ADVERTISEMENT

If you had to give up one of these sports

If you had to give up one of these sports what would it be?

• NFL

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • MLB

Votes: 16 23.5%
  • NBA

Votes: 44 64.7%
  • College Football

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • College Basketball

Votes: 5 7.4%

• Total voters
This is a tough one.

Clearly the NFL is the best sports prodcut in the US.

College football is pretty bad since most of the games aren't that competitive and it's the same 10 teams are good every year. The level of play and execution is laughable and hard to watch at times. But it is nice to have something on in the background on Saturdays.

NBA is too long but playoffs are awesome and fill a void during late spring and early summer.

Which leaves us with MLB and College baksetball...

I only watch the Braves, and usually watch about half of their games. However, when they suck, I don't have much interest.

College basketball is a trach prodcut, except for the torunament which one of the greatest events in sport.

If I had to skip watching one it would be MLB. Their playoff is during the NFL season and if the Braves are not in it then I really don't care.

Reactions: Johnnie Cockran
Been retired from MLB & NBA for many years & don't miss it. Closest I have come to watching is Jackie Bradley on you tube throwing out runners from the outfield. NBA, I retired when Jordan was forced out, but watching the last dance was pretty cool.

My interest will always be my university, even if we play checkers and I watch the NFL because its typically better than what passes for television these days, but I don't give it the volume of time I used too.

About ten years ago I started traveling and I also started watching International soccer. I now watch more of it than anything, including gamecock sports. I have learned to enjoy the game,who the players and coaches are, and follow a club. The plus is the multinational diversity of the players and my lack of investment in the politics, one way or another, of any team or league. It's just pure sport for me. Which, I think, is what sports should be.

Definitely MLB, as a kid I loved it. Now I can't stomach watching a whole game. I think collecting Baseball Cards made the Players seem larger than life. The American league players seemed to even be larger. Watching the Cubs on WGN and the Braves on the Super station it was nothing but the National league.

Reactions: Johnnie Cockran
This is a tough one.

College football is pretty bad since most of the games aren't that competitive and it's the same 10 teams are good every year. The level of play and execution is laughable and hard to watch at times. But it is nice to have something on in the background on Saturdays.

NBA is too long but playoffs are awesome and fill a void during late spring and early summer.

I only watch the Braves, and usually watch about half of their games. However, when they suck, I don't have much interest.

College basketball is a trach prodcut, except for the torunament which one of the greatest events in sport.

If I had to skip watching one it would be MLB. Their playoff is during the NFL season and if the Braves are not in it then I really don't care.

Out of curiosity, where are you from? New England area?

NCAA basketball for me. I don’t see how people watch that shit. To me it takes a backseat to the nba

NCAA basketball for me. I don’t see how people watch that shit. To me it takes a backseat to the nba
I agree. By the time a college player shows you he can play a little bit, he is off to the NBA. May as well cut out the middle man and watch players that can actually play all the time. I have been primarily NBA for the past 25 years. The Christian Laettner Duke, UNLV and Fab Five teams were effectively the end of high level basketball on the college level.

This is a tough one.

80ish games is a lot of time invested to give that one up over the others.

Back in the day during the Celtics, Lakers, Bulls dynasty I used to watch the NBA. As time has gone by I don't watch anymore. Why that is ? I don't really know, I just don't.
Exactly the same for me.

Honestly, I could give them all up pretty easily, except college football. Not that I couldn't give up college football too, but not easily.

Out of curiosity, where are you from? New England area?

I’m not from new England but he’s right.. get past basically the same 8-10 college football teams each year and college football is competitively bad

MLB. Easy choice. Bet I haven't watched a complete inning in 20 years, and haven't missed it a bit.

NBA. It has become a dunk fest. No one plays much defense. Labron, for example, can dunk from half court without ever dribbling. Players routinely carry the ball and the officiating sucks. The rules should be the rules for everybody, not the superstar gets the calls and the rookie gets screwed. Just like Silva at USC. He got fouls called when he didn’t do anything

I too have begun to enjoy soccer. It’s fast paced, one can play np matter how tall.

NBA. It has become a dunk fest. No one plays much defense. Labron, for example, can dunk from half court without ever dribbling. Players routinely carry the ball and the officiating sucks. The rules should be the rules for everybody, not the superstar gets the calls and the rookie gets screwed. Just like Silva at USC. He got fouls called when he didn’t do anything

I too have begun to enjoy soccer. It’s fast paced, one can play np matter how tall.
That's why I actually enjoy the women's game more. Its not all about athleticism and jumping out of the gym. They play a better fundamental game because they have to.

I’m not from new England but he’s right.. get past basically the same 8-10 college football teams each year and college football is competitively bad
But college football has more drama in its little finger than the NFL has in its entire body. There is no NFL equivalent for App State's win at Michigan, Catholics vs Convicts, the Kick Six, or Clowney's hit.

Football is the only one of those I watch anymore. I haven’t watched a MLB game since Ryan Klesko was still with the Braves, an NBA game since Alonzo Mourning left the Hornets and any college basketball that doesn’t involve the Gamecocks.

I’ve already given up college football during the second half of the last couple of seasons because when the Gamecocks suck and the Taters are unstoppable, there’s nothing left for me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT