ADVERTISEMENT

If South Carolina does not make the tourney

trucheck

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
We could be the first 11 win sec team not to make it (along with one or two more)

If I remember correctly, we were one of the first 10 win sec teams not to make it.

Does anyone know if any 11 win sec teams did not make the NCAA's?

And first 24 win team from a Power 5 conference to miss the cut I think.

That Francis Marion win is not helping us right either...

ESPN had us as having a 296th ranked OOC schedule, so the more games we lost in conference the more glaring a stat that became. Now we sit & wait to see if we'll make the field.

ESPN had us as having a 296th ranked OOC schedule, so the more games we lost in conference the more glaring a stat that became. Now we sit & wait to see if we'll make the field.
The fact that out conference is rated so low doesn't help either. Someone posted a link showing the SEC as the 6th rated conference....geesh, never thought it would be that low.

Reactions: gamecockblack

The RPI has our strength of schedule of 268. St John's and Memphis being as bad as they have been has hurt us. That and the SEC on the aggregate has a lower rpi because we share the same geographic area as the worst conferences.

Reactions: gamecockblack
If we don't get in, you can blame the atrocious out of conference schedule rank of 270...

CBS sports has us out yahoo has last 4 in but not safe yet. That poor non conference killing us. I thought 2 years ago Frank said he would schedule tougher. We dragged down the conference rating. I might be mistaken but seem to remember that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT