ADVERTISEMENT

If we beat Baylor...Who do you want to see next?

Poultry King

Sep 15, 2008
Wisc? Obviously a very good team to beat Villanova. But they have never played us...likely little scouting of us. Only 1 day to prep.

UF? Good team that took out UVA. But they know us well. They would have swagger as they beat us the last time we played?

I'd choose Wisconsin. I don't like having to play a team that knows us and our chinks in our armor as well as an SEC school would.

Thoughts?

Reactions: Bleedgarnet33
I think you're right about Wisc. If/when we beat Baylor, I think that would put us into the elite eight.
Karma will bite Baylor. What a corrupt school. They are supposed to be representing Christians.

Reactions: Bleedgarnet33
Absolutely Wisconsin. We're going to be better against new opponents that aren't used to our defense pressure. You just can't simulate it in practice. The gators are obviously used to it having played us twice already.

Reactions: 92Pony
Wisc? Obviously a very good team to beat Villanova. But they have never played us...likely little scouting of us. Only 1 day to prep.

UF? Good team that took out UVA. But they know us well. They would have swagger as they beat us the last time we played?

I'd choose Wisconsin. I don't like having to play a team that knows us and our chinks in our armor as well as an SEC school would.

Thoughts?
Wisconsin also but I'm having trouble taking my mind further than the Baylor game.

Reactions: chick75 and 92Pony
Heck i just wanna beat Baylor...Both Florida and Wisconsin are tough teams to play against..We know we can beat the Gators...We have done it..Wisconsin plays a freaky defense that's tough to manage...They would trouble us as much as we trouble them...But i guess i do prefer a team that hasn't played against us

Agree, Wisc. UF is VERY athletic and match up well with our toughness. Wisconsin has never felt our kind of pressure and with only one day to prepare after playing a very tough UF team, I definitely want Wisc.

Wisc's has been very good the last four years with lots of tournament experience... and they haven't forgotten their loss in the Sweet 16 last year. IMO they have better senior leadership and depth than UF. Given that we would have to play back to back days, I'd rather see UF in the second game. I think they would more likely be spent. Their style alone should almost guarantee it.

Reactions: DrMickey
Lets just beat the murderers/rapists & let the other settle itself out on Sunday.

Didn't you Baylor WBB coach Kim Mulkie? That's all media hogwash...She has recommended that Baylor fans punch journalists in the face and tell them to shut up...:eek:

If we beat Baylor, who do you want to see next?

Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

If we beat Baylor, I want to see St Peter next cause I know I have died and gone to heaven.

Thoughts?

I don't care, just beat Baylor first and the rest will take care of itself...

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
More-than-I-Deserve scenario? Beat Baylor.

Conscious scenario? Wisconsin.

One-week coma scenario? Xavier.

Two-week coma scenario? Michigan.

Reactions: DrMickey
If some how we beat Baylor (they are really good) I'd choose Wisconsin.

Only because Wisconsin isn't an athletic team. They play great team ball and with great chemistry, we'll coached etc but don't have those guys that can just jump through the ceiling for rebounds or blocks. That's the poison I'd pick if we were to beat Baylor

Yeah....Mostly good, but some toolish posts....Here's to us pulling a Nova or NC st.......We got players. ST May be the best in the NCAA.....!!..GO COCKS

Nervous was Sunday. We should all be loose. We will be louder than Baylor I can assure you.

Over on our board we want you guys to win...simply because most of us really like Martin and want the SEC to shut up the haters about hoops. Regardless, best of luck to you guys. http://www.gatorcountry.com/swampgas/threads/will-you-be-cheering-for-south-carolina.365577/

I'll be there and definitely pull for Florida in the 2nd game. If the 2 SEC fan bases gang up on the other 2, we should have 2 teams in the E8. Also, USC and Florida will have the most fans in attendance. While Wisconsin is also a school with a large alumni base, their grads are more likely to end up in Chicagoland and ours are more likely to end up in Greater New York, especially since USC has always had a lot of students from Jersey. I'm not sure where most out of state UF students are from, but I'd guess the NE, also. I'm expecting 4000-5000 Gamecock fans to be there.

Didn't you Baylor WBB coach Kim Mulkie? That's all media hogwash...She has recommended that Baylor fans punch journalists in the face and tell them to shut up...:eek:

I've disliked her ever since USC WBB played Louisiana Tech in 1981 and she was their point guard. I have a long memory.

Reactions: Gradstudent
ADVERTISEMENT