ADVERTISEMENT

If you believe Larry Williams

MANAFOLD

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2004
Clemson is loaded at every position on the team. Have red him on the QB situation and he seems to think any of the four competing for the starter position should be able to make the offense very potent even with the loss of a guy named Watson. The receivers are nine deep and all can spell the likes of Williams, Scott and Legette. He claims the O line is the best ever with veterans like Morris Maverick providing valuable veteran back up experience, a guy who has maybe played four downs in three years, of course the defensive front is billed as the best in the country, he talks about a couple of five star linebackers being all world no matter they haven't played hardly a down yet, the defensive backs are three deep and Venables can just roll them in and out. Hardly no mention about special teams and the kicking game but with all the above arsenal of power maybe they aren't needed.

Sure is a lot of big talking in Pickens pre season. If they lose five this year it might defuse the euphoria somewhat but I doubt it.

Total panic will set in if Auburn rolls into the land of Orange balloons and sliding boards and hangs a big arse cuttin on the Taters.

Reactions: Lakecock1
Good stuff I cant remember if it was Larry Williams or Chris Ard that spun the day Robert Nkemdiche switched to Ole Miss that he had inside information and ESPN, CBS etc were all wrong and he was still a firm with Clemson.
I even had a few of their fans argue with me that ESPN was biased and he was sill firm with Clemson etc etc....they paid for that disinfo too

Reactions: andypants
tumblr_inline_mu0133s9Tv1roj9wu.jpg

About Nkimdiche, one figure Clemson felt they had the bidding contest won on this one. Hugh just decided he needed to dig a little deeper.

As far as his prognostication for this years Clemson team, he waxes a bit poetic, but only a fool would deny the stockpile of talent they have accumulated. Folks talk about how great Auburn is going to be, but we seem to hear that every year, and then they aren't nearly as good as advertised. That leaves CU with two games they might lose. FSU and Louisville. One at home, one on the road. Clemson won't be quite as good as last year just because they can't truly replace Watson. But I don't see them losing more than two games. Too much talent.

Clemson is loaded at every position on the team. Have red him on the QB situation and he seems to think any of the four competing for the starter position should be able to make the offense very potent even with the loss of a guy named Watson. The receivers are nine deep and all can spell the likes of Williams, Scott and Legette. He claims the O line is the best ever with veterans like Morris Maverick providing valuable veteran back up experience, a guy who has maybe played four downs in three years, of course the defensive front is billed as the best in the country, he talks about a couple of five star linebackers being all world no matter they haven't played hardly a down yet, the defensive backs are three deep and Venables can just roll them in and out. Hardly no mention about special teams and the kicking game but with all the above arsenal of power maybe they aren't needed.

Sure is a lot of big talking in Pickens pre season. If they lose five this year it might defuse the euphoria somewhat but I doubt it.

Total panic will set in if Auburn rolls into the land of Orange balloons and sliding boards and hangs a big arse cuttin on the Taters.

Ahhh, it's August again and Manafold's shrill predictions of double digit USC wins and Clemson's imminent collapse are showing up right on time. Fortunately, he sited the author of the article he summarized, or I wouldn't have known what the hell he was talking about. We all know what August is like right? Everyone is undefeated and the possibilities of greatness are there for everyone if there are a few bounces that simply go "our" way. I think you could look at every rivals site (including this one) and see some of this pre season optimism.
Anyway, let's look at Manafold's post and interject some reality into what he's spouting.

Clemson is loaded at every position.

Nope. Clemson has a LOT of talent on the roster, no doubt. Recruiting has been really good the past few years and from a simple "star" perspective can trot out a top 10 or 15 team. But there are serious questions at DB, Safety, RB, TE, and of course QB. So Clemson fans THINK we have answers here, but no one will KNOW until the season starts.

Have red him on the QB situation and he seems to think any of the four competing for the starter position should be able to make the offense very potent even with the loss of a guy named Watson.

Anyone who thinks any of these guys is going to fill Watson's shoes is crazy. That's not going to happen. However, there's a 5-star and 3 4-star guys competing for a shot. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect ONE of these guys to step up and do a good job.

The receivers are nine deep and all can spell the likes of Williams, Scott and Legette.

Yep, he said that. And FWIW, I agree. Clemson will be playing 3 deep guys at all 3 WR positions. The only guy who isn't a 4-star or higher is Renfrow. The only question is can Clemson get them the ball?

He claims the O line is the best ever

Well, the best since 2006 anyway and with some actual depth. Yep.

Of course the defensive front is billed as the best in the country

Yep, he said that. Don't know if I agree, but they should be REALLY good.

He talks about a couple of five star linebackers being all world no matter they haven't played hardly a down yet

Not sure what he's talking about here. Lamar is starting at MLB and he was a 5-star guy. But he had over 120 snaps last year (behind BB). He's had a good fall camp and Clemson feels like he's going to be a good one. Our other LB started for us last year and was a 3-star out of high school. The only other 5-star LB is Shaq Smith and he's coming off a RS season and is currently competing with Chad Smith for 2nd/3rd team reps.

The defensive backs are three deep and Venables can just roll them in and out.

Have NO IDEA what he's talking about here. I suspect it was a bad day for Manafold to stop sniffing glue. Clemson has SERIOUS questions at CB (especially at boundary). So much so that a couple of the WRs have been taking snaps there.

So like most talented teams w/o an established QB, Clemson feels fairly good about the season. QB is the most important spot on the field. If things go well here, the sky is the limit. If not, 4 losses is not a bad prediction.

Why do so many on this board worry so much about Clemson? We have a football team that is undefeated right now like everyone else, and there's a ton of stuff to talk about with our team. Who gives a f***
what the" finger up the butt gang" is doing or what some jerkoff reporter who probably never played a sport in his life thinks about em

If my team (USC) just won the National Title I would be talking smack as well.
He's SUPPOSED to be a journalist covering Clemson... they aren't SUPPOSED to be his guys. I mean, I'm not stupid... I know where he works.

If my team (USC) just won the National Title I would be talking smack as well.

None of the Columbia guys would. There would still be negative pieces in the state.
Of course I can see right through this homer act but I swear sometimes I wish our local media would paint a glass half full picture.

Reactions: andypants
The fan boy media @ Clemson is always in a defensive mode because they think nobody respects them but they feel they are better than everyone else in college football.

Reactions: FORKCOCK
Ahhh, it's August again and Manafold's shrill predictions of double digit USC wins and Clemson's imminent collapse are showing up right on time. Fortunately, he sited the author of the article he summarized, or I wouldn't have known what the hell he was talking about. We all know what August is like right? Everyone is undefeated and the possibilities of greatness are there for everyone if there are a few bounces that simply go "our" way. I think you could look at every rivals site (including this one) and see some of this pre season optimism.
Anyway, let's look at Manafold's post and interject some reality into what he's spouting.

Nope. Clemson has a LOT of talent on the roster, no doubt. Recruiting has been really good the past few years and from a simple "star" perspective can trot out a top 10 or 15 team. But there are serious questions at DB, Safety, RB, TE, and of course QB. So Clemson fans THINK we have answers here, but no one will KNOW until the season starts.

Have red him on the QB situation and he seems to think any of the four competing for the starter position should be able to make the offense very potent even with the loss of a guy named Watson.

Anyone who thinks any of these guys is going to fill Watson's shoes is crazy. That's not going to happen. However, there's a 5-star and 3 4-star guys competing for a shot. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect ONE of these guys to step up and do a good job.

The receivers are nine deep and all can spell the likes of Williams, Scott and Legette.

Yep, he said that. And FWIW, I agree. Clemson will be playing 3 deep guys at all 3 WR positions. The only guy who isn't a 4-star or higher is Renfrow. The only question is can Clemson get them the ball?

He talks about a couple of five star linebackers being all world no matter they haven't played hardly a down yet

Not sure what he's talking about here. Lamar is starting at MLB and he was a 5-star guy. But he had over 120 snaps last year (behind BB). He's had a good fall camp and Clemson feels like he's going to be a good one. Our other LB started for us last year and was a 3-star out of high school. The only other 5-star LB is Shaq Smith and he's coming off a RS season and is currently competing with Chad Smith for 2nd/3rd team reps.

Have NO IDEA what he's talking about here. I suspect it was a bad day for Manafold to stop sniffing glue. Clemson has SERIOUS questions at CB (especially at boundary). So much so that a couple of the WRs have been taking snaps there.

So like most talented teams w/o an established QB, Clemson feels fairly good about the season. QB is the most important spot on the field. If things go well here, the sky is the limit. If not, 4 losses is not a bad prediction.[/QUOTEN. Nobody cares about your opinion tater. USC fans don't go on tigernet and post these novels. If you did once the moderator would ban you. That's how you folks roll. Go talk about Clempson with Clempson fans man.

Nobody cares about your opinion tater. Go post a novel on tigernet. If a USC fan responded as you on tigernet they would be banned. If you want to debate Clempson go do it on tigernet with clempson fans. Just because USC fans post about Clempson on here Its not an open invitation for you to respond. It's certainly not an open invitation when you all post about USC all day on tigernet for us to respond. Move along tater.

Not sure what the problem is?

So like most talented teams w/o an established QB, Clemson feels fairly good about the season. QB is the most important spot on the field. If things go well here, the sky is the limit. If not, 4 losses is not a bad prediction.
Just repeating some of the gush written by your beat writer Tater boy.

Why do so many on this board worry so much about Clemson? We have a football team that is undefeated right now like everyone else, and there's a ton of stuff to talk about with our team. Who gives a f***
what the" finger up the butt gang" is doing or what some jerkoff reporter who probably never played a sport in his life thinks about em
Because it's fun. Nobody worried about Clemson.

So...you're a member of their premium board? Or was that for public consumption?

Clemson is loaded with talent sure. But Watson is a National Title difference maker as was Mike Williams. Ask Auburn after Cam Newton, Ask Oregon how things went after they lost their top guys. They lose their top QB and WR in the 1st round to the NFL. They will be a top 20 team. But they will figure out quickly those are players you cant just "reload". Not to mention much like Auburns NT run, they struggled even at home beating Troy by 6, losing to unranked Pitt, NC State missing a chip shot to win, Lousiville guy runs out of bounds near the last play, FSU was one score, they blew out Syracuse, South Carolina, and SC State at home the rest of the time they struggled WITH that talent. They think they are at an Alabama level when really they will resemble Auburn post Cam Newton.

I won't even address USC's area(s) of concern, but Watson singlehandedly, and "singlelegged", won CU quite a few games they possibly lose without him. The best player in CFB the last 2 years hands down. Will be interesting to see their season play out, wouldn't be shocked with 7 wins, or 10 wins. They definitely have talent, and unlike when we were beating them, their lines are still strong. For Carolina, even with our talented skill positions, our lines will essentially make or break our season. Ok I addressed it for a second

Nobody cares about your opinion tater. Go post a novel on tigernet. If a USC fan responded as you on tigernet they would be banned. If you want to debate Clempson go do it on tigernet with clempson fans. Just because USC fans post about Clempson on here Its not an open invitation for you to respond. It's certainly not an open invitation when you all post about USC all day on tigernet for us to respond. Move along tater.

First of all, I don’t visit Tigernet. Terrible board. This is an open board, so all fans are able to post. I visit this board b/c it’s the best place to talk seriously about Clemson/USC football. The Clemson equivalent of this board is hard to get to (thebadapple) and is empty. There’s some really good discussion here and with the exception of a few folks (like you), most are willing to have civil, learned discussions about football.

Hell, I even like @MANAFOLD (although I love to give him a lot of shiit). He posts crazy stuff about Clemson, but he knows USC football. He's one die-hard fan and I respect that.

When I’m here, I try to behave as a guest and am always polite to folks. If I’m offending you in any way, please use the ignore button on me. I’m trying to talk football here and it’s obvious that don’t want to add anything to the conversation. You’ll be happier without having to scroll past my admittedly long observations.

If you are looking for a Clemson fan free board, there’s one right on this site where no fans but the USC ones are allowed to post.

Anyone else interested in USC/Clemson football, let’s get to the discussion!!

Reactions: rogue cock
I'm not talking double digit USC wins, however, I fully expect Clemson won't reach double digit this year either. Elvis is dead and Watson has moved on Taterbait.

Nice Troll post

Clemson is defending champs. Of course they feel good about their team.

They have always pumped sunshine

Patience. Just sit back and ride it out

Not going to say anything more about Klempson from now on but let the record show come Nov. we WILL cut that butt mark it down. I now send you back to your regularly scheduled FGF.

Reactions: jonesz21
About Nkimdiche, one figure Clemson felt they had the bidding contest won on this one. Hugh just decided he needed to dig a little deeper.

As far as his prognostication for this years Clemson team, he waxes a bit poetic, but only a fool would deny the stockpile of talent they have accumulated. Folks talk about how great Auburn is going to be, but we seem to hear that every year, and then they aren't nearly as good as advertised. That leaves CU with two games they might lose. FSU and Louisville. One at home, one on the road. Clemson won't be quite as good as last year just because they can't truly replace Watson. But I don't see them losing more than two games. Too much talent.
Let's see, they should have been beat by NCS, Troy and Pittsburgh did beat them. They lost their main cog on offense and they can only lose 2 games?

Reactions: SmokinStokesBBQ

That dude has so many calluses on his knee caps from servicing Dabo, he doesn't need the knee pads anymore.

Watson was a difference maker and regardless of who takes over there will be a drop off. They will not lose but a couple of times at most because they are good on D. It was our D that we rode for a while. When you look back, we all know how good Alshon and Co. was, but it was the D that was nasty.

Let's see, they should have been beat by NCS, Troy and Pittsburgh did beat them. They lost their main cog on offense and they can only lose 2 games?

Won the title using the "rub" route. Of course the ref didn't have the balls to call it.
Good team last year that seemingly got every break.
Let's see if the law of averages plays out.

First of all, I don’t visit Tigernet. Terrible board. This is an open board, so all fans are able to post. I visit this board b/c it’s the best place to talk seriously about Clemson/USC football. The Clemson equivalent of this board is hard to get to (thebadapple) and is empty. There’s some really good discussion here and with the exception of a few folks (like you), most are willing to have civil, learned discussions about football.

Hell, I even like @MANAFOLD (although I love to give him a lot of shiit). He posts crazy stuff about Clemson, but he knows USC football. He's one die-hard fan and I respect that.

When I’m here, I try to behave as a guest and am always polite to folks. If I’m offending you in any way, please use the ignore button on me. I’m trying to talk football here and it’s obvious that don’t want to add anything to the conversation. You’ll be happier without having to scroll past my admittedly long observations.

If you are looking for a Clemson fan free board, there’s one right on this site where no fans but the USC ones are allowed to post.

Anyone else interested in USC/Clemson football, let’s get to the discussion!!
Clempson want win 11 regular season games without Watson. That will eliminate them from the playoff. That's my input concerning Clempson. Oh, and in the greatest 8 year run in Clempson football history you have lost 5 times to USC.

I'm not talking double digit USC wins, however, I fully expect Clemson won't reach double digit this year either. Elvis is dead and Watson has moved on Taterbait.

Summary of MANAFOLD posts since 2014.

Summer of 2014: Clemson is going to take a huge step backward. No way you are going to be any good when you lose Tajh Boyd and Sammy Watkins. Plus, your defense hasn't been that strong. I predict Clemson goes 4-8 next year.

Summer of 2015: Clemson is going to take a huge step backward. You lose half of your starting defense and that was the only thing that kept you in games. Plus, your starting QB is an injury prone freshman who is not even on the same level as Perry Orth. You also lose Chad Morris and we all know he is the only reason the offense was any good. I predict Clemson goes 4-8 next year.

Summer of 2016: Clemson is going to take a huge step backward. You lose half of your starting defense and all of the players that were any good. Plus, your Heisman finalist QB is really not that good. Heck, he barely beat South Carolina's worst team in a decade. Also, he still looks very injury prone. Plus, Dabo has no idea how to coach and can't win the big game. I predict Clemson goes 4-8 next year.

Summer of 2017: Clemson is going to take a huge step backward. You lose almost all of your offensive production including the best QB your program has ever seen. You also lose the heart of your defense. You will have to start a QB with no experience in big games. I predict Clemson goes 4-8 this year.

Summary of MANAFOLD posts since 2014.

Summer of 2014: Clemson is going to take a huge step backward. No way you are going to be any good when you lose Tajh Boyd and Sammy Watkins. Plus, your defense hasn't been that strong. I predict Clemson goes 4-8 next year.

Summer of 2015: Clemson is going to take a huge step backward. You lose half of your starting defense and that was the only thing that kept you in games. Plus, your starting QB is an injury prone freshman who is not even on the same level as Perry Orth. You also lose Chad Morris and we all know he is the only reason the offense was any good. I predict Clemson goes 4-8 next year.

Summer of 2016: Clemson is going to take a huge step backward. You lose half of your starting defense and all of the players that were any good. Plus, your Heisman finalist QB is really not that good. Heck, he barely beat South Carolina's worst team in a decade. Also, he still looks very injury prone. Plus, Dabo has no idea how to coach and can't win the big game. I predict Clemson goes 4-8 next year.

Summer of 2017: Clemson is going to take a huge step backward. You lose almost all of your offensive production including the best QB your program has ever seen. You also lose the heart of your defense. You will have to start a QB with no experience in big games. I predict Clemson goes 4-8 this year.
He's bound to be right one of these times.

Reactions: brunswickfan05
Clempson want win 11 regular season games without Watson. That will eliminate them from the playoff. That's my input concerning Clempson. Oh, and in the greatest 8 year run in Clempson football history you have lost 5 times to USC.

FWIW, I agree. I’m HOPING that Clemson can win 10, but I fear that 9 may happen... possibly 8 if our QB doesn't work out. And yep, it’s been a pretty good 8 years even though we did lose to USC 5 times. I think it’s fair to say that 3 or 4 year stretch in there was also the greatest run in USC football history. IMHO, USC was a top 10 school and maybe even top 5 for those 3 11 win seasons. Clemson got 4 Atlantic Division titles, 3 ACC Championships, was the runner up for the NC, and finally won a NC last year. That’s a hell of a run for a team that hadn’t won a conference championship in almost 20 years.

USC on the other hand, got a division championship out of your greatest run. And although Clemson did lose 5 times, we haven’t lost the last three. I think we’ll be in pretty good shape to possibly win 4 in a row this November, then the thumb will be on the other hand. Will you fear it?

Reactions: FJRTiger and G14605
FWIW, I agree. I’m HOPING that Clemson can win 10, but I fear that 9 may happen... possibly 8 if our QB doesn't work out. And yep, it’s been a pretty good 8 years even though we did lose to USC 5 times. I think it’s fair to say that 3 or 4 year stretch in there was also the greatest run in USC football history. IMHO, USC was a top 10 school and maybe even top 5 for those 3 11 win seasons. Clemson got 4 Atlantic Division titles, 3 ACC Championships, was the runner up for the NC, and finally won a NC last year. That’s a hell of a run for a team that hadn’t won a conference championship in almost 20 years.

USC on the other hand, got a division championship out of your greatest run. And although Clemson did lose 5 times, we haven’t lost the last three. I think we’ll be in pretty good shape to possibly win 4 in a row this November, then the thumb will be on the other hand. Will you fear it?
True. Had Clempson been in the premier college football confrence they would have won the same thing. You ever wonder why Clempson is the all time doormat in the best basketball confrence in the country? I know. Its not important and nobody cares at Clempson. LOL. In case you haven't figured it out even in clempsons greatest years you have won nothing because you play in the best basketball confrence in the country.

Reactions: SmokinStokesBBQ
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT