ADVERTISEMENT

If you still need to decide about firing Will Muschamp...

biden-campaign-circulated-talking-points-on-tara-reade-allegations.jpg

Reactions: Brace1 and 92Pony
Hopefully we are allowed to form our own opinions, unlike the Dems who try to program everyone to do and say the same thing, with no tolerance for coming up with your own conclusions. You have to follow them blindly or you ain`t a Democrat!

We’re talking about eliminating some sports. We’ve reduced the salary of our most highly paid and most high profile coaches. We’re looking at major reductions of income. If anyone thinks we’re going to pay huge buyouts to any coach imo that is blissful thinking and will never happen this year regardless of wins/ losses.

It was a joke.

I know there is no way he is going to be fired. No way to pay him and another coach. We are stuck with him for years, and he knows it. Expect to see the same lax attitude and poor performance we saw from him and his staff after he signed the big contract. We will relive the Virginia game several times a season.

We’re talking about eliminating some sports. We’ve reduced the salary of our most highly paid and most high profile coaches. We’re looking at major reductions of income. If anyone thinks we’re going to pay huge buyouts to any coach imo that is blissful thinking and will never happen this year regardless of wins/ losses.
If he has a poor season ,(hope not) he will not be back. They will negotiate a buyout

Gotta fire Tanner first. Dude should be checked out for early stage dementia and never allow to make another decision for the rest of his life. He clearly has no idea what he's dong and everyone who helped to hire him and approve the hiring should be replaced.

Gotta fire Tanner first. Dude should be checked out for early stage dementia and never allow to make another decision for the rest of his life. He clearly has no idea what he's dong and everyone who helped to hire him and approve the hiring should be replaced.
One big mistake by Pastides who overall was quite good.

Don't think he goes anywhere, unfortunately. Just because of an easier OOC lineup this years team could win 6, as opposed to last year's 4. And actually could do it without being better. Ray will point to improvement and how his "improvement through stability" theory is working. Still won't change the fact that they aren't gaining any ground on the folks one really needs to compete with to gain traction. Am sure he will also throw out how this is a wild card year because of the virus. Ray is tied at the hip to Muschamp. He can't have him fail and have to make a change without implicating his own bad decision. I don't think Muschamp is a bad football coach. Just not sure he is a head coach. Some are, some aren't. I remember the thought that ran through my head the day they hired him. If the man couldn't win big at a recruiting magnet like Florida, why would anyone expect him to win at USC?

Another real classy post... accusing him of having dementia, and insulting the man’s “dong” just because he didn’t fire someone after one bad season. Get a fkn grip man... Some of ya’ll are just truly awful people.

Lifer is this all you do. Berating posters that you disagree with?
Nope, I spend quite a bit of time bitching about the Corona virus lockdowns too... I think if you look around a bit you will find I do less berating of posters than many on this forum TBH, and when I do go that route it is generally the people attacking our team, players and coaches who I berate. Venting frustrations is one thing. Attacking a beloved character like Ray Tanner who was one of the most successful coaches in any sport in USC’s history in a personal manner the way that bag of rocks did... Well let’s just say I am disappointed more people have not piled on. That is completely uncalled for, immature and just plain... Ugly.

I understand people’s frustrations after a bad year in FB- I was frustrated too and certainly would have supported a coaching change, we did not get it. Doesn’t mean I will sit idly bye and watch as people post that type of BS without saying something. In the end Tanner did nothing wrong. He extended a coach after he built a 3 win team into a 9 win team in just TEO YEARS, and he did not react in a knee jerk fashion to fire man after one bad season. That is a reasonable, rational approach. We all live and die by each game and want action immediately to salve every problem but the world just does nto worn that way and sometimes giving someone another shot is the right move. Will it be this time? Nobody knows, but it would have been a huge mistake to fire Muschamp, pay that massive buyout... We would be looking this pandemic and potential massive loss of revenue in the face with empty wallets had he fired the man and pid the buyout. How many entire SPORTS of ours would be Cancelled already if we had $18Million less in the bank right now? We probably won’t skate through this unscathed even with that money... So we are actually pretty fortunate he did not do it. Gripe all you want about the payoff amount, it was not out of line with the current market and if someone had poached Will after that season of winning 9 games all the fools complaining about Tanner now would have run him out of town for losing the coach who was rebuilding our team. So, there is more than one way to look at it but just attacking the man and making comments about his mental state like that, again, is BS.

He didn't get the extension and buyout after a 9 win season. He got it after a 7 win season.

And nobody better than us wanted him. NOBODY. We could have cut his salary and he wouldn't have had anywhere to go.

But no, he got his money, decided they needed to "decompress" and embarrassed us against a UVA that clearly outworked us and was obviously better coached. It's bad enough that we have to take all the shit about losing to Clemson, but now we have to deal with all the shit from losing to UVA and UNC. And APP ST.

Can't wait til he is gone.

Last edited:
Nope, I spend quite a bit of time bitching about the Corona virus lockdowns too... I think if you look around a bit you will find I do less berating of posters than many on this forum TBH, and when I do go that route it is generally the people attacking our team, players and coaches who I berate. Venting frustrations is one thing. Attacking a beloved character like Ray Tanner who was one of the most successful coaches in any sport in USC’s history in a personal manner the way that bag of rocks did... Well let’s just say I am disappointed more people have not piled on. That is completely uncalled for, immature and just plain... Ugly.

I understand people’s frustrations after a bad year in FB- I was frustrated too and certainly would have supported a coaching change, we did not get it. Doesn’t mean I will sit idly bye and watch as people post that type of BS without saying something. In the end Tanner did nothing wrong. He extended a coach after he built a 3 win team into a 9 win team in just TEO YEARS, and he did not react in a knee jerk fashion to fire man after one bad season. That is a reasonable, rational approach. We all live and die by each game and want action immediately to salve every problem but the world just does nto worn that way and sometimes giving someone another shot is the right move. Will it be this time? Nobody knows, but it would have been a huge mistake to fire Muschamp, pay that massive buyout... We would be looking this pandemic and potential massive loss of revenue in the face with empty wallets had he fired the man and pid the buyout. How many entire SPORTS of ours would be Cancelled already if we had $18Million less in the bank right now? We probably won’t skate through this unscathed even with that money... So we are actually pretty fortunate he did not do it. Gripe all you want about the payoff amount, it was not out of line with the current market and if someone had poached Will after that season of winning 9 games all the fools complaining about Tanner now would have run him out of town for losing the coach who was rebuilding our team. So, there is more than one way to look at it but just attacking the man and making comments about his mental state like that, again, is BS.
Well said and fair

Thank you for your detailed reply. I want you to keep an open mind and ponder what I say.

There are many posters on this forum that want both RT and WM gone. If FM goes that would be fine too.

Look at BobbyFoitball. There are many posters like him. In fact on FGF they are the majority. On TIF I think it is balanced.

The heart of the issue is the competence (or incompetence) of RT and his hires. Major men’s sports have nosedived since RT took over. That is a fact. From RT’s first hire in men’s sports to the present there has been no home run. In fact, it is the opposite. He then adds to the misery by doling our buyouts to WM and FM that bind the university in a headlock. Time and time again RT has screwed up and his financial and hiring acumen is absent.

Our instate rival Owns us in football and with WM we are never going to beat them. Who in his right mind hires a coach who failed at a better resourced school? Don’t bring up Ed O. Ed O is an entirely different story. He failed at Ole Miss, not a Florida. As an interim he fared well. WM in the other hand is a micromanager who believes in hard nosed grind it out football - the style that won Saban NCs with elite talent. But Saban has changed. That style is passé. Ed O changed. Now Kirby has changed (Monken). But our genius brings in Bobo to run his system. We are doomed. Look at the Schools that are prospering - LSU, Clemson, Bama and their current style of play. We bring in good signal callers and then handcuff them. It never changes.

if we don’t make drastic changes in the Athletic Department we are destined to be the laughing stock of the SEC. RT should move to fundraising and WM should go and take Frank with him. It is not about the funding, it is about the decision making. We can be great, but not this way.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
Thank you for your detailed reply. I want you to keep an open mind and ponder what I say.

There are many posters on this forum that want both RT and WM gone. If FM goes that would be fine too.

Look at BobbyFoitball. There are many posters like him. In fact on FGF they are the majority. On TIF I think it is balanced.

The heart of the issue is the competence (or incompetence) of RT and his hires. Major men’s sports have nosedived since RT took over. That is a fact. From RT’s first hire in men’s sports to the present there has been no home run. In fact, it is the opposite. He then adds to the misery by doling our buyouts to WM and FM that bind the university in a headlock. Time and time again RT has screwed up and his financial and hiring acumen is absent.

Our instate rival Owns us in football and with WM we are never going to beat them. Who in his right mind hires a coach who failed at a better resourced school? Don’t bring up Ed O. Ed O is an entirely different story. He failed at Ole Miss, not a Florida. As an interim he fared well. WM in the other hand is a micromanager who believes in hard nosed grind it out football - the style that won Saban NCs with elite talent. But Saban has changed. That style is passé. Ed O changed. Now Kirby has changed (Monken). But our genius brings in Bobo to run his system. We are doomed. Look at the Schools that are prospering - LSU, Clemson, Bama and their current style of play. We bring in good signal callers and then handcuff them. It never changes.

if we don’t make drastic changes in the Athletic Department we are destined to be the laughing stock of the SEC. RT should move to fundraising and WM should go and take Frank with him. It is not about the funding, it is about the decision making. We can be great, but not this way.

Who would you bring in as AD?

As bad as this might sound to us Gamecocks there is an administrator at Clemson that fits the bill. He is detail oriented, has a vision to be dominant, ethical, and wants to win. For now, I will only say so much.

Good schools normally hire proven AD's from proven programs or hire assistances from proven AD's...

That AD in Clemson learned form Mike McGee...

Mike McGee AD at Carolina from 1993 - 2005

Dan Radakovich associate AD at Carolina from 1994 - 2000..

I thought at one time , years ago before McGee step down, that Dan would be McGee's replacement...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT