ADVERTISEMENT

If you believe Larry Williams

FWIW, I agree. I’m HOPING that Clemson can win 10, but I fear that 9 may happen... possibly 8 if our QB doesn't work out. And yep, it’s been a pretty good 8 years even though we did lose to USC 5 times. I think it’s fair to say that 3 or 4 year stretch in there was also the greatest run in USC football history. IMHO, USC was a top 10 school and maybe even top 5 for those 3 11 win seasons. Clemson got 4 Atlantic Division titles, 3 ACC Championships, was the runner up for the NC, and finally won a NC last year. That’s a hell of a run for a team that hadn’t won a conference championship in almost 20 years.

USC on the other hand, got a division championship out of your greatest run. And although Clemson did lose 5 times, we haven’t lost the last three. I think we’ll be in pretty good shape to possibly win 4 in a row this November, then the thumb will be on the other hand. Will you fear it?
I fear we will have to watch Clempson players tickle balls and finger buttholes all year. I think Ron Cherry will be looking for it. 15 yard penalty on Clempson for giving him the fingers.

Why do so many on this board worry so much about Clemson? We have a football team that is undefeated right now like everyone else, and there's a ton of stuff to talk about with our team. Who gives a f***
what the" finger up the butt gang" is doing or what some jerkoff reporter who probably never played a sport in his life thinks about em
The only thing I worry about is us beating 'em. Otherwise, I don't waste my time.

Clemson is loaded at every position on the team. Have red him on the QB situation and he seems to think any of the four competing for the starter position should be able to make the offense very potent even with the loss of a guy named Watson. The receivers are nine deep and all can spell the likes of Williams, Scott and Legette. He claims the O line is the best ever with veterans like Morris Maverick providing valuable veteran back up experience, a guy who has maybe played four downs in three years, of course the defensive front is billed as the best in the country, he talks about a couple of five star linebackers being all world no matter they haven't played hardly a down yet, the defensive backs are three deep and Venables can just roll them in and out. Hardly no mention about special teams and the kicking game but with all the above arsenal of power maybe they aren't needed.

Sure is a lot of big talking in Pickens pre season. If they lose five this year it might defuse the euphoria somewhat but I doubt it.

Total panic will set in if Auburn rolls into the land of Orange balloons and sliding boards and hangs a big arse cuttin on the Taters.
from what Ive been told by someone whose seen them that could be true.
Robbie Caldwell the OL coach is very good and we didn't hire him twice. I'm very happy with Wolf as our OL coach but this is his 1st yr.
CU signed at least two 5 * qb's one of which I've been told would start by mid-season.
they have spent their time $$ on quality players on defense.
not to mention the flags or lack of went their way last year

Summary of MANAFOLD posts since 2014.

Summer of 2014: Clemson is going to take a huge step backward. No way you are going to be any good when you lose Tajh Boyd and Sammy Watkins. Plus, your defense hasn't been that strong. I predict Clemson goes 4-8 next year.

Summer of 2015: Clemson is going to take a huge step backward. You lose half of your starting defense and that was the only thing that kept you in games. Plus, your starting QB is an injury prone freshman who is not even on the same level as Perry Orth. You also lose Chad Morris and we all know he is the only reason the offense was any good. I predict Clemson goes 4-8 next year.

Summer of 2016: Clemson is going to take a huge step backward. You lose half of your starting defense and all of the players that were any good. Plus, your Heisman finalist QB is really not that good. Heck, he barely beat South Carolina's worst team in a decade. Also, he still looks very injury prone. Plus, Dabo has no idea how to coach and can't win the big game. I predict Clemson goes 4-8 next year.

Summer of 2017: Clemson is going to take a huge step backward. You lose almost all of your offensive production including the best QB your program has ever seen. You also lose the heart of your defense. You will have to start a QB with no experience in big games. I predict Clemson goes 4-8 this year.
Guess what, this year they go 4-8.

Reactions: johnnohj
Guess what, this year they go 4-8.
giphy.gif

They are not Alabama.
Like Texas (Young), Florida (Tebow) Auburn (Newton), FSU (Winston) Oregon (runner up, Mariota)
This is post (Watson) time now. I am not saying they will be terrible. But there is a pattern here of teams not named Alabama winning it all with a superstar QB. That is what happened last year.
Add Clemson (Watson) to this list.
They could hope to just get into the playoff losing 6,000 of their 7,000 yards of production, 2 to the first round. But the more likely situation is 9 or 10 wins, which isnt bad after a title, or it could go really south like Auburn, Florida, Oregon

Reactions: hopefultiger16
I fear we will have to watch Clempson players tickle balls and finger buttholes all year. I think Ron Cherry will be looking for it. 15 yard penalty on Clempson for giving him the fingers.

Your players loved it! That's why they spent so much time face down during the game.

Unforturnately Cherry is retired.

They are not Alabama.
Like Texas (Young), Florida (Tebow) Auburn (Newton), FSU (Winston) Oregon (runner up, Mariota)
This is post (Watson) time now. I am not saying they will be terrible. But there is a pattern here of teams not named Alabama winning it all with a superstar QB. That is what happened last year.
Add Clemson (Watson) to this list.
They could hope to just get into the playoff losing 6,000 of their 7,000 yards of production, 2 to the first round. But the more likely situation is 9 or 10 wins, which isnt bad after a title, or it could go really south like Auburn, Florida, Oregon

This is a good post. Tough to argue with. I can't see Clemson dropping more than 4 games as the bottom half of the ACC is pretty darn bad.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT