ADVERTISEMENT

If we had a few more hitters like Cortes, we could win it all. Is he the only stud in the country

psycock

Jan 20, 2001
that saw us win 2 NC`s, and play for a 3rd, and wanted to play for us? Seems like, as in football, we didn`t take advantage of our success when it comes to recruiting. I know baseball is different because of the draft, but it seems like our recruiting was mostly in-state guys. Nothing wrong with that necessarily but seems like we should have been able to get more studs after the 3 straight years playing for the NC. I know recruiting budget/scholarships are different in baseball, but we have 1 consistent great hitter and he is a freshman. We surely didn`t take advantage of the football success, but we obviously just didn`t try to recruit like some other schools. You have to hand it to Clemson unfortunately. It appears they are putting the pedal to the metal when it comes to recruiting, going after top player after top player, at the height of their success. I hope we won`t make the same mistakes in basketball - we need to go all out to try and capitalize on success the men and women had. What are other people`s thoughts on this. Surely there are more players out there that would have wanted to play for us like Cortes that are of his caliber. And please don`t call out individual players, I don`t think that helps, can only hurt. I`m talking big picture.

Everyone on our team is or was highly recruited. Cortes is the highest rated player we've ever signed tho so he's in a clas of his own with Walker, Bradley, Smoke, etc.

that saw us win 2 NC`s, and play for a 3rd, and wanted to play for us? Seems like, as in football, we didn`t take advantage of our success when it comes to recruiting. I know baseball is different because of the draft, but it seems like our recruiting was mostly in-state guys. Nothing wrong with that necessarily but seems like we should have been able to get more studs after the 3 straight years playing for the NC. I know recruiting budget/scholarships are different in baseball, but we have 1 consistent great hitter and he is a freshman. We surely didn`t take advantage of the football success, but we obviously just didn`t try to recruit like some other schools. You have to hand it to Clemson unfortunately. It appears they are putting the pedal to the metal when it comes to recruiting, going after top player after top player, at the height of their success. I hope we won`t make the same mistakes in basketball - we need to go all out to try and capitalize on success the men and women had. What are other people`s thoughts on this. Surely there are more players out there that would have wanted to play for us like Cortes that are of his caliber. And please don`t call out individual players, I don`t think that helps, can only hurt. I`m talking big picture.
Last year we had 8 players hitting over .300, this year only 1 right now. Many of which are the same players. Cortez is in his first year.

Thanks. I meant what round
Oh, sorry. 20th round.

Here's his credentials:
  • 2016 MLB Draft selection (20th round/New York Mets)
  • Rated No. 93 best overall prospect for the 2016 MLB Draft by D1Baseball
  • Rated No. 111 best overall prospect for the 2016 MLB Draft by MLB.com
  • Rated No. 128 best overall prospect for 2016 MLB Draft by Baseball America
  • Rated No. 18 best high school prospect in the nation by D1Baseball
  • Rated No. 23 best high school prospect in the nation by Perfect Game
  • Rated No. 31 best high school prospect in the nation by Baseball America
  • Rated No. 2 best high school prospect in the state of Florida by Perfect Game
  • Rated No. 8 best high school prospect in the state of Florida by Baseball America
  • 2016 Orlandon Sentinel All-Area team
  • As a senior in 2016, hit .395 with 19 runs scored and 17 RBI. Also had three saves.
  • Played in 2015 Perfect Game All-American Classic
  • Helped lead Oviedo HS to 2015 high school state championship
  • Played for Orlando Scorpions Prime AAU team
  • AAU team finished runner-up at 2014 WWBA World Championship
  • Named to 2014 National Underclass Showcase All-Prospect team

Reactions: sclawman77
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT