ADVERTISEMENT

If LSU beats UGA (no easy task in Atl.) looks like

If there’s a way to get them in it will happen . If they do it wouldn’t surprise me in the least if they got hot and won the damn thing .

My bet would be Oklahoma gets the #4 spot. Then it becomes interesting who gets the #1 slot.

What world do you live in? LSU beat Alabama when they had all their big playmakers. Alabama is clearly a step down from when they had Tua. Alabama lost their conference, lost their division, and lost their state. They don't have a ranked win this year and the combined records of the teams they beat is 47-73. They beat two teams with a winning record (Clemson has a terrible schedule but after tonight, they'll have beaten 6 teams with a winning record). Despite having beaten the worst slate of teams of any top 20 team (other than maybe Utah), they're still only the #58 rushing offense and barely a top 25 defense. Now that their passing attack is greatly weakened, why would we give them another chance at LSU? Alabama would get embarrassed by the top 3 teams.
They certainly got embarrassed in the title game last year, and they were at full strength.

Hahaha. Alabama ? The 2 loss team ?
To have Alabama at 12 is still a joke... Baylor nor Utah would beat Bama..... LSU had to fend off a late run to beat them and Auburn had a Herculean effort to beat them... They shouldn't be in the playoffs but to have them 12 is funny

Reactions: Cock-a-Doo
Bama's loss to Auburn was inexcusable...
They were in if they won't that game. Had their destiny in their hands and didnt capitalize.
I agree they are probably better talent wise but you still have to "play within the system"....what if Bama had 3 losses? I would still argue they might be better talent wise but you got to have the record to get in too and the right combination of wins/losses.

To have Alabama at 12 is still a joke... Baylor nor Utah would beat Bama..... LSU had to fend off a late run to beat them and Auburn had a Herculean effort to beat them... They shouldn't be in the playoffs but to have them 12 is funny
Doesn't hold much weight now though one way or the other...they win their bowl game and I'm sure they'll finish in the 5-7 range depending on how other things play out

Reactions: Expro19
Oklahoma/Baylor winner will be awarded # 4 position.

My vote would go to Bama.

Are you delusional? I certainly don't want OU in the playoffs, but Alabama has two losses. Everyone they played who was any good beat them. There are a number of other teams that are more deserving including Utah. Even Georgia would be a better choice if you are going two losses.

I carry an SEC bias and LSU gets#1 hands down just on SOS

Playing Texas in Austin is the tie breaker for me. LSU would have finished #2, if had played Tulane at home. Where's the reward for scheduling a tough OOC opponent? Gotta put LSU first.

I don't think that's SEC bias.

Playing Texas in Austin is the tie breaker for me. LSU would have finished #2, if had played Tulane at home. Where's the reward for scheduling a tough OOC opponent? Gotta put LSU first.

I don't think that's SEC bias.

7-5 Texas who barely beat Kansas??? This is your difference maker?

• Alabama isn't even the best 2-loss team in the SEC. They don't deserve a spot in the CFP this year, and they won't get one.
  • IF Georgia should upset LSU in a close game, then it is likely that both UGA and LSU make the CFP, along with tOSU and Clemson. Otherwise, Oklahoma will garner the 4th spot. Ohio State is in even if they lost a close game to Wisconsin.

Yes. LSU scheduled Texas in Austin. You reward them for that over OSO who scheduled midmajors at home.

The opposition has to end up being good to get credit. OSU has win against an OOC team which is currently ranked. LSU does not. Is Texas a bigger name than Cincinnati? Yes. Was Texas expected to be better at the beginning of the year and over ranked as a result? Also yes.

But results, not names, are what matters to the committee. (I hope)

A case can be made for LSU being #1 based on wins over Bama, Auburn, Florida and soon to be Georgia. But Texas is trash.

The opposition has to end up being good to get credit. OSU has win against an OOC team which is currently ranked. LSU does not. Is Texas a bigger name than Cincinnati? Yes. Was Texas expected to be better at the beginning of the year and over ranked as a result? Also yes.

But results, not names, are what matters to the committee. (I hope)

A case can be made for LSU being #1 based on wins over Bama, Auburn, Florida and soon to be Georgia. But Texas is trash.

Pointless discussion now. There's no tie.

Oklahoma/Baylor winner will be awarded # 4 position.

My vote would go to Bama.
Two losses; I think not. Anyhow, now it's academic. LSU wins easily. Why did anyone think that playing Georgia in Atlanta would present a problem for a team that had already won in Tuscaloosa?

ADVERTISEMENT