ADVERTISEMENT

If I'm Shawn Elliott, I would put Pharaoh Cooper in as QB against Clemson

world famous 3rd base hecklers

Sep 25, 2011
and make sure he touches the ball at least 95% of the game...

We have nothing to lose and Cooper can show the NFL what else he can do...

I think his talents have been wasted this year and need to touch the ball 95% per game...

If I'm Elliot I put Shon Carson in and run right past Boulware because every team that's had a somewhat fast back has done that and ran right past that idiot. They can't stop a back that hits the hole fast and then is gone. Wilds and Williams play right into their hands because both are slow.

But if you put in Cooper as QB, then there is no deep threat. CU loads the box and can dare him to throw. I'm all for putting Cooper to mix it up, and throw them off balance, but I'm not sure having him behind center 95% is going to work consistently

Reactions: CliffordII
But if you put in Cooper as QB, then there is no deep threat. CU loads the box and can dare him to throw. I'm all for putting Cooper to mix it up, and throw them off balance, but I'm not sure having him behind center 95% is going to work consistently

So freaking what? How many receiving yards does Pharoh have over the last two years in losses? (1211 yards is the answer) Having a deep threat hasn't translated into wins. I was correct last season when I said Cooper should have been moved to quarterback this season. I betcha we wouldn't have lost to the Citadel if he had.

So freaking what? How many receiving yards does Pharoh have over the last two years in losses? (1211 yards is the answer) Having a deep threat hasn't translated into wins. I was correct last season when I said Cooper should have been moved to quarterback this season. I betcha we wouldn't have lost to the Citadel if he had.

QB wasn't the issue vs. the Citadel. Orth threw for almost 400 yards.

Reactions: Pruittmatt44
If I'm Elliot I put Shon Carson in and run right past Boulware because every team that's had a somewhat fast back has done that and ran right past that idiot. They can't stop a back that hits the hole fast and then is gone. Wilds and Williams play right into their hands because both are slow.
Wow, be sure to text that to Elliott!

I would like for us to do that crazy thing called BLOCKING for the RB's and the QB's and run a normal offense.
If we fake out clem and BLOCK AND TACKLE.......we got a chance.

Yes I know that is a pipe dream but a little blocking and tackling would fool clem for sure.

Reactions: BigBlackCock
Cooper might not be interested in that. He's already said he's leaving after this season and one of the reasons is he doesn't want to take a chance of getting injured. All three QBs this season have had some level of injury. With the way the o-line blocks and protects, can't say I would blame him.

Cooper might not be interested in that. He's already said he's leaving after this season and one of the reasons is he doesn't want to take a chance of getting injured. All three QBs this season have had some level of injury. With the way the o-line blocks and protects, can't say I would blame him.

It's not Cooper's decision, it's what the coaches come up with...

If "Cooper might not be interested in that.." then he should buy a ticket and sit in the stands and watch his team mates play....

I would have gone to the single wing myself. It is a great equalizer. I think he may be ready with it becaus they have not been practicing for a while with the traditional formation. It's going to be a coming out party for Lorenzp Nunez. This is going to be the biggest role a dope ever.

It's not Cooper's decision, it's what the coaches come up with...

If "Cooper might not be interested in that.." then he should buy a ticket and sit in the stands and watch his team mates play....
Please, it's 2015 not 1989 coach like that and see how many great recruits you get.

I think it would be a big mistake to ask him to play quaterback and have him risk millions of dollars and possibly his NFL career for that one game. He would get mauled behind the line and hit countless times. Have some decency, heart and protect the future of this guy because out of all the players we have on our team he has the best chance make the NFL and be impactful.

Reactions: island mind
Please, it's 2015 not 1989 coach like that and see how many great recruits you get.

I think it would be a big mistake to ask him to play quaterback and have him risk millions of dollars and possibly his NFL career for that one game. He would get mauled behind the line and hit countless times. Have some decency, heart and protect the future of this guy because out of all the players we have on our team he has the best chance make the NFL and be impactful.

When you play against Clemson the #1 team in the country, you have use everything at your disposal..

If not, then let's just forfeit the game...

I like the OP's idea, too. I'd love to see Pharoh Cooper as the QB 95% of the time....... if he is, to whom will he throw the ball? Clemson will just put 2 LB spies on him and with the Tiger secondary covering the rest of those receivers, it will be game over real quick.

Pharoh is not our best quarterback, he's our best receiver. We need Pharoh catching the ball and taking it on sweeps, reverses and double passes.

This element is nonexistent in Carolina's offense.

It put Nunez at QB and use 2 backs...Carson and Pharoah....in shotgun and run read option all game...a little play action....and eat up some clock.

We have almost no chance anyway. But keeping Watson off the field as much as possible will control the damage and who knows....5 turnovers or special teams flops....nah....no shot.

What makes you think he will make millions

What makes you think he will make millions
Because the round you are drafted in have a huge influence on the kind of contract you will receive. Right now he's a first or second rounder, a bad injury will prevent him from being drafted in any of those rounds thus causing him millions of dollars. A smart coach will realize this and the overall importance of this game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT