ADVERTISEMENT

If we win the Bowl and finish 8-5 ...

Your first sentence shows how little the game means outside the fan bases. Those accomplishments are what Dabo was selling to all those recruits that are now taking them to the CFP. Us beating them didn't sell as well to recruits.
I think the right recruiting approach by the right people would have sold it. That's what went wanting right in there, not what we had to sell. We ran into coaching staff degradation just after we peaked.

Reactions: rogue cock
I think the right recruiting approach by the right people would have sold it. That's what went wanting right in there, not what we had to sell. We ran into coaching staff degradation just after we peaked.
Agree. Either our coaches were lazy or poor salesmen. For most, I think it was both. It was just a crappy staff....spurrier should have given Muschamp whatever he wanted to come here.

Reactions: 92Pony
According to history A.

The history I site and blue print is the other in state guys, Clemson

Counting Dabo's interim as a year, his 3rd season as HC was 2010 and his Clemson team went 6-6 and played and lost to South Florida in the Meineke Car Care bowl in Charlotte, 31-26

Here we are year 3 in the Charlotte Bowl as well

It sure did not keep Dabo down from building his Clemson program

2011 Dabo went 10-4 and lost in the Orange bowl 70-33 W Va, but nothing bad ever stopped Dabo from his positive spin PR but that is kind of what it takes to build up

I brought up this 3rd year similarity to a Clemson co worker and it pissed him off, ;)

Reactions: rogue cock
but we've never even been that until Spurrier got here. The most wins we had as an SEC team before Holtz was 7. We were a perennial 5 to 6 wins a season. Holtz had 2(what we considered great at the time) decent seasons where we won 8 and 9 games(what we seem to be scoffing at now). After those 2 seasons he followed up with back to back 5 win seasons and a 6 win season his last here. Along comes Spurrier who pulls us out of the basement of the SEC but even he struggled to get us to win more than 7 games with one 8 win season in his first 5 years. Everything changed for us in 2010 when we won the East and won 9 games. We were spoiled from 2010 to 2014. We felt we had finally arrived where we should have been all along. Now expectations have changed and we have become critical over seasons we would have once been ecstatic about. I remember when the Carquest Bowl win was the pinnacle of our success. I even had a t-shirt. How embarrassing does that now seem? Muschamp has accomplished more in his first 3 seasons than any other coach. He's recruiting decently. Lets give him some time before we get down on him for only winning 7 or 8 games. He's in his 3rd year of a complete overhaul. The team has improved each year even if the win total hasn't. I think we're headed in the right direction but we'll never know if we pull the plug too soon.

Yeah a constant clash that I’ve seen on this board and everywhere else is old school fans vs new school fans. Like you said I remember watching the Carquest bowl and thinking it was the greatest thing ever . I remember getting Thrashed by LSU in the Gator Bowl and being thrilled just to get invited . Newer fans watched Spurrier consistently beat UGA , UT , Clemson , UF and now they expect it . Truth is .. love him or hate him Spurrier was a freak of nature . I think the old school guys are perfectly happy with 8-5 , 7-5 and the new school guys scoff at it . What makes it tough for the New school guys to swallow is , Dabo has created a football Dynasty 100 miles up the road in a cow pasture . If they can do it why can’t we . Not sure what the answer is .

The answer is an S with II through it ;)

I dont think its time to run him off just yet,he has done some good things and some not so good things.So far he has at least one game a season where it appears the team just lays down and quits, and at least twice a season they lose games they should win and so far they havnt won any that they should lose.I also strongly disagree with him not playing guys on the bench to get them sum playing time wen they should be out there and also his refusal to pull a struggling player if only for a few downs to settle down a bit.Im also not sold on some of the play calling and lack of tackling that sometimes appears and disappears out of nowhere.Overall he seems to be willing tonwork his butt off trying to recruit better players and get things turned around and I think he needs a little more time to do all things he wants to do_Overall he has made improvements even if they arent as fast as we would prefer.For me,the jury is still out

Yeah a constant clash that I’ve seen on this board and everywhere else is old school fans vs new school fans. Like you said I remember watching the Carquest bowl and thinking it was the greatest thing ever . I remember getting Thrashed by LSU in the Gator Bowl and being thrilled just to get invited . Newer fans watched Spurrier consistently beat UGA , UT , Clemson , UF and now they expect it . Truth is .. love him or hate him Spurrier was a freak of nature . I think the old school guys are perfectly happy with 8-5 , 7-5 and the new school guys scoff at it . What makes it tough for the New school guys to swallow is , Dabo has created a football Dynasty 100 miles up the road in a cow pasture . If they can do it why can’t we . Not sure what the answer is .
no, us old schoolers would love to unseat cu and win sec championships...we cant do it by changing coaches and looking for another sos and even he got lucky with latt and clowney and others....i just think patience is key here as they lay the foundation...some of our newer fans think that its all a matter of finding the magic coach....and off we go to sec championships and national championships.....hmm wonder why everybody doesnt do that? i honestly think champ will be the guy if we give him the time....we have had nobody that ever worked harder at it....give the man time

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT