ADVERTISEMENT

If Lloyd was that much better than Harris and Fenwick last

Macc Maine

Gold Member
Oct 19, 2020
If Lloyd was that much better than Harris and Fenwick last spring and fall camp I can only imagine that he’s as good as advertised. Harris is a top 2 back in this league btw. I can’t wait to see that group of backs this season

You need at least 3 in the sec and it looks like we’re solid, might have 4 or 5 that are serviceable!

Reactions: Macc Maine
Was you impressed with his running once we got out of the I ?
Of all the problems on the team last year, Kevin Harris was a bright spot. I'm looking forward to seeing him shine again. The good thing is we have other players with different skill sets that can compliment one another. And yes I was very impressed with Kevin.

If Lloyd was that much better than Harris and Fenwick last spring and fall camp I can only imagine that he’s as good as advertised. Harris is a top 2 back in this league btw. I can’t wait to see that group of backs this season
The problem in 2020 spring was that those who were evaluating talent (Mushole and staff), were not the best judges....lets hope Lloyd and Harris both remain healthy, then with rest of cast Cocks should be strong in that position...Go Cocks!

Of all the problems on the team last year, Kevin Harris was a bright spot. I'm looking forward to seeing him shine again. The good thing is we have other players with different skill sets that can compliment one another. And yes I was very impressed with Kevin.
I loved the way you dodged the question. That was good as a politician.

He was the starter and from what the coaches said last year was that it was Lloyd job and it didn’t seem close
IIRC he was injured during the second Spring practice.

At the time, Harris was still somewhat of an unknown, not surprising any staff would be high on a new 5* at a position that needed a talent infusions.

Reactions: roosterbell
I loved the way you dodged the question. That was good as a politician.
I'm not dodging anything. Any good coach will put a player in the best position to make an impact utilizing his skill sets. The coaches did this with Kevin. No different that what is done with QBs. You're not going to ask a QB that's not very mobile to make a lot of plays with his feet. Doesn't mean he isn't effective or can't move the ball. Good coaches can figure how what each player does best and design plays to maximize this. As long as he can get yards and move the ball does it matter how it's done?

What fool says that Lloyd is better than Harris ?
He was the starter and from what the coaches said last year was that it was Lloyd job and it didn’t seem close from the way
The problem in 2020 spring was that those who were evaluating talent (Mushole and staff), were not the best judges....lets hope Lloyd and Harris both remain healthy, then with rest of cast Cocks should be strong in that position...Go Cocks!
i agree. I’m not saying Lloyd is better than Harris because Harris is a top back in the country I’m only noting that if Lloyd is as good as advertised then we should have one of the best backfield

I'm not dodging anything. Any good coach will put a player in the best position to make an impact utilizing his skill sets. The coaches did this with Kevin. No different that what is done with QBs. You're not going to ask a QB that's not very mobile to make a lot of plays with his feet. Doesn't mean he isn't effective or can't move the ball. Good coaches can figure how what each player does best and design plays to maximize this. As long as he can get yards and move the ball does it matter how it's done?
You still haven't answered the question. Was you impressed with Harris's play after we abandoned the I formation? Not the whole season.

Waiting to see Lloyd play for sure. At this moment we cant predict who is best. But if he is as good as advertised and with Harris having established himself , the change up factor of JuJu , Z. White———we could be exciting team to watch run the ball. That’s my hope for sure.

He got hurt almost immediately into practice. He couldn't have taken that many reps.
Okay, with the spring practice, the summer workouts, the work they let them do with coaches over the summer, and the two fall practices he was ahead of every RB in that room.

It was August 20; he had taken enough by then to see what was what. I saw enough video of him working contact drills against the LBs and DBs to see he was a bona fide stud.
Exactly. It was reported that the coaches were building the offense around him. All I was pointing out is if he is as good as advertised I can see SC having one of the best if not the best RB room in the country

Reactions: kidrobinski
Exactly. It was reported that the coaches were building the offense around him. All I was pointing out is if he is as good as advertised I can see SC having one of the best if not the best RB room in the country
As noted, White is pretty beast himself, and now this Juju guy too? I’m chomping at the the bit to tee this thing up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT