ADVERTISEMENT

If the season begins

The Defender

Feb 7, 2020
with no fans in attendance let me say it will be it will rank up there with one of the stupidest moments in history, ever. So we are to believe its safe for football players to grab each other, sweat on each other, bleed on one another, snot, spit on each other but fans sitting in the grandstands is a no no? It breaks the meter on the stupidity scale.

Reactions: lawcalcock
If schools play it won’t last, the first time a player gets Covid a team will have to quarantine 14 days. The other schools won’t play them for fear of getting their students sick and if they test positive two days after a game the team they just played will quarantine. The school is also assuming that the football players will agree to play with a risk of getting sick and their family sick. If they are forced to play to keep a scholarship and they get sick then the lawsuits will be coming and fast. It’s just ugly. It’s not a business (haha) so forcing a player on the field is going to be problematic.

If schools play it won’t last, the first time a player gets Covid a team will have to quarantine 14 days. The other schools won’t play them for fear of getting their students sick and if they test positive two days after a game the team they just played will quarantine. The school is also assuming that the football players will agree to play with a risk of getting sick and their family sick. If they are forced to play to keep a scholarship and they get sick then the lawsuits will be coming and fast. It’s just ugly. It’s not a business (haha) so forcing a player on the field is going to be problematic.
Sadly,I think you’re right.Just read an article stating a major risk factor for a young adult to get seriously ill-ICU admission ill-is obesity.Big old linemen snorting away on the line of scrimmage-just 1 getting really sick would be a disaster for college football in general,not just for his team.Hope that doesn’t happen,but is a risk.

Reactions: Spursupalways
Either you continue life as it was or create some scared to touch each other society. Flu kills and it's contagious, a heart problem can kill you, severe asthmatic condition can kill, allergies can kill and so on and so on. You either take the risk or stay hidden somewhere.

Either you continue life as it was or create some scared to touch each other society. Flu kills and it's contagious, a heart problem can kill you, severe asthmatic condition can kill, allergies can kill and so on and so on. You either take the risk or stay hidden somewhere.
Agreed

Two months ago, everyone said dine in restaurants wouldn’t be open at all. It would be carry out until a vaccine was created. It is still 3 months before the start of football season. I think you will be shocked at the current narrative at that time.

Reactions: Cola G'Cock
with no fans in attendance let me say it will be it will rank up there with one of the stupidest moments in history, ever. So we are to believe its safe for football players to grab each other, sweat on each other, bleed on one another, snot, spit on each other but fans sitting in the grandstands is a no no? It breaks the meter on the stupidity scale.
It's easier to test a team than 80k fans.

At some point the madness must stop and we will have to let people live their damn lives again. There is no way to completely stop or cure this virus unless we get a viable vaccine-simply not living our lives for potentially years until we get that vaccine (IF we ever do) is pure insanity. It already has been insanity- pointless economic suicide. If we continue to let fear of a virus that is not nearly as deadly as we were lead to believe control us, none of us will ever see normal lives again. If they are going to play they need to just give up on all this Bs and let fans in the stands. As we have done since the dawn of time- allow people to make up their own minds about what risk is acceptable to us as individuals. If you are too scared to go to a game, stay home! If you think it is ok to go, then go! Period. Nothing else makes any sense.

At some point the madness must stop and we will have to let people live their damn lives again. There is no way to completely stop or cure this virus unless we get a viable vaccine-simply not living our lives for potentially years until we get that vaccine (IF we ever do) is pure insanity. It already has been insanity- pointless economic suicide. If we continue to let fear of a virus that is not nearly as deadly as we were lead to believe control us, none of us will ever see normal lives again. If they are going to play they need to just give up on all this Bs and let fans in the stands. As we have done since the dawn of time- allow people to make up their own minds about what risk is acceptable to us as individuals. If you are too scared to go to a game, stay home! If you think it is ok to go, then go! Period. Nothing else makes any sense.
Yes sir, Especially with a 98% recovery rate.

A player has never been "forced" on the field.

A player has never been "forced" on the field.
It is a silly notion... Someone was talking like that in another thread recently. Most of these kids would run through a brick wall for a chance to get on that field and prove themselves to the NFL. Nobody is forcing them to do it, and quite often doctors and coaches have to force them NOT TO go back out there even despite health concerns.

Yes sir, Especially with a 98% recovery rate.
At LEAST 98%! With estimates of how many people have caught it and never had a symptom, been tested or diagnosed... We really have no clue about death rates or numbers of any fashion. We did all this without any idea of what was going on and that makes all of it even dumber- it is just fear. I do not live my life in fear. I am also no fool- taking precautions to keep yourself safe while you live your life= reasonable. Seat belts are a good example right? Putting my whole life on hold without an end in sight because of a disease I might Well catch but am highly unlikely to die from? No thanks.

Reactions: The Defender
I dont know if they will be tested or not, even so they could be tested , not show a positive result and be a carrier.
That's true. It's gotta be a strange calculation - possible liability versus certainty of lost revenue. Without football, a lot of athletic depts will be crushed.

Reactions: The Defender
There is no sign whatsoever this virus is very lethal. Also the warm weather has bottomed out the infection rate. All this social distancing nonsense should end the first of June.

Reactions: Cybercock
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT