ADVERTISEMENT

If it's close in the 4th, we win.

Not G.I Joe

Sep 9, 2019
If we can somehow manage to keep this thing within a score into the 4th, I like our chances. And for one simple reason: Kevin Harris.

Let him ride the bench, then bring him in fresh late in the game and force Bama defenders to wrap him up. Maybe mix in a little fruity play-action bootleg to Nick Muse when they stack the box.

Kevin Harris's biceps are majoring in communications and have their own spot on the depth chart, just ahead of Deshaun Fenwick. I don't care if it's Bama or the Steelers steel curtain, no defense wants to deal with some kind of compact Zion Williamson barreling toward them late in the 4th. Their loudmouth strength coach can throw a redneck tantrum all he wants on the sideline but once his guys take a few quadriceps to the face, they're throwing in the towel.

Keep it close Carolina and Mr. Harris will seal the deal!

I am hoping that Coach Werner has a secret of beating Alabama. He was on Mississippi coaching staff when Alabama lost to the Rebels two years straight. South Carolina has decent skill players that can make plays, but will need space and maintain consistency throughout the game. Hoping the game ends up like the 2015 Mississippi/Alabama match up with South Carolina winning 43-37.

Reactions: Not G.I Joe
laughable on multiple levels

relying on a frosh 4th string? at least bring a good take

I’m afraid that a lot of people are getting their hopes up too high based on how a freshman quarterback and running back played against a glorified high school team last weekend. I’m pretty sure that Alabama isn’t losing sleep over a “fresh” three star running back being brought in late in the game.

Reactions: OldWiseCock
Sounds good and all, but I'm thinking maybe you haven't watched how we play in the fourth quarter for quite some time.

Reactions: ddw1263
OP is a fan in the true sense. It's short for "fanatic" which means being an optimist and always seeing a chance to win. Be a realist and dismal and give us no chance and you're not a fan, you're an observer. Granted, you might wind up being right more often than not but personally, on gameday I'd rather hang out with fans.

GO COCKS! BEAT BAMA!!!

Shannon
USC '88

I am hoping that Coach Werner has a secret of beating Alabama. He was on Mississippi coaching staff when Alabama lost to the Rebels two years straight. South Carolina has decent skill players that can make plays, but will need space and maintain consistency throughout the game. Hoping the game ends up like the 2015 Mississippi/Alabama match up with South Carolina winning 43-37.

Yeah, unplug Muschamp's head sets...

OP is a fan in the true sense. It's short for "fanatic" which means being an optimist and always seeing a chance to win. Be a realist and dismal and give us no chance and you're not a fan, you're an observer. Granted, you might wind up being right more often than not but personally, on gameday I'd rather hang out with fans.

GO COCKS! BEAT BAMA!!!

Shannon
USC '88
I'll stick with "fan." The word fanatic has never been used as a positive attribution or compliment -- it's like being proud to be called a lunatic. For a complete etymology, check https://www.oed.com/view/Entry/68008?redirectedFrom=fanatic#eid

If we can somehow manage to keep this thing within a score into the 4th, I like our chances. And for one simple reason: Kevin Harris.

Let him ride the bench, then bring him in fresh late in the game and force Bama defenders to wrap him up. Maybe mix in a little fruity play-action bootleg to Nick Muse when they stack the box.

Kevin Harris's biceps are majoring in communications and have their own spot on the depth chart, just ahead of Deshaun Fenwick. I don't care if it's Bama or the Steelers steel curtain, no defense wants to deal with some kind of compact Zion Williamson barreling toward them late in the 4th. Their loudmouth strength coach can throw a redneck tantrum all he wants on the sideline but once his guys take a few quadriceps to the face, they're throwing in the towel.

Keep it close Carolina and Mr. Harris will seal the deal!

I like Harris. My one fear is he needs to hold on to the ball. His running style and his size will encourage defenders to pop that ball out.

I am all for optimism. But the thought that USC would be in a position to even think about winning in the 4the qtr tomorrow is a beyond even a huge stretch.
Unfortunately many are basing their optimism based on the results from last week.
Had we played at the very least a mediocre P5 or G5 team I could understand it, but there is very little if anything to take away from beating CSU.

At the end of September we will be 2-3 with wins over CSU and UK. We might be 1 and 4, but I'm trying to be optimistic.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT