ADVERTISEMENT

If team happens to lose to Vandy

on Saturday, I definitely would not want to be Beamer.

Ya know, just like everyone else, I had the Vandy game circled as a W back in July. Well, now it's November and not knocking, just saying, I'm not so sure anymore.

Yes, they are on a 4 game losing streak but they only lost to Mizzou by a Field Goal, and that was an away game. By the way, the other 4 of their 5 losses have been to Top 20 Teams.

Yes, their losses have been by blowouts, but in their victories, they have shown that they are also capable of scoring points ... big points.

We're playing in Nashville, this will be Vandy's first home game in a month and while the Road has not been very friendly to us, what really has me concerned, is the Commodores have had the last 2 weeks to think about nothing else but that 4 game losing streak, the heartbreaking loss to Mizzou and getting ready to play us.

Last edited:
Reactions: eds11
Ya know, just like everyone else, I had the Vandy game circled as a W back in July. Well, now it's November and not knocking, just saying, I'm not so sure anymore.

Yes, they are on a 4 game losing streak but they only lost to Mizzou by a Field Goal, and that was an away game. By the way, the other 4 of their 5 losses have been to Top 20 Teams.

Yes, their losses have been by blowouts, but in their victories, they have shown that they are also capable of scoring points ... big points.

We're playing in Nashville, this will be their first home game in a month and while the Road has not been very friendly to us, what really has me concerned, is the Commodores have had the last 2 weeks to think about nothing else but that 4 game losing streak, the heartbreaking loss to Mizzou and getting ready to play us.
Let's churn over losing to Vandy if it happens. Don't ruin the whole week by anticipating that. 🤣

Boo!! Your welcome.
“Boo!!”? Don’t come out here half steppin’.

The first time I went to our infirmary the doctor gave me a script….I said “Dr. This ain’t gonna do it”…..he then gave me a stronger script.

Second time I went in, they put me in isolation 😳……. It was the week before exams…….fwiw, I don’t know if they put a poster up in the woman’s quad.😂

The moral of this story…….I need the good stuff!

“Boo!!”? Don’t come out here half steppin’.

The first time I went to our infirmary the doctor gave me a script….I said “Dr. This ain’t gonna do it”…..he then gave me a stronger script.

Second time I went in, they put me in isolation 😳……. It was the week before exams…….fwiw, I don’t know if they put a poster up in the woman’s quad.😂

The moral of this story…….I need the good stuff!
Sorry, best I could do. Darn this inflation.

I haven’t read all of the comments in this thread, so this might be repetitiv.e.
Regarding the loss to Missouri:
We have recruited better and have the more talented roster.
Our ol was dominated And it looked as though Missouri knew our plays…….in other words we were scouted and our tendencies known.
Our Qb didn’t have much chance to stay in the pocket and let plays develop. Thus, unfortunately, he has to make things happen with his legs,
Defense was porous and allowed Missouri to keep the ball way too long
Bottom line to me is we were outcoached. The Missouri staff hasn't been together any longer than ours, I believe. We won a couple of games and we thought that we were better than we actually are.

A loss to Vandy will be sobering. Anything less than a 10 point win will be disappointing to me.

Reactions: Cockytalk84
I haven’t read all of the comments in this thread, so this might be repetitiv.e.
Our ol was dominated And it looked as though Missouri knew our plays…….in other words we were scouted and our tendencies known.
Our Qb didn’t have much chance to stay in the pocket and let plays develop. Thus, unfortunately, he has to make things happen with his legs,
Bottom line to me is we were outcoached. The Missouri staff hasn't been together any longer than ours, I believe. We won a couple of games and we thought that we were better than we actually are.

A loss to Vandy will be sobering. Anything less than a 10 point win will be disappointing to me.
I'm not sold on any of these coach's except special teams especially OC

We're playing in Nashville, this will be Vandy's first home game in a month and while the Road has not been very friendly to us, what really has me concerned, is the Commodores have had the last 2 weeks to think about nothing else but that 4 game losing streak, the heartbreaking loss to Mizzou and getting ready to play us.
Any gamecock fan circling any game as a win hasn't been a fan for long.....js

Any gamecock fan circling any game as a win hasn't been a fan for long.....js

Peer pressure, my friend, peer pressure. Same reason I started smoking dope and drinking shine back in 1967...... Somebody said, "C'mon whacha afraid of?" So, I became a Sunshine Pumper.

My first game was vs Iowa St @ "Carolina Stadium" a 40K aluminum oval. Half full. Mike Fair, the QB, Warren Muir, an Army transfer RB, Fred Zeigler, WR, Toy McCord DB and of coarse, Pesodent Paul Deitzel, head personality. We used to hang out at South Tower on Sunday mornings, watching the PD Gamecock show, just hoping to meet ladies interested in USC football.

Later in life, I got Generous Electric to match my donations to the University and did the Full Scholarship scam, to get better seats, for about 20 years.

So, I gotta admit, a wannabee I was and an alumnus I am. You're RIGHT!!! It seems like I became a Fan yesterday.

Yawn. Lol. Jump right in with a 2 page report on something you haven’t read. Could have started your own post. 🐟🐟🐟. Btw. I did not read the others either. Or yours.

0% chance this offense wins in the swamp. They might beat us 3-0
Oh, let's go play and see what happens. It could be more fun than you expect. Beating A&M isn't such a big deal these days, but losing to Arkansas looks terrible. Losing to Mizzou just gained additional suckage. But who knows what can happen in this crazy league right now?

Good win on the road. From a stat perspective, the game was pretty much a wash. The difference was probably those 2 turnovers, playing aggressively and taking advantage of better overall talent.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT