ADVERTISEMENT

If Jake plays that well next week we have a shot

Jake did play well today. Good momentum and confidence builder for him for next week.
Eight wins is good progress for this team and this program.

I hope we have time to run some deep patterns. Their dbs are the weakest part of their defense. They've given up lots of long passes and with quite a few interference calls against them

Would love to see it, but Clemson will stuff the running game, and Jake will be running for his life.

You consider yourself a offensive powerhouse?
Assuming that was directed at my comment, no...we are not an offensive powerhouse. We are right now a fairly efficient and balanced offense. Point being, we don't need to be a high-powered offense, unless the defense falls apart.

They only.sacked the auburn qb 11 times..smh
Wow, went back to early in the season for that one. Auburn had issues starting the season...and Malzahn's seat was warming up before they turned it around, which is one reason for the rumors that he may head to Arky.

Brooks and Hobby were two of the best coaches y'all had...with a ton of experience. And y'all replace all that experience with Bates from Jacksonville State...that's some big shoes he has to fill with limited experience.

Last edited:
Our receivers need to do some things to get open to help Jake out. Can't get lazy running their routes. Some new or modified routes might help as well. Jake will need to find the open man quickly.

I'm guessing you haven't watched the Tigers front four play this year

Does your mom know you're a tater fan? I mean seriously, you joined in September and other than some OT posts, your post history is nothing but what we hear from the typical tater fans. You are so sly ........... :rolleyes:

Reactions: rogue cock
I'm just a South Carolinian who has seen too much disappointment from the Gamecocks in my life you numbnut. Winning 8 games and all this crazy talk from most Gamecock fans makes me laugh... plus Carolina still HAS no signature win this season. Beating up on SEC Least scrubs does not impress anybody. You are a kike thought lemming

I'm just a South Carolinian who has seen too much disappointment from the Gamecocks in my life you numbnut. Winning 8 games and all this crazy talk from most Gamecock fans makes me laugh... plus Carolina still HAS no signature win this season. Beating up on SEC Least scrubs does not impress anybody. You are a kike thought lemming
Yep, a tater or tater empathizer. Not sure which is worse.

Reactions: BigTomE
We need to bring out the bootleg again, get Jake out on the corner so he has plenty of time to throw and hit some deep balls. If he just takes the snap and drops into the pocket every time to throw, they will just tee off on him and it will get ugly. We have to do some misdirection with some roll outs and boot legs.

We need to bring out the bootleg again, get Jake out on the corner so he has plenty of time to throw and hit some deep balls. If he just takes the snap and drops into the pocket every time to throw, they will just tee off on him and it will get ugly. We have to do some misdirection with some roll outs and boot legs.
In case no one noticed, we also ran the counter play against Wofford....once. It worked to perfection, well-blocked and the back hit the hole perfectly. Expect to see more of that also.

In case no one noticed, we also ran the counter play against Wofford....once. It worked to perfection, well-blocked and the back hit the hole perfectly. Expect to see more of that also.
Are you talking about the play when Tyson Williams hit the hole for a big gainer in the second half? I could not tell at the time but it did look like a counter play the way he hit the hole on the opposite side. That guy has good vision and hits the hole with authority.

Are you talking about the play when Tyson Williams hit the hole for a big gainer in the second half? I could not tell at the time but it did look like a counter play the way he hit the hole on the opposite side. That guy has good vision and hits the hole with authority.
He's a load when he past the LB.

Yes. It was perfectly executed. First thing I thought was they are going to put that one in the bag and pull it out next week.

He's a load when he past the LB.
Yes, and he has speed, power, and vision. I don't see why he doesn't get more carries. AJ is a good player, but I don't like the way he tip toes up to the line sometimes. It just gives the D time to react.

Yes, and he has speed, power, and vision. I don't see why he doesn't get more carries. AJ is a good player, but I don't like the way he tip toes up to the line sometimes. It just gives the D time to react.
AJ hasn't been tiptoeing lately. Hits the hole pretty danged hard. The only reason Tyson doesn't get more carries is that he needs to be in the game more and to do that he needs to improve his blocking. He did better Saturday, so maybe we'll see more of him this Saturday. He just can't whiff on blocks or he will get Jake killed.

You're clearly convinced yourself that you are all-knowing. So it shouldn't matter if everyone else thinks you're the numbnut, right?

Yes, and I hope OrTre doesn't drop any passes this week too. Those are killers.
That's the one thing our young receivers have been good at. Have no clue what they were thinking on Saturday, especially the first two drives where there were 4 drops. Hopefully, it was just a one game snafu.

I don't think he gets more carries because he's an absolutely atrocious pass blocker.

AJ hasn't been tiptoeing lately. Hits the hole pretty danged hard. The only reason Tyson doesn't get more carries is that he needs to be in the game more and to do that he needs to improve his blocking. He did better Saturday, so maybe we'll see more of him this Saturday. He just can't whiff on blocks or he will get Jake killed.
Yeah, that's why I said sometimes. He doesn't do it all the time, but when he does we get nothing. AJ is better on the perimeter. He just isn't built to be a between the tackles runner. I think Tyson is the better RB.

Reactions: rogue cock
I don't think he gets more carries because he's an absolutely atrocious pass blocker.
Another reason to run more bootlegs. Let Jake fake to him and roll to the opposite corner. It has worked every time we've run it this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT