It would be an injustice if any of them hosted a regional while a team like ours didnt imo.

Last edited:
Most schools have limited capacity outside of Mississippi and Texas. MSU, Ole Miss, and Texas will be hosting anyways. No one below Carolina could put in a bid that can draw bigger crowds

Reactions: caughtlookin
What the ncaa needs to look negatively on are those conferences who didnt play an ooc schedule. Do they deserve a regional? I mean they havent hosted an ooc school all year but now its ok? I dont think so. In fact I'd be tempted to limit the number of teams from those conferences that get in the post season because there is no way to judge them if they decided to stay in a box. It would be an injustice if any of them hosted a regional while a team like ours didnt imo.

What conferences are not playing OOC baseball games? I didn't realize that carried over from football to baseball...

What conferences are not playing OOC baseball games? I didn't realize that carried over from football to baseball...
Big 10 for sure. Wouldnt surprise me if there are others. Thiink about that, when we are playing Clem, Texas, UNC, Coastal and others, they play no one.

I believe I heard Mike discussing it during a game. Maybe Big 10?

Big 10 for sure. Wouldn't surprise me if there are others. Think about that, when we are playing Clem, Texas, UNC, Coastal and others, they play no one.
I think the Ivy league is the only other league I'm aware of who is limiting contests to within the conference.

Now there are a few leagues which have upped the number of league contests this season, reduced the total number of games a team can play this season, or both..

Reactions: bucketdad
I think the Ivy league is the only other league I'm aware of who is limiting contests to within the conference.

Now there are a few leagues which have upped the number of league contests this season, reduced the total number of games a team can play this season, or both..

MAAC also is not allowing out of conference games. It has been a pretty big point of conversation with Fairfield still holding the no. 1 rpi.

Also, I think the Ivy League canceled spring sports altogether.

MAAC also is not allowing out of conference games. It has been a pretty big point of conversation with Fairfield still holding the no. 1 rpi.

Also, I think the Ivy League canceled spring sports altogether.
Dang. I guess rpi's arent what I thought they were. Guess the formula isnt as big as I thought. Sounds worthless.

Dang. I guess rpi's arent what I thought they were. Guess the formula isnt as big as I thought. Sounds worthless.
I don't know. There's really just not a good answer on what to use because everything has some sort of bias, whether it be the rpi or standard polls. The Fairfield case is a really interesting one because they are 20-0, but all 20 games are in conference and also at home.

I don't know. There's really just not a good answer on what to use because everything has some sort of bias, whether it be the rpi or standard polls. The Fairfield case is a really interesting one because they are 20-0, but all 20 games are in conference and also at home.
I hear ya. I assume that 20-0 is against 7 teams maybe. And those 7 teams havent played anyone else either. Big difference in me batting .500 after two at bats and batting .500 after 50 at bats... but the math doesnt lie. lol

Very interesting. So, no mid-week games for those teams? And they're gonna tie themselves up into knots trying to justify participating in the post season if it was too risky to venture outside of conference during the regular season.

This virus is causing so many blatant inconsistencies...never seen anything like it. All forms of critical thinking have been suspended.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT