ADVERTISEMENT

If Chad Holbrook really cared about Gamecock baseball, he would

Cola G'Cock

Apr 29, 2002
Columbia, SC
resign as head coach right now and finish out this season. It has become very evident he is not capable of managing a D1 baseball program. His resignation at this time would end all the speculation about his firing and allow Ray Tanner the opportunity to start looking for a new coach right now.

Otherwise, the program is going to decline to the point it will take years to recover.

Why is it when any of our programs have a down year there are people, such as yourself, that automatically begin entertaining the notion that it's a lost cause. We are having a bad year, no one will dispute that, but how about we give Holbrook the time he deserves to try and fix this. If this trend continues after another 2 years or so then yes I will second your argument and support his resignation. We as a fanbase got spoiled but I don't believe you, or anyone on this forum, is really in the position to say that Chad doesn't care about the baseball program. All the posts like this are asinine.

This post was edited on 4/15 9:04 AM by RobbieMacc

This is not just a "down year". The program has been in decline

since Holbrook took over. This is already a two year trend.

No, we aren't having a bad year, we are having a horrible year.

You are in denial.

Re: This is not just a "down year". The program has been in decline

No denial here when I agreed with your "...bad (horrible) year" comment. I'm just objective and patient.

I agree that patience is good but feel we have already been patient

with Holbrook and the decline has been steady. There is nothing to indicate it going to get any better so it is time to cut our losses with a change.

My hope is that Holbrook will do the honorable thing and resign rather than dragging the program down to the point there is no choice but to fire him. I think we are getting closer and closer to that point.

Why would Holbrook deserve to fix it? He broke it. This isn't like Martin getting handed the keys to a broken down Gremlin that was the dumpster fire of our basketball program. He deserves time to fix. Holbrook is owed nothing, given the keys to a Ferrari which he ran off the cliff in 3 years. There will be no regional this year or next year with him at the helm. He has failed in recruiting, roster construction which is difficult in college baseball, and has not shown the ability to manage his team through adversity. Not making regionals is unacceptable, giving him time is struggling once post season is reached. But no post season should equal unemployed.

And listening to the apologists regarding the players we lost is the worst.
2/3 of weekend rotation was back (we were bad before Crowe elbow)
6 regular players back who were prior starters in previous years.
We HAD to replace Greiner which he had 3 years to recruit a replacement and he failed. It's not like Greiner was a 1 year JUCO and we kind of got stuck this year. Holbrook new it was coming.

This isn't a bad baseball team relative to our success, this is just a plain old bad baseball team. Can't pitch, can't play defense and outside of few guys we don't hit and 3 of those won't be back next year.

This post was edited on 4/15 10:07 AM by jackal3

This post was edited on 4/15 10:09 AM by jackal3

This post was edited on 4/15 10:12 AM by jackal3

Re: I agree that patience is good but feel we have already been patient

Originally posted by Cola G'Cock:
with Holbrook and the decline has been steady. There is nothing to indicate it going to get any better so it is time to cut our losses with a change.

My hope is that Holbrook will do the honorable thing and resign rather than dragging the program down to the point there is no choice but to fire him. I think we are getting closer and closer to that point.
Losing in the Super Regional 2013, Losing in Regional 2014 and if this year not hosting a regional would be a steady decline.

Not making the SEC this year would be a tidal wave decline...

Giving Holbrook more time is like saying give Obama more time. yea right! Giving Chad more time to destroy

our program like Obama has destroyed this country !

As I've said before, Holbrook took over a Rolls Royce baseball program, and has turned it into a Pinto. I never expected us to win CWS every year, and I did expect some transitioning when Holbrook took over, but all we've done under CH is trend downward. I can handle losses, but I can't handle not being competitive.

Come on you guys! Look at the Bright side. We are the #6 team.....................................in SC.

Giving Holbrook more time is like saying give Obama more time. yea right! Giving Chad more time to destroy

our program like Obama has destroyed this country!

THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Technically the program went into decline Tanner's last year. We went from winning the CWS the previous two years to getting swept by Arizona in 2012.

Originally posted by RobbieMacc:
Why is it when any of our programs have a down year there are people, such as yourself, that automatically begin entertaining the notion that it's a lost cause. We are having a bad year, no one will dispute that, but how about we give Holbrook the time he deserves to try and fix this. If this trend continues after another 2 years or so then yes I will second your argument and support his resignation. We as a fanbase got spoiled but I don't believe you, or anyone on this forum, is really in the position to say that Chad doesn't care about the baseball program. All the posts like this are asinine.

This is way worse than "a down year" for us. The last two years were the "down years."

He probably cares too much about his paycheck and his family to quit. I would....I don't think he wants to lose anymore than any of us. He just didn't prepare the team for the season or doesn't know how to make adjustments....either way he will finish out the season and probably be back next season. That's not going to go over very well but that's what I see happening even in this case.....I don't agree with it but I believe it.

No doubt this is a disappointing season, but I don't see him resigning.

My bet is he wants to fix this, if at all possible.

And I'm sure he also wants to be employed where he can take care of his family too. After all, this is his livelihood at stake too.

Who knows how this will play out. But I'm sure he's hurting and concerned like we are.

I'm hoping for all this to work out. Heck, we all are.

Originally posted by LittleJohnnyGameock:
Technically the program went into decline Tanner's last year. We went from winning the CWS the previous two years to getting swept by Arizona in 2012.
Making it to the championship series and finishing #2 in the country ain't decline.

Yeah he's going to quit a 280K a year job just because some fans are unhappy? It will take another dumpster fire year of no regional before he will be fired I hope. Tanner may give him two more years.

Originally posted by RobbieMacc:

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT