ADVERTISEMENT

If it is Muschamp..I am done..

Status
Not open for further replies.

NooNoo

Jan 27, 2002
...somebody find the Tombstone meme "well, bye"...as a season ticket holder for 30 plus years I will not support this. If USC wants my money then this cannot happen. Hiring someone that could not win at Florida and expecting a better result here at USC without the built in advantages? Putting our eggs in two baskets and when they move on this is all we have got? I genuinely hope this is not the direction we are going. Tanner will have lost my support. If you agree with me I would encourage you to make your feelings known to the AD. Be respectful but leave no doubt where you stand. I am sure I will get flamed by internet tough guy. Unless Tanner gets feedback he may not have any idea how opposed the alumni and fanbase is to this. My Saturdays may have just been freed up. I hope not...

Heck of a standard there: "we could do worse"

You can spin all you want. He was a big failure at Florida and got his butt fired. Florida fans still make fun of him and his antics.

No one else wanted him as a head coach. Even small schools avoided him.

That's not the point. Will was hired when florida was at rock bottom. His downfall was his OC hires. Those are his players thar are SEC east Champs this year. All I'm saying is we could do worse.

He wasn't a failure at florida he put the pieces back together recruited the players that won the SEC championship this year. If the qb hadn't been suspended they would be a damn good team. Roller dude who is on the wish list now for you?

What may be worse is there was a thread on the GA version of another network that tracked all of today's goings on in the USC Ath Dept. This could have been a ruse by a cunning Dawg but, and I wont go into details, but things happened to make me believe it was real. The source was the mother or motherinlaw (who is employed in the USC Ath Dept) of a GA fan who was a member of that network which shall go un-named. The thread no longer exists which is one of the reasons it may be valid

He wasn't a failure at florida he put the pieces back together recruited the players that won the SEC championship this year. If the qb hadn't been suspended they would be a damn good team. Roller dude who is on the wish list now for you?
They beat Bama?

Oh you mean the east, where practically every team sucked.

Reactions: cocky4
Muschamp is known for his antics and nothing else. Hell...Zook did similarly at UF and he showed how good he actually was at Illinois. That is pretty much what we can expect.

Chaos, fires everywhere and disruption that is what Muschamp offers because that is who he is.

Reactions: VeritasAequitas
Muschamp is solid. Be thankful to have him. He fits our needs and we fit his. He's young, fiery and passionate. He can recruit. He can coach. He will have learned from his past failures. Experience as an SEC coach at a major program is invaluable. We couldn't hire a more qualified candidate. He'll do well.

That's not the point. Will was hired when florida was at rock bottom. His downfall was his OC hires. Those are his players thar are SEC east Champs this year. All I'm saying is we could do worse.
One year off 12-0 regular season, sec championship game, bcs bowl and #1 recruiting class. Hardly rock bottom. WM also went 11-2 and had three first round players and eight players drafted in 2013 alone. That's more than we've ever had in a year drafted.

...somebody find the Tombstone meme "well, bye"...as a season ticket holder for 30 plus years I will not support this. If USC wants my money then this cannot happen. Hiring someone that could not win at Florida and expecting a better result here at USC without the built in advantages? Putting our eggs in two baskets and when they move on this is all we have got? I genuinely hope this is not the direction we are going. Tanner will have lost my support. If you agree with me I would encourage you to make your feelings known to the AD. Be respectful but leave no doubt where you stand. I am sure I will get flamed by internet tough guy. Unless Tanner gets feedback he may not have any idea how opposed the alumni and fanbase is to this. My Saturdays may have just been freed up. I hope not...
I'm with you NooNoo. I too will be gone. I won't tolerate Muschamp as our HC.

The more fans that are done and not happy with whoever we hire is a good sign. Fans are usually completely wrong.

Muschamp list to Georgia Southern at Florida. That is as bad as USC loosing to the Citadel if not worse. No way that should happen at either school regardless of any excuses.
I guess if he comes here we will only be 1 bad play from seeing Woody Hayes relived. I live close to Gainesville and I lived Muschsmp at Florida because everyday I could turn the radio on and hear the UF fans whining about their coach. They could not get rid of him fast enough.

Reactions: cocky4
I think Muschamp will be able to put together a great staff, and be able to outrecruit Riley.

Reactions: mbsurfside

I'm on the fence with Muschamp...I think he can recruit and also put together a good coaching staff. I'm at the point where Tanner needs to hire anyone at this point.

You may disagree with it and that is fine.As the Gamecock nation we have been told we need more money and the Gamecock nation has provided. Seat license fees as well as ticket prices and the list goes on and on. We keep building facilities and are told that we are in as good of shape as the rest of the SEC. At the present time we have an indoor practice facility and Georgia does not.However does it really matter when the best you can do is Muschump who plainly could not cut it at Florida! I do not see pouring money in a bad situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT