ADVERTISEMENT

If Michigan were to fire Harbaugh, you think he’d come here?

sickoftryingtothinkofausername

Oct 29, 2008
Hear me out on this.... because Nevada always seemed to be the late Thursday night game, I watched pretty much all of Colin Kaeoernick’s college career. I always felt he was an average, definitely underachiever QB. Yet he gets to the NFL under Jim Harbaugh and suddenly he’s a starting QB in the Superbowl. If there’s a coach that can develop and immediately win with Doty, it’s Harbaugh. They’re (Michigan) are now going to OT with Rutgers, I can’t see him being there next year.

Hear me out on this.... because Nevada always seemed to be the late Thursday night game, I watched pretty much all of Colin Kaeoernick’s college career. I always felt he was an average, definitely underachiever QB. Yet he gets to the NFL under Jim Harbaugh and suddenly he’s a starting QB in the Superbowl. If there’s a coach that can develop and immediately win with Doty, it’s Harbaugh. They’re (Michigan) are now going to OT with Rutgers, I can’t see him being there next year.
That is not a reason to hire a coach- because they might develop one player who will be here for 3-4 more years max? No... You hire the guy you think can build a winning program for the long term. I don’t know if Harbaugh could or not but I completely reject this myopic mindset for the reason to consider him.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
That is not a reason to hire a coach- because they might develop one player who will be here for 3-4 more years max? No... You hire the guy you think can build a winning program for the long term. I don’t know if Harbaugh could or not but I completely reject this myopic mindset for the reason to consider him.

if Spurrier had attempted to recruit another Connor Shaw, and showed the recruit his success with Shaw as evidence why that recruit should come here, chances are very good that he would’ve got that recruit. Instead, Spurrier was generally a lazy recruiter who went with a “next man up” mentality. And so we got Dylan Thompson, who was pretty much the polar opposite of Connor Shaw. If Harbaugh were to come here and have the kind of success he had with Kaepernick,it wouldn’t just be about the 3-4 years that Doty was here.

i just want to see Jimmy bounce Pete Finebum off his knee.

Zero chance he comes to SC tho. I doubt Michigan fires him.

The goal is not to hire a coach who was just fired or had a crapy season that he end up resigning...

We are buying a winning coach!!!

If you cant win at michigan you cant win at USC!! just like muschamp at florida......

He won big at Stanford. It’s not the same as Muschamp. Harbaugh has won everywhere. He’s even won at Michigan...he just hasn’t beaten Ohio State. Nobody has really outside of Clemson and a few upsets. Harbaugh is a good coach. Michigan was really bad when he took over. They’re having a rough year as a few other B1G teams are.

Have close friends who are Big Blue fans. They have never liked him. Their program continues to decline.

if Spurrier had attempted to recruit another Connor Shaw, and showed the recruit his success with Shaw as evidence why that recruit should come here, chances are very good that he would’ve got that recruit. Instead, Spurrier was generally a lazy recruiter who went with a “next man up” mentality. And so we got Dylan Thompson, who was pretty much the polar opposite of Connor Shaw. If Harbaugh were to come here and have the kind of success he had with Kaepernick,it wouldn’t just be about the 3-4 years that Doty was here.
Regardless of the success he has, it does not change the length of time Doty can stay. Dylan Thompson had the best statistical season a QB has ever had in the history of our program the one year her got to start. I am afraid none of your points are making sense. We fell off after Shaw graduated not because of Thompson, we fell off because our defense was terrible when Whammy took over.

And if you have watched his production, or lack of, at a shingle school that can recruit with anybody, over his years at Michigan, why would you think he would be the answer in Columbia? We have already tried that experiment. Hiring a coach that was a failure at a recruiting magnet. His name was Will Muschamp

Fortunately for us, No! Who would leave Michigan for Us? He’ll be back in the nfl as King said.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT