ADVERTISEMENT

If Muschamp is not fired by Monday night

If Muschamp isn't fired after this, we deserve to lose. Can't believe he will be here for 2-3 more years because of his buyout. Just shut the football program down, what a joke.

If Muschamp wants to save his career he will fire the hell out of his DC and OC! Then get the checkbook out and hire top notch replacements. The Clemson model. Dabo isn't half the coach Muschamp is but, his staff is as good as any!
dabo may or may not be but he is a players coach, the players and recruits love him and that is part of coaching

And here come the usual clowns that come out the next day after a terrible loss to tell us to be better fans, and support Will Muschamp no matter what. What a joke.

Friend, how long have you been a Gamecock fan? Don’t you realize this is just a normal season. It really would be a joke if we fired him now. The uninformed never have an answer but to fire the coach. It’s pretty stupid to think Will is the problem. Since you have not been around here long enough to know, the SC football problems go deeper than the head football coach, athletic director and even the school president. It’s not going to change. So, rather than thinking the sky is falling, why don’t you select another team to pull for. Clemson is right up the road and they are an elite program. Something SC will never be.

Last edited:
dabo may or may not be but he is a players coach, the players and recruits love him and that is part of coaching

Is there any evidence that our players don't like Muschamp? I don't have that perception. Nick Saban comes across as very strict and stern but they say his players respect and love him. Dabo does seem to be a likable guy, but Muschamp seems ok also. Just different personalities. From a players perspective fairness in how they are treated is more important than their coach being their buddy.

Fire Muschamp and make Bobby Bentley the interim coach with the opportunity to win the job based on the results.

Bobby wouldn't command a huge salary either so that's a win for us.

If anything, I can almost guarantee that we would see a major change offensively if we did that.

Reactions: A_F_Deerhunter
Friend, how long have you been a Gamecock fan? Don’t you realize this is just a normal season. It really would be a joke if we fired him now. The uninformed never have an answer but to fire the coach. It’s pretty stupid to think Will is the problem. Since you have not been around here long enough to know, the SC football problems go deeper than the head football coach, athletic director and even the school president. It’s not going to change. So, rather than thinking the sky is falling, why don’t you select another team to pull for. Clemson is right up the road and they are an elite program. Something SC will never be.
No no you're right, don't fire Muschamp just accept the completely incompetent coaching because we can't possibly do better Eyeroll what a losing attitude

And there ya go.

There is a faction, including most of the youngsters posting on this free message board, that believe we rose to the upper echelon of college football by virtue of the 11-3's and that we should be able to maintain that. They base this on the mantra "Spurrier showed IT could be done here."

He dd not. He showed that HE, after 5-6 years, could do "it" here. HE. One of the top five greatest college football coaches in history. AFTER 5-6 years.

The Spurriers are VERY few and far between. VERY.

You have obviously followed our football and sports programs over a time period roughly equivalent to the time I have.

And here's the the thing. I love the football program anyway; always have. I get frustrated, angry, disappointed for sure. Always have. But I don't need the football program to be "elite" for me to still love it. Right now I still believe in Muschamp (right now), and don't give two shites what the screeching chimpanzees think, because I bear witness to our program history. Sparky Woods, Brad Scott, they were one thing; the end of their line was pretty stark and obvious. Muschamp ain't there yet, and to my eye has a "long term" vibe on him. The chimps are quick to point out that he was fired at Florida, but leave out that some of the fan base, their president, and some of the donors have since PUBLICLY stated they may have been a bit hasty.

Got to do something in the coordinator department though. These guys are not producing, either on the field or on signing day.

Reactions: Cock In Space
No need to bring any kind of facts into this.....totally uncalled for......just ask the sunshine pumpers...
Saw where a poster in some thread alluded to Joe Rice putting together a buyout...anyone else hearing similar comments?

Muschamp ain't there yet, and to my eye has a "long term" vibe on him. The chimps are quick to point out that he was fired at Florida, but leave out that some of the fan base, their president, and some of the donors have since PUBLICLY stated they may have been a bit hasty.

Got to do something in the coordinator department though. These guys are not producing, either on the field or on signing day.

Not true at all. Yes some really liked him personally but realized he wasn’t cut out for the job. Most think it was a year too late and should’ve been fired at the Ga Southern loss in year 3. The honest truth is he failed over and over on the offensive side of the ball and contrary to popular belief still hasn’t learned from his mistakes. He has never finished a season ranked, lost to a FCS program, never had a top 25 offense, made horrible decisions hiring coordinators and currently is sitting at .500 in conference play for his career. If you think Muschamp has a long term vibe then how long is long term?

And what games will we be winning with Muschamp as coach? Just lost by 20 points to a Tennessee team that lost to Georgia State at home.
If Ray Tanner doesn't step in, identify the problems and see they are corrected, we will not likely have much success.

And there ya go.

There is a faction, including most of the youngsters posting on this free message board, that believe we rose to the upper echelon of college football by virtue of the 11-3's and that we should be able to maintain that. They base this on the mantra "Spurrier showed IT could be done here."

He dd not. He showed that HE, after 5-6 years, could do "it" here. HE. One of the top five greatest college football coaches in history. AFTER 5-6 years.

You have obviously followed our football and sports programs over a time period roughly equivalent to the time I have.

And here's the the thing. I love the football program anyway; always have. I get frustrated, angry, disappointed for sure. Always have. But I don't need the football program to be "elite" for me to still love it. Right now I still believe in Muschamp (right now), and don't give two shites what the screeching chimpanzees think, because I bear witness to our program history. Sparky Woods, Brad Scott, they were one thing; the end of their line was pretty stark and obvious. Muschamp ain't there yet, and to my eye has a "long term" vibe on him. The chimps are quick to point out that he was fired at Florida, but leave out that some of the fan base, their president, and some of the donors have since PUBLICLY stated they may have been a bit hasty.

As one of those screaming monkeys, I suggest you go back and re-evaluate Muschamp’s successes and failures. Me thinks your a wee bit delusional. Or perhaps you’re Will incognito. Or maybe...just maybe...you’re right and everyone else is wrong. If the latter is the case, you’ll just feel sorry for me and ignore my poor simple ignorance.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
No no you're right, don't fire Muschamp just accept the completely incompetent coaching because we can't possibly do better Eyeroll what a losing attitude

Who you going to hire?
And there ya go.

Thanks for the upvote my friend. A little of what I was saying was somewhat joking. But you and I have seen this program for a long time. Like you, I do not need my college to have a great football team. You know how much fun this past GA game was? I will bet you do. Those wins have, through the years, been worth the wait. Think about what we have. Alabama came to visit, Clemson comes to visit. We get to play in storied stadiums. Do you remember the ACC days, or the independent days? I will take NOW over those.

The SC coach I have liked the most was Holtz. I loved his humor. We should be honored to play the SEC venues. Prior to a Tennessee game at Neyland, Holtz was interviewed. He was asked about Carolinas dismal record. “ Why is your record so bad in Knoxville “ he was asked. Lou said it was because every time they came there they had to play Tennessee.

Bentley and WM aren't exactly best buddies. BB is OUT OF HERE after 2019 season is over. Count on that! Unless WM is fired, BB will not return, and maybe not even then?

Anyone that thinks WM is the answer for a guy that can lead USC to a regular 8-9 win team annually, I've got some swamp land for sale. He didn't win at UF, he doesn't have a CLUE when hiring coordinators, and his only consistent is the inconsistency in his week to week ups and downs on the field!

We all know Muschamp won't be fired for 2 more years, but by then it will be far too late, and we will be at the same position we were when Spurrier quit for the next coach, and we start this process over again. We don't do what it takes to win so we are stuck with mediocrity. Every season is a "rebuilding" year, just wait till next year! By now you just have to realize it ain't happening here and probably never will.

I see people on Twitter saying Muschamp is on the hot seat, they must not know our AD, Muschamp's seat isn't even close to warm, probably get another extension. Muschamp's seat is 100% safe and everyone knows it, which is problem #1, no accountability.

What experienced coordinator is going to come to have Muschamp micromanage them? I promise you that it was not B-Macs idea to run the same running play three straight times on the goal line at UGA and four straight times on the goal line at UT. Muschamp takes this "Be hard-headed about the run and depend on your defense" to the extreme.

Well, it was doomed. Anyone who didn't see that very afternoon that we were nothing special was in the prongs of self-delusion.

Many of us said prior to the first game that the season hinged on the UNC game. If we won that game, we could go on to have a decent season. If we lost that game, it would be a 3-4 win type season. Now, I would not have predicted one of those 3 wins to be UGA but that's what we're getting nonetheless.

Many of us said prior to the first game that the season hinged on the UNC game. If we won that game, we could go on to have a decent season. If we lost that game, it would be a 3-4 win type season. Now, I would not have predicted one of those 3 wins to be UGA but that's what we're getting nonetheless.
Bet you weren't counting on losing to Mizzou and Tennessee, either. Well, neither was I.

Wait...you said Dabo isn't half the coach Muskrat is...seriously? Muskrat was handed the keys to one of the top 5 jobs in the nation and crashed it. Dabo took over a not so good Clemson team and has won 2 titles. Muskrat ain't crap. Never has been and never will be. We were literally the only idiotic school willing to hire the idiot. Its really working out. Listen to his post games. He will literally tell you what they should have done DURING THE GAME but didn't. He's pathetic. Dabo is 100x the coach this joke is.
I think his point is, and it's been said many times, that Dabo was smart enough to surround himself with great assistant coaches that make him look amazing. I suspect the same could be true for a majority of the head coaches out there. The Steve Spurriers, Urban Meyers, and Nick Sabans of the world, actual football geniuses, are few and far between.

Not my job, but if you think Muschamp is the savior of Gamecock football, and all he need is a few more years, you're delusional.

And, if you think firing Muschamp and the entire staff along with Ray will fix anything about Carolina football, you are delusional, and I might add stupid.

You should really read my posts more carefully. The bottom line is this: firing Will and company will only give us another round of “ Hope and change.” It will not solve one thing. I guess you are way too uninformed to understand what I mean. I would explain it to you but you are not capable of understanding what I mean.

I think his point is, and it's been said many times, that Dabo was smart enough to surround himself with great assistant coaches that make him look amazing. I suspect the same could be true for a majority of the head coaches out there. The Steve Spurriers, Urban Meyers, and Nick Sabans of the world, actual football geniuses, are few and far between.
Success in competitive team sports is, has been, and always will be about getting the right people together.

I wasn't a fan of Dabo and still believe he is a snake oil salesman but the man is brilliant. He has succeeded at every business venture he has attempted. Gamecock fans think he is a cheerleading clown when nothing could be further from the truth. He's a winner. He's positive. He is the anti muskrat.

I wasn't a fan of Dabo and still believe he is a snake oil salesman but the man is brilliant. He has succeeded at every business venture he has attempted. Gamecock fans think he is a cheerleading clown when nothing could be further from the truth. He's a winner. He's positive. He is the anti muskrat.

Disagree with the snake oil salesman bit, but you're dead on in that Dabo is a winner.

Reactions: A_F_Deerhunter
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT