ADVERTISEMENT

If Meyer is such a great pitching coach...

Bigger_Stronger_Faster

Aug 6, 2011
why do all of our pitchers give up long balls?
It has happened over, and over, and over again this season...just like the past few seasons but worse.

i would love to see Tanner clean house...but i seriously doubt Meyer is teaching pitchers to groove fastball down the middle of the plate...sometimes pitchers lose their control under pressure...Collie Bowers just grooved one like reagan did earlier

Why is a program that has supposedly recruited so well going to be left with such a bare bullpen next year?

Reactions: uscalumni
Sometimes a pitcher just misses the target and it's grand slam time. It does seem like we have missed a lot of targets this year and it has been ugly.

JM use of pitching gives the appearance of wasted scholarships. Just have 7 pitchers and use others for positions. I know this isn't reasonable but a case can be made using JM as a coach

Reactions: Bosscock
The thing I've never liked about our pitching Coach is he OVERPITCHES a few favorites (to the point they develop arm problems (Hempy) then he never develops anyone else, so a squad with 15+ pitchers only has a handful that get to pitch.

He did that last time, and he's still doing it.
Bingo. It's not that we don't have the arms, we just don't use them. We were supposed to have the best staff in the SEC (if not the nation) coming into the year....not just the best starting rotation (that was UF). Don't think we've seen half the arms we were supposed to have.

Reactions: Bosscock and CAIN#
The thing I've never liked about our pitching Coach is he OVERPITCHES a few favorites (to the point they develop arm problems (Hempy) then he never develops anyone else, so a squad with 15+ pitchers only has a handful that get to pitch.

Exactly. He also used to have no problem letting starters throw 130 pitches if the game was going well until Crowe got hurt and had tommy johns. Hes cut back a little on pitch counts but you're right though. He only uses a handful of guys so next year we have a bunch of inexperienced guys to rely on with exception of Hill.

Reactions: IrmoRed and CAIN#
I could tell after 8 BALLS in a row Bowers didn't have his stuff. Parke came in and performed, after the fact.
Colie should have been pulled after the second walk. Even I knew that!
This was described as a VIG(game)...yet coaches balked the percentages and lost all sense of rational reasoning.
Unacceptable.

JM has had us in the top 3. Usually number 1 in the SEC for nearly every year of his tenure.

We are always the top pitching and fielding team in the SEC. The problem is that since CH took over as hitting coach we are one of the worst teams in the league in hitting and one thee worst in the nation for timely hitting. We have also lost all swagger and now hope to win rather than expect it..

Reactions: USCBIRDS
Jerry Meyer's is one of the
why do all of our pitchers give up long balls?
It has happened over, and over, and over again this season...just like the past few seasons but worse.
Because after the starting weekend rotation and Johnson, we are average at best out of the bullpen especially. Reagan and Bowers are local kids who were lightly recruited If at all. Meyers has developed them to their potential. I do agree that he leans on a select few year after year. With Johnson out and then limited we are going to struggle to close games. Maybe it's time for a change because we do need to develop more arms.

THIS! Well said and spot on.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT