ADVERTISEMENT

If you were given a white towel at any of the games with UofSC... Would you...

world famous 3rd base hecklers

Sep 25, 2011
1. Use it????
2. Burn it????
3. Wave the white flag when we're losing????

I'm starting to see UofSC being used around campus and on the website...

And don't tell me this the same they brought in Cocky in 1980 to replace Big Spur... Not the same...

About UofSC
The University of South Carolina System is comprised of the state's flagship university in Columbia (founded in 1801 and currently one of the top 50 "Best Colleges" according to U.S. News and World Report), three regional comprehensive universities (USC Aiken, USC Beaufort and USC Upstate), and Palmetto College consisting of four two-year campuses (USC Lancaster, USC Salkehatchie, USC Sumter, USC Union and Fort Jackson/Extended University). Together, the USC System institutions offer more than 450 degree programs on campus and online and are uniquely positioned to meet the state's educational, cultural, health and research needs. The System employs nearly 14,000 people who work daily to improve the lives of students, fellow South Carolinians and the world. Our diverse engaged faculty and staff enjoy a dynamic and intellectually stimulating work environment.

Benefits for FTE, Research Grant or Time-Limited Positions Are Indicated Below
The University of South Carolina (UofSC), through the State of SC and Public Employee Benefit Authority (PEBA), offers employees a valuable benefits package, including health and life insurance, generous paid leave and retirement programs. To learn more about UofSC benefits, access the About Benefits section on the Applicant Portal at uscjobs.sc.edu. Research Grant or Time-limited positions may be eligible for all, some, or no benefits, based on the grant or project funding.

Throw it in the trash where it belongs. If the people who love USC refuse to use it or buy anything that has that logo on it, what are they going to do? It's about money and if we the people refuse to put money in their pockets, they will get the message. Remember the "New Coke"? Didn't last long. We have the power :)

I ignore the same folks in vegas trying to hand out flyers, if this happen to make it in my possession It would not be there but a couple seconds.

1. Use it????
2. Burn it????

And don't tell me this the same they brought in Cocky in 1980 to replace Big Spur... Not the same...

About UofSC
The University of South Carolina System is comprised of the state's flagship university in Columbia (founded in 1801 and currently one of the top 50 "Best Colleges" according to U.S. News and World Report), three regional comprehensive universities (USC Aiken, USC Beaufort and USC Upstate), and Palmetto College consisting of four two-year campuses (USC Lancaster, USC Salkehatchie, USC Sumter, USC Union and Fort Jackson/Extended University). Together, the USC System institutions offer more than 450 degree programs on campus and online and are uniquely positioned to meet the state's educational, cultural, health and research needs. The System employs nearly 14,000 people who work daily to improve the lives of students, fellow South Carolinians and the world. Our diverse engaged faculty and staff enjoy a dynamic and intellectually stimulating work environment.

The University of South Carolina (UofSC), through the State of SC and Public Employee Benefit Authority (PEBA), offers employees a valuable benefits package, including health and life insurance, generous paid leave and retirement programs. To learn more about UofSC benefits, access the About Benefits section on the Applicant Portal at uscjobs.sc.edu. Research Grant or Time-limited positions may be eligible for all, some, or no benefits, based on the grant or project funding.
Use It, for toilet paper.

Throw it in the trash where it belongs. If the people who love USC refuse to use it or buy anything that has that logo on it, what are they going to do? It's about money and if we the people refuse to put money in their pockets, they will get the message. Remember the "New Coke"? Didn't last long. We have the power :)
I think the new Coke analogy is spot on. Its not that they simply came up with an inferior product. They went and tinkered with a product was just fine the way it was. . . and replaced it with an inferior product.

Reactions: USCBatgirl21
Y'all realize we have been @ UofSC and # UofSC online for literally years now right
Exactly! UofSC has been the hashtag etc for the University proper for years but I guess a lot of folks haven't been paying attention.
Don't love the logo, but the branding makes sense. I've always disliked that we tried to call the University "USC." Doesn't matter that the University of South Carolina was here before Southern Cal.... around the country, when you say "USC", people think "Southern Cal." Fans need to get over it. We're NOT "USC", we're South Carolina and fighting the battle to call ourselves USC makes us look stupid IMO.

Reactions: coolcock2001
Exactly! UofSC has been the hashtag etc for the University proper for years but I guess a lot of folks haven't been paying attention.
Don't love the logo, but the branding makes sense. I've always disliked that we tried to call the University "USC." Doesn't matter that the University of South Carolina was here before Southern Cal.... around the country, when you say "USC", people think "Southern Cal." Fans need to get over it. We're NOT "USC", we're South Carolina and fighting the battle to call ourselves USC makes us look stupid IMO.
Pretty much.

I know how I refer to my Alma Mater. Sometimes it's USC, most of the time it's Carolina. Are both those monikers nationally associated with other institutions? Yes. Do I care? Not really. Because I know what they mean to me.

Stupid. We are fighting for it. We are USC. They are also USC. We do not compete with them on anything. No one actually gets use confused.

I don't see UM having these issues. (Which one am I talking about?)
or CU,
or OSU,
or MSU,
Kansas (KU) and Kentucky (UK)
Arkansas and Alabama manage to play in the same division and wear the same color and they both seem to use a single A without confusion.

Stupid. We are fighting for it. We are USC. They are also USC. We do not compete with them on anything. No one actually gets use confused.

I don't see UM having these issues. (Which one am I talking about?)
or CU,
or OSU,
or MSU,
Kansas (KU) and Kentucky (UK)
Arkansas and Alabama manage to play in the same division and wear the same color and they both seem to use a single A without confusion.
Are you 1/10 as familiar with the day to day operations of any of those schools as you are with University of South Carolina? Just because you as a random person in another state don't know their particular struggles with their name/branding doesn't mean they don't exist. Every organization works on stuff like this

1. Use it????
2. Burn it????

About UofSC

I'm surprised they didn't change it to South Carolina University.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT