ADVERTISEMENT

I wonder if we're going to get new uniforms with a cool design

Since Beams is all about everything Spurrier era, I’ve assumed he’s gonna go back to, all white for away games, and the big game garnet for home.

I was waiting for us to come out in all pink in October like the NFL... I like the change up every so often for maybe a big game, as long as we can back it up... But, those weekly video's of what the team picked out or the coaches were becoming an embarrassment and wasn't getting anyone fired up, except for CFA fans when the Carolina signature helmets came out back in 2018... Yikes! Who in the AD didn't see that coming...

Stop using those nasty black helmets. The only time to wear black helmets is is we are wearing black jerseys and pants.

Under Armour is absolute trash. But we’re stuck with them for a few more years. The sooner we can sign with Nike, the better.

Stop using those nasty black helmets. The only time to wear black helmets is is we are wearing black jerseys and pants.

Under Armour is absolute trash. But we’re stuck with them for a few more years. The sooner we can sign with Nike, the better.

I remembered when Under Armour was cool, but their designs over the years lost of imagination and Nike has stepped up to the plate...

I like to just go back to the classic look of the late 70's under Coach Carlen with the mesh jerseys...

I remembered when Under Armour was cool, but their designs over the years lost of imagination and Nike has stepped up to the plate...

I like to just go back to the classic look of the late 70's under Coach Carlen with the mesh jerseys...
Wait, what? UA designs have grown stale and lack "imagination," yet you advocate for going back to our 1970s look?

Unless our uniforms start falling apart during the games, what possible difference could the brand of the uniform make? I say just pick a design and keep it. I don't get the impression that Alabama, Penn State, OSU, Texas, etc. feel like they have to get creative with their uniform designs every year. We overthink this crap way too much.

under Beamer??? And stick with one color (Garnet) for the home games???

Changing colors, mixing and match uniforms like Garanimals is getting old and embarrassing.. We need an identity that high school players can spot us playing...
Garanimals........I love it. That’s exactly what it is. Fans on this board seem to get more excited about a uniform “reveal” than the quality of football on the field. It really is kind of embarrassing.

Wait, what? UA designs have grown stale and lack "imagination," yet you advocate for going back to our 1970s look?

Unless our uniforms start falling apart during the games, what possible difference could the brand of the uniform make? I say just pick a design and keep it. I don't get the impression that Alabama, Penn State, OSU, Texas, etc. feel like they have to get creative with their uniform designs every year. We overthink this crap way too much.

What's wrong with is look??? You don't see Bama changing their uniforms each week. They stay the same in their looks with numbers on the helmets and added names on the back, but that's it....

The late 70's (1975 - 1981) look is the best, 2nd closes look is the 1983 uniforms.

580511c9bacc8.image.jpg

GeorgeRogers002.jpg

georgerogers_1980heisman2.jpg

rogers-300x239.jpg

71mAsExGfAL._AC_SL1036_.jpg

I really like the Carlen era uniform. That popped and had the look.

If we could have one (minus the belly shirts), that would be it for me and stick to it.

Reactions: Tankernav
under Beamer??? And stick with one color (Garnet) for the home games???

Changing colors, mixing and match uniforms like Garanimals is getting old and embarrassing.. We need an identity that high school players can spot us playing...
We should leave the All Blacks to New Zealand Rugby, they have much more success than we do in it.

I dig your harsh sarcasm there Horseshoe - I mean F auburn and no damned wonder Bama hates their under-the-table, do ANYTHING to win cheatin' asses!!
=;-p
Thanks, I want to see the men in the uniform fight for each other & the school & their teammates & us & the jersey.......

Reactions: Gaimcock
It doesn't matter. It will be changed again for a supposedly new "hot" look not too far down the road. Ever notice that the traditional powers rarely, if ever, change uniform design? You need to find a uniform and stick with it.

Reactions: FORKCOCK
Heck, if the uniform supplier changes I’m gonna invest in GooGone. There will be a lot Under Armour stickers coming off of cars. Never have quite understood why people want to advertise for an underwear company just because their team wears it.🥴

The 80s Morrison uniforms were the best. I’d give the Spurrier big game garnet look the back up nod. Not sure they were the “best” but we were kicking butt and taking names in those.

Uniform changes are for branding and the kids. Fun for us to discuss, but very serious to the people trying to sell this program in multiple arenas.

Reactions: EgotisticalGamecock
Garanimals........I love it. That’s exactly what it is. Fans on this board seem to get more excited about a uniform “reveal” than the quality of football on the field. It really is kind of embarrassing.
While it’s true it doesn’t matter, I say the uniform from the mid to later 80s...Fireants, Black Death, etc.

The black throwback “Gamecocks” jersey was awesome I thought. I was hoping we’d keep it around and make it permanent, maybe even get a garnet and white one but have the black be the official home jersey.

I’d also add a gray face mask to the white helmets or maybe even white. The garnet helmet needs the circle, just looks unfinished.

Reactions: EgotisticalGamecock
While it’s true it doesn’t matter, I say the uniform from the mid to later 80s...Fireants, Black Death, etc.
I think every team should be proud of the way they look, but to get so excited about what will be worn this weekend is silly. Some guys know the uniform combination for every game played. Teams with tradition stick with tradition and sport a fashionable uniform week in and week out. Can you imagine Alabama, Clemson, OSU and the likes getting excited each week about a uniform reveal? Not hardly. This is football not a senior prom. Granted USC doesn’t have much football tradition, but how can you develop tradition if nothing stays the same. About the only tradition found at USC is not knowing what uniforms and what team will show up from week to week. Gotta start somewhere. So pick a good uniform and stick with it.

The black throwback “Gamecocks” jersey was awesome I thought. I was hoping we’d keep it around and make it permanent, maybe even get a garnet and white one but have the black be the official home jersey.

I’d also add a gray face mask to the white helmets or maybe even white. The garnet helmet needs the circle, just looks unfinished.

The throwbacks are clean from head to toe. Best looking jersey that Under Armour has given us. I love the Spurrier era jerseys due to the results but I never cared for the lettering and stripes.

Uniform changes are for branding and the kids. Fun for us to discuss, but very serious to the people trying to sell this program in multiple arenas.
I disagree that the kids care as much about this as people think they do. How many times have Alabama, Clemons, Georgia, Ohio State, and many other quality teams changed their uniforms? It doesn’t seem to hinder them in recruiting kids, nor does it seem to help the teams that have a crazy number of combos recruit at a higher level.

What's wrong with is look??? You don't see Bama changing their uniforms each week. They stay the same in their looks with numbers on the helmets and added names on the back, but that's it....
I dont have any problem with the Carlen era uniforms and I 100% agree that we shouldn't change looks every week. I was commenting on the irony of complaining about UA's lack of imagination while advocating for a pretty straightforward 1970s look. Nothing against those Carlen era units, but they arent exactly creative (which I'm OK with, by the way). You dont really need Nike's designers to come up with a 1970s Schutt/Riddell/Champion look.

Surely you don’t mean actual mesh, right? You are just talking the design I hope.

I mean the 70s are before my time, maybe they were fire then. But now those look like cheap practice jerseys.

Not as embarrassing as a Clemptech fan trolling a Gamecock message board.

Reactions: suncock
I'd rather have a winning, well coached and fundamentally sound team wearing the cheapest, ugliest uniforms in the entire NCAA. That said, I truly despise the all garnet look (reminds me of the tigger all orange gag-threads), although I have no visual problem with all black of white.

In my mind, garnet is our dominant color. Therefore, I believe the best approach would be to establish a traditional uniform of garnet jerseys. I believe garnet has been worn more times than any other in our history. Pants should be white, but I'd have no problem with garnet on some occasions. Helmets may be either garnet or white. I would hope that players would have some pride to wear a school's traditional uniforms, not mix and match every week.

I think some of the combinations we have worn lately are just plain ugly. it would be nice to have an identity and stick with it. the George Rogers era is nice but I think the Spurrier era was the best look, especially the big game garnet with white helmets.

Reactions: The Doctors Back
I was waiting for us to come out in all pink in October like the NFL... I like the change up every so often for maybe a big game, as long as we can back it up... But, those weekly video's of what the team picked out or the coaches were becoming an embarrassment and wasn't getting anyone fired up, except for CFA fans when the Carolina signature helmets came out back in 2018... Yikes! Who in the AD didn't see that coming...

Just as long as we don’t do the “Wounded Warrior” jerseys. I love the cause but we literally never won a single game when we dressed out in em!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT