ADVERTISEMENT

If we assume Boom rights the ship given time,

legalsizecock

Gold Member
Aug 1, 2000
Then King's interception may well prove to be the play that saved his bacon.

Don't get me wrong; I am all for giving Boom time to work through this, but let's be honest. Without King's pick we very likely lose to La Tech, which portends a disastrous season, which kills recruiting, and, well, the rest is pretty obvious.

So, when Boom ultimately has the ship righted and we've again become a force in the SEC, he and all of us can thank the much-maligned Jamarcus King for turning not only the season, but perhaps Boom's head coaching career.

PS: forgive me as I was at the stadium and the replays were less than stellar. How close was King to that second pick along the sideline? Looked at least close from my seat in 418.

Seriously , he threw it right to King. The worst thing you want to do there is throw it away and kick the FG and go up 16-0. Really dumb.

King made a good jump on the pick, but I would hardly say he was the POG on defense. He was burned several times in the 1st half and missed on a couple of tackles. I would say the pick was more redemption than anything.

Players of the game imo:
Skai Moore
Ty'son Williams

PS: forgive me as I was at the stadium and the replays were less than stellar. How close was King to that second pick along the sideline? Looked at least close from my seat in 418.

He was DANG-CLOSE! I think (if memory serves) he lost possession going to the ground, and if he didn't have a foot in, it was barely out.

Hopefully that game gave King a lot of confidence because I think he's been lacking that ever since last year.

Many plays we don`t win without, including that one. Also August had a great catch to keep the drive going. Edwards` catch was spectacular. Ortre`s catch and yards after for TD got us on the board. Defense did allow drive at the end but at least they didn`t get 6 or game over. Jake`s scramble run and the throws he did make. Of course the FG. We had a lot of heroes to pull this one out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT