ADVERTISEMENT

If don't score at least 45 points or more on La Tech on Saturday

world famous 3rd base hecklers

Sep 25, 2011
then it's a failure of Kurt Roper as an Offensive Coordinator and he needs to be replaced ASAP...

Still not happy that we can't move the ball on the ground and failed on 3rd and 1; 4th and 1...

then it's a failure of Kurt Roper as an Offensive Coordinator and he needs to be replaced ASAP...

Still not happy that we can't move the ball on the ground and failed on 3rd and 1; 4th and 1...
So if we win 41-10 he should be fired immediately after the game. Good thinking. We will have OC's lined up for miles around to replace him.

Kurt Roper needs to be replaced ASAP...

giphy.gif

It's gone from being about the game to who should get axed. :rolleyes: I hope Roper can see that he has to change something and quit being so predictable in situations. Stop trying to make Jake a Heisman hopeful and just move the football.

So if we win 41-10 he should be fired immediately after the game. Good thinking. We will have OC's lined up for miles around to replace him.

Yeah...

We scored 44 points against Western Carolina last year and won the game 44-31...

That was the only time we scored 44 points last year...

Roper isn't getting the job done... Our running game sucks that we have to rely on Jake's arm...

A significant portion of This board functions on the theory that at least one coach should be fired every week. A great many wanted dawn fired, same for Frank. The only solution they see is fire them. I can only imagine how many spouses and children they have already fired

Reactions: DC-99 and 01fatboy
I am concerned about Roper. That doesn't mean we need to score 45 or that he should get fired immediately, but the regression on offense is a cause for concern when we brought most guys back. You want to see progress. The one thing about Frank Martin was that we had some pretty terrible years early on, but we saw progress each year even though small. Ultimately though, we are 3 games into the season. Roper deserves a full year, but if we finish worse than 100th in offense again this year then Muschamp needs to really question things. We're not asking for the world, we're just asking for him to field an offense that is reasonably respectable.

Reactions: robertfootball
Unless La Tech is just atrocious, we won't score 45.

Put it another way, our offense alone won't score 45. Deebo was our only legit weapon. He bailed Jake out on several throws, and at least one touchdown. And we still have no rushing game to speak of.

If we get a couple of pick-6's, maybe.

Reactions: usc1978
Deebo is definitely not our only legit weapon. With deebo being out several other players will now get more opportunity. And I think they will step up (hurst, Edwards, ortre, shi) and our rbs will play better this game....Hopefully

Reactions: rogue cock
I am concerned about Roper. That doesn't mean we need to score 45 or that he should get fired immediately, but the regression on offense is a cause for concern when we brought most guys back. You want to see progress. The one thing about Frank Martin was that we had some pretty terrible years early on, but we saw progress each year even though small. Ultimately though, we are 3 games into the season. Roper deserves a full year, but if we finish worse than 100th in offense again this year then Muschamp needs to really question things. We're not asking for the world, we're just asking for him to field an offense that is reasonably respectable.
This is reasonable. Our talent level is waaaayyyy better than 13th in the SEC (at least that's what we're led to believe). It baffles me how other teams can do more with less, but we constantly do less with more. The talent is there this year.

On the other hand, we've played 3 Power 5 (and 2 SEC) teams so far. Our offensive rank should be skewed by that right now. Things should level out in a couple weeks and we'll see where we are then.

This... Oh how true this is...

Yes, the OP was being a little too dramatic in saying Roper should be fired if the team doesn't score 45. That is ludicrous obviously.

But the overall point isn't without merit. What is most likely going to happen tomorrow is that the offense will under perform compared to any other legitimate team that plays La Tech this year. And when I say legitimate, I don't just mean top 25 schools. I mean Power 5 schools.

Again, we seem to be every team's best defensive game. That is problem.

so our first two wins of the year no one was saying this after 1 loss yall want the mans head, smh i would love to see yall put on the headset and do better.

so our first two wins of the year no one was saying this after 1 loss yall want the mans head, smh i would love to see yall put on the headset and do better.

You haven't been around for awhile...

Our running game is bad...

In the first game, we blamed NC State's stout defense, then came Mizzou... Another bad running game because of their stout defense...

Now, against KY Jelly, and our running game reared its ugly head...

We have problems with our running game...

Reactions: usc1978
Ok so explain why the guy that was your leading rusher the previous game (Missouri) gets 0 carries this last game. Every interview the coaches do it's "we will go with who has the hottest hand". Well......?

Ok so explain why the guy that was your leading rusher the previous game (Missouri) gets 0 carries this last game. Every interview the coaches do it's "we will go with who has the hottest hand". Well......?
Watch what the RB coach is doing every game. Not sure why McClendon isn't the RB coach...he was pretty successful at UGA.

No, we knew coming in that our defense sucks and we would have to out score the other team to win...

But, I was wrong thinking we can out score the other team to win because our RUNNING GAME SUCKS!!!!
cant blame the running game on roper, really....that comes down to the big uglies and we havent had them in a while....they are bringing em in i think....but they aint playing yet

pwedge78, I really really hope you come back on and read the replies to your posts when you post something because I really want you to read this....

It is simply not true that "no one" was saying this before the KY game. Maybe it wasn't the majority, but it has certainly still be a LARGE contingent of knowledgeable fans, me included.

Kurt Roper's offense under perform even in our wins. In fact, you can find several posts where I talk about how poorly we performed against Missouri (24 offensive points) compared to what ALL other schools have done.

This is not about the loss last weekend for many of us.

In fact, I predict SC will win tomorrow. And at the same time, I predict the offense will, once again, under perform.

And just who exactly are we going to replace Roper with 1/3 into the season ?

Bobby Bentley. I had a one on one conversation with Jim Baxter of SC Varsity the other night. Jim Baxter is very well respect in SC and absolutely knows football. He said Bobby Bentley would be much better at calling plays than Roper.

If not Bobby for whatever reason (maybe he isn't ready for that role), then I agree that Roper needs to stay through the season. But he shouldn't, in my option, make it past this season.

Of course, if the offense starts producing in line with what it should then I would change my opinion. There is no reason that SC shouldn't rank at least in the top 75 in the country in scoring offense. I know some posters like to talk about the weak o line or this or that. I get all of that.. That is why I think I am being VERY conservative when I say that SC should at least be able to be in the top damn 75 in the country in scoring offense. I didn't say top 25, or even top 50. Top 50 to 75.. somewhere in that range. There is no excuse for this offense to not be in the top 50 to 75 at a MINIMUM.

If we aren't, which we aren't on a track to do that as of now, then Roper should not be retained.

Bobby Bentley. I had a one on one conversation with Jim Baxter of SC Varsity the other night. Jim Baxter is very well respect in SC and absolutely knows football. He said Bobby Bentley would be much better at calling plays than Roper.

If not Bobby for whatever reason, then I agree that Roper needs to stay through the season. But he shouldn't, in my option, make it past this season.

Of course, if the offense starts producing in line with what it should then I would change my opinion. There is no reason that SC shouldn't rank at least in the top 75 in the country in scoring offense. I know some posters like to talk about the weak o line or this or that. I get all of that.. That is why I think I am being VERY conservative when I say that SC should at least be able to be in the top damn 75 in the country in scoring offense. I didn't say top 25, or even top 50. Top 50 to 75.. somewhere in that range. Think about what all was said about the SC offense before the season. There is no excuse for this offense to not be in the top 50 to 75 at a MINIMUM.

If we aren't, which we aren't on a track to do that as of now, then Roper should not be retained.
His HS offense didn't do well at PC. And he had a huge advantage in HS in that every little league team in Duncan was running his offense and knew it completely before they hit HS. No one else was doing that...at least at the time.

His HS offense didn't do well at PC. And he had a huge advantage in HS in that every little league team in Duncan was running his offense and knew it completely before they hit HS. No one else was doing that...at least at the time.

And maybe that is the case. That is why I said if not Bentley, then Roper should stay through this season. But there are better options than Roper that can be found after the season. I have no idea who, but I know that if there aren't then we should honestly just shut down the whole damn football program.

Look, I hope to God SC goes out tomorrow and has a GREAT offensive performance. I would love to eat crow. But I just don't see it. And, as you already know from our discussions, for me this isn't just about the KY game. Not at all. But damn, I hope I have to come back on here and say I was wrong because our offense is performing up to its potential.

A significant portion of This board functions on the theory that at least one coach should be fired every week. A great many wanted dawn fired, same for Frank. The only solution they see is fire them. I can only imagine how many spouses and children they have already fired
Now who, when, and where did anyone want Dawn fired?? I call total BS just you trying to make a statement.

Now who, when, and where did anyone want Dawn fired?? I call total BS just you trying to make a statement.
She was dissed from day one by some over her salary. After her first two years when it appeared there was little progress. The #1 recruit in the nation Kelsey Bone transferred out saying she couldn't play for her, she was recruiting too many JUCO players, and how can we be paying HER more money than a winner like Ray Tanner. Those were some of the kinder criticisms from this board and the fan base in general and yes there were calls for her to be fired. You probably don't Remember because you only noticed the team three yeas ago when A'ja arrived.

Last edited:
Man I'm not worried about scoring 45 .... I'm worried about winning the damn game . LA Tech is No Joke . They can be pretty explosive offensively and our defense sucks just as bad as previous years . After losing to Citadel and looking terrible against Western Carolina last year , I honestly don't think any game we have on our schedule is a gimme . We got cocky against Kentucky and they drug us up and down the field AGAIN . This team without Deebo will scratch and claw for every game . I don't care if the score is 6-3 . With this team and this staff any W is a positive . Yeah Roper isn't the greatest but hard to get anything done when your O-Line can't block thin air . Never seen a group so afraid of contact in my life . We are as tough as a pet store Bunny Rabbit in the trenches right now . I'll take a W over the points . If we lose 51-48 are we firing the entire Defensive staff ??

On the other hand, we've played 3 Power 5 (and 2 SEC) teams so far. Our offensive rank should be skewed by that right now. Things should level out in a couple weeks and we'll see where we are then.

Played 2 of the worst SEC teams. Mizzou has one of the worst Defenses in the nation. After today, the competition gets harder, not easier.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT